IGNORED

Why the Religious Right likes the Shutdown

Curious

This article came across my facebook today (the first day I've braved my timeline since the shutdown started) http://quietmike.org/2013/10/12/religio ... rmageddon/

A few quotes that I thought were particularly good:

Well, the religious right are among the most vocal opponents of the ACA (Obamacare) and have claimed the issue to be a religious as well as ideological battle. Strange how you can call yourself a christian and be against making healthcare more accessible to those in need. It’s not like Jesus ever gave care to anyone for free.

The religious right are using their perceived scriptural authority to use shutting down the government as a battle of divine providence. As my philosophy professor once told me, you can never settle a religious argument rationally. When you think you have god on your side, all bets are off. Stopping healthcare is worth the end of the world.

This article detailed exactly why these people are so damn scary, IMO (not those quote necessarily, but the article in it's entirety)

Truly frightening. Thanks for sharing. It's true that you can use "God" as an excuse for practically anything, at least in some circles.

Arguing with Christians or trying to use logic is impossible-- it is like arguing with someone who has an imaginary friend. "Well my friend Timmy Nutkins says you are a bad person because you are pretending you can't see him!"

I wonder if the Religious Right is going to come out of its circle jerk long enough to read the latest polls of who is being blamed more for the shutdown. :disgust: Hint, so far, it's not Obama.

I wonder if the Religious Right is going to come out of its circle jerk long enough to read the latest polls of who is being blamed more for the shutdown. :disgust: Hint, so far, it's not Obama.

I would say the ultra right is still jerking like crazy.... I have a puppet on a site or two and am seeing lots and lots and LOTS of stuff on how everything negative about the shutdown is Obama's fault. Apparently, he is personally going out and locking parks and closing the sealanes and taking bottles out of babies mouths. He must be worn out from all this-- they repeat it to one another so frequently that the know anything else is lie.

This is a big problem when people use God as a prop. They are targeting one aspect of the government funding but when you list other federal aid that the so called Christians are receiving, they believed they are entitled to it. Idiots.

Here is a video of what will happen to them: http://youtu.be/91DSNL1BEeY. "Turns out the Jews were right."

"Fornicators! Fornicators! My, there are a lot of you. OK, let's split you up into *adulterers* and *the rest*. Male adulterers, please line up in front of that guillotine. Thank you." :lol: :lol: :lol:

The cable in my bedroom is fucked up, so I can only get a few channels. I was trying to find a channel that had the press conference they had on this morning since CNN is one of the channels it does not get. The only "news" channel I could get was Fox :mouse-shock: I decided to give it a try, thinking they might show the press conference.

I made it 4 minutes into the show they had on.

It's amazing how much misinformation you can cram into 4 minutes.

Strange how you can call yourself a christian and be against making healthcare more accessible to those in need. It’s not like Jesus ever gave care to anyone for free.[ /quote]

I have yet to hear fundie give a straight answer to this.

On, and as for the end of the world and Armageddon:

"But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only."-- Matthew 24:3

These are Christ's own words and the one passage that is completely ignored by fundies and Christan doomsday sayers.

:roll:

Archived