IGNORED

Kirk Cameron helps you answer your children's"Why? questions

homeschoolmomma1

shepherdpress.com/why-do-the-leaves-change-color

I am a Christian too... but what happens when the Bible can't answer the "Why?" questions? I mean let's look at science too

Edit... it wasn't Kirk who wrote the article, but he posted it on his Facebook page

My 3 yo asked this morning, while sitting on the potty, how do babies come out of your bottom? And how do they get in your tummy? If I had answered that god put the baby in the tummy and makes it come out, I would have had a confused, scared little girl. I told her what happens, in 3 yo language. A much more satisfactory answer I think.

My 3 yo asked this morning, while sitting on the potty, how do babies come out of your bottom? And how do they get in your tummy? If I had answered that god put the baby in the tummy and makes it come out, I would have had a confused, scared little girl. I told her what happens, in 3 yo language. A much more satisfactory answer I think.

Can you imagine? She'd be terrified that god would put a baby in her belly- at any moment!

The adult me would like to go back in time to ask the 13-year-old me why she would kiss her Kirk Cameron poster goodnight every evening. Hindsight is 20/20.

Kirk Cameron is completely irrelevant. He's a washed up sitcom star whose sole claim to fame was being a crappy actor who looked good. Why exactly should I take religious advice from this man?

God is the One who hung the earth in space at just the precise angle needed for seasons to occur.

Except that most of the world is uninhabitable or living conditions are harsh due to unforgiving climates or non-arable land...but ok, god hung the earth in space at just the precise angle so a small fraction of the planet can have seasons.

If I answered my kid's questions as suggested by this fool I would be doing her a grave disservice.

I want to know why anyone pays attention to Kirk Cameron.

Trainwreck factor. Plus I liked "Growing Pains" back in the day.

If you mean why does anyone take him seriously now, that I don't know :)

Except that most of the world is uninhabitable or living conditions are harsh due to unforgiving climates or non-arable land...but ok, god hung the earth in space at just the precise angle so a small fraction of the planet can have seasons.

If I answered my kid's questions as suggested by this fool I would be doing her a grave disservice.

F**king magnets, how do they work? Nobody knows.

Years ago, one of my friends had a water pitcher called "The Gurgling Cod" (not entirely sure that was the manufacturer's name for it, but hey...). When you poured the liquid out, the pitcher would make this almost rude, loud gurgling noise. It was loads of fun (bored college students - or that's my excuse anyway)! :)

Then a friend of ours in the engineering program informed us of the mechanics of it. All of a sudden, the cod wasn't so much fun any more, we went back to water straight out of the tap and saw our visits to the toilet severely cut back. Logic and rationality is such a killjoy. :P

I guess what we really needed was Kirk telling us that the cod gurgle was a sign and if we drank out of it, we'd ace all of our finals. And trust me, there were times I would've welcomed any perceived divine intervention!

Years ago, one of my friends had a water pitcher called "The Gurgling Cod" (not entirely sure that was the manufacturer's name for it, but hey...). When you poured the liquid out, the pitcher would make this almost rude, loud gurgling noise. It was loads of fun (bored college students - or that's my excuse anyway)! :)

Then a friend of ours in the engineering program informed us of the mechanics of it. All of a sudden, the cod wasn't so much fun any more, we went back to water straight out of the tap and saw our visits to the toilet severely cut back. Logic and rationality is such a killjoy. :P

I guess what we really needed was Kirk telling us that the cod gurgle was a sign and if we drank out of it, we'd ace all of our finals. And trust me, there were times I would've welcomed any perceived divine intervention!

The Gurgling Cod is a legit thing! It's a really common wedding present in the Boston area. Shreve, Crump and Low make them- http://www.shrevecrumpandlow.com/gurgling_cods/ (link not broken, it's a commercial site). It's like an iconic Boston thing. I have a blue one. It's useless, and sits in my cabinet with all of the crystal stuff we got as wedding presents. I think now I'll drag it out on Thanksgiving.

The adult me would like to go back in time to ask the 13-year-old me why she would kiss her Kirk Cameron poster goodnight every evening. Hindsight is 20/20.

GAH! You mean his likeness defrauded his purity? ZOMG he third party kissed a woman that isnt his wife!!!!!!!!!!! :pink-shock:

I can only imagine if they had fatheads back in the day...

The Gurgling Cod is a legit thing! It's a really common wedding present in the Boston area. Shreve, Crump and Low make them- http://www.shrevecrumpandlow.com/gurgling_cods/ (link not broken, it's a commercial site). It's like an iconic Boston thing. I have a blue one. It's useless, and sits in my cabinet with all of the crystal stuff we got as wedding presents. I think now I'll drag it out on Thanksgiving.

Yes! That's it! Now I want to get one, just for memory's sake. :)

You metaphysically defrauded Kirk Cameron, God's chosen messenger? You shameless harlot of Babylon! Extra points off your "Are you a good person" test.

You metaphysically defrauded Kirk Cameron, God's chosen messenger? You shameless harlot of Babylon! Extra points off your "Are you a good person" test.

:cracking-up: :dance: (the closest I could get to Running Man and Cabbage Patch emoticons)

Hah, he's not related to Small and Smaller. A sample of questions so far:

"Why do men have titties like women?"

"Is the Baby Jesus real? Cause I don't like that."

"Why are people stupid?"

"Why do you have to work and why do you have to have money?"

"Cats really can't talk or just pretendin'?"

"How come ye cannae speak proper?" (to my mum, who's a Londoner). My mum said "because I'm English and we don't speak like you" and this was followed up by Small with "Why don't you try harder to speak like people?"

"Can man's willies actually fall off? If they do can ladies steal them?"

:think:

Hah, he's not related to Small and Smaller. A sample of questions so far:

"Why do men have titties like women?"

"Is the Baby Jesus real? Cause I don't like that."

"Why are people stupid?"

"Why do you have to work and why do you have to have money?"

"Cats really can't talk or just pretendin'?"

"How come ye cannae speak proper?" (to my mum, who's a Londoner). My mum said "because I'm English and we don't speak like you" and this was followed up by Small with "Why don't you try harder to speak like people?"

"Can man's willies actually fall off? If they do can ladies steal them?"

:think:

I would love to see him answer those questions.

That is just so cute, Small and Smaller are such awesome kids.

Archived