IGNORED

Anti-choice group puts cards in trick or treater bags

lilwriter85

By: Stuart Dyson, KOB Eyewitness News 4

You’re thinking about a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup or maybe some Junior Mints, and right there in your pile of Halloween candy comes a message straight from the abortion rights battlefield. That’s the unexpected treat a few Albuquerque trick-or-treaters got Thursday night – a message from the Right to Life movement, just in time for the city’s special abortion rights election.

“I am not a clump of cells,” the card with an image of a fetus proclaims. “I am a human being.” Another one asks “Am I not human?”

The cards are from the Right to Life movement, but they are not part of the campaign in Albuquerque to outlaw late-term abortions. Elisa Martinez heads that effort with the group called Protect ABQ Women and Children.

“No, it’s not our organization,” Martinez said Friday. “Everything that we’re putting out is focused on this ordinance and passing the ordinance. Whatever anyone else feels empowered to do, we’re not going to stop them.”

Meanwhile, on the other side of the issue, local women marched downtown to the city clerk’s office to vote against the ordinance, with Albuquerque Congresswoman Michelle Lujan Grisham helping to lead the charge.

“Please join us in voting no against this restrictive measure,” Rep. Lujan Grisham urged. “This harmful measure hurts women, hurts families, and erodes our health care and civil rights protections.”

“The citizens of Albuquerque are smart enough to see though that,” Martinez said. “Throughout this process we’ve been able to educate and inform people just how dangerous these late-term abortions are for women and for children.”

Early voting continues through Nov. 15. Old-fashioned Election Day is Nov. 19. You must be a registered voter living in the city, with a photo ID, if you want to vote.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S320 ... nRNyyT-M7A

They have ruined trick-or-treating, and they've ruined state fair swag. Here's where I expect to see them next:

Boxes of Cracker Jacks at a baseball game

Water cups given out at marathons

Instead of American flags, stick little Fetus Flags on your neighbors lawns for the 4th of July

Poppies on Memorial Day and Veterans Day? Replace them with fetus pins!

Put a fetus card floating in a Jello mold to bring to mourners after a funeral

What a shitty thing to do!

If these shits ever try to pass out water during any race I'm running in, they'll get water thrown back on their face.

Ah yes, it is important to sway that all-important 6-to-12-year-old electoral demographic.

Seriously, what kind of person distributes opinions on ANY political topic to trick-or-treaters? I know the kids are just the messengers here, but IMHO that just makes this underhanded and sneaky, as well as mean-spirited. Of course, it conveniently protects the pro-lifer in question from any chance of argument, since the kids will presumably have long-since forgotten where they got the pamphlets from.

Ah yes, it is important to sway that all-important 6-to-12-year-old electoral demographic.

Seriously, what kind of person distributes opinions on ANY political topic to trick-or-treaters? I know the kids are just the messengers here, but IMHO that just makes this underhanded and sneaky, as well as mean-spirited. Of course, it conveniently protects the pro-lifer in question from any chance of argument, since the kids will presumably have long-since forgotten where they got the pamphlets from.

The way to a voter's heart is through their child's candy bucket.

The way to a voter's heart is through their child's candy bucket.

That seems like a really stupidly counter-productive move on their part. I can't imagine a parent being on the fence about the election, finding this in their 4 year olds trick -or-treat bag and being swayed to vote for it. If anything it would likely sway an undecided voter to vote against it, just cause they are pissed. That would go for any political topic, but especially when it includes disturbing images for little kids.

The news around here was a woman in Kansas City who put business cards with the candy she handed out. Except her business is Passion Parties. Because nothing says Halloween like advertising sex toys to elementary schoolers?

I don't know why people think the kids care about anything but getting to the candy. Passing out propaganda of any kind is just a sure fire way to irritate people.

I saw this on the news tonight. That is almost as tacky as the women giving out letters to children she considered to be overweight instead of candy.

Okay, anti-choicers. I don't like your beliefs. But you have every right to have them. However - time and place, time and place.

I'm fine with things other than candy - juice boxes, bouncy balls, whatever. But tracts and pro life propaganda, hells no. Shove it up yer ass.

I'm fine with things other than candy - juice boxes, bouncy balls, whatever. But tracts and pro life propaganda, hells no. Shove it up yer ass.

Agree!!

I think that handing out any propaganda is wrong. Trick or treating is suppose to be a fun child activity. It should not become a means for handing out propaganda of any kind.

I dont like to hand out candy because so many children have dietary restrictions so I tend to give out fun items. This year it was glow sticks. They were a huge hit with children and parents. I need to remember to include lanyards next year.

Someone gave out glow sticks to my kids and they loved them. A tiny notepad and a pencil was also a huge hit. Luckily there was no propaganda in our trick or treat bags.

Someone gave out glow sticks to my kids and they loved them. A tiny notepad and a pencil was also a huge hit. Luckily there was no propaganda in our trick or treat bags.

That's a great thing. A neighbor of mine use to work for bic company. They gave out pens.

I saw this on the news tonight. That is almost as tacky as the women giving out letters to children she considered to be overweight instead of candy.

That bitch. Still blows my mind.

Archived