IGNORED

Happy 25th James Arndt

0 kids n not countin

I see the four oldest are on a long road trip. Right now they are in CA. That's pretty cool and independent of them...

If they are, I hope they're posting and visiting every Craigslist ad from casual encounters....

We have the birthdays of Caleb (15 on 11/1) and Seth (22 on 12/25) to look forward to in the next few months. By then, Mommy ought to be wearing pants... right? RIGHT? :pray:

We have the birthdays of Caleb (15 on 11/1) and Seth (22 on 12/25) to look forward to in the next few months. By then, Mommy ought to be wearing pants... right? RIGHT? :pray:

I've found it comforting to pretend that Mommy Arndt does her tennis practice every morning at 10 or 11 am, and just before she heads out to the court is when they do their birthday photos.

I know, I know, but at least it keeps the white shorts looking normal... :lol:

Actually, I suspect they intentionally make the photos as similar as possible in terms of background, in order to eventually turn the birthday photos into some kind of video collage, like "watch Seth grow up before your very eyes!" while Mom and Dad stand next to him (apparently unchanged) :lol:

Do we know who takes the birthday photos? Like it is usually a specific person? Do they take turns? Is it an automatic timer?

Inquiring minds want to know.

IMG_20130919_100747.jpg

If you look closely at the bottom right corner of the pic, there is a manboy kneeling at the bed. Anybody see that? WTF could that be about?

Hmmm. That's just weird.

Don't they eventually all sit on the bed instead of going to the dining room table to eat the cake?

(There's no way that doesn't sound double-entendre'ish, I'm so sorry.)

We started a tradition of taking the kids' photos in the same place on the first day of school. Looking at the series of photos, you see how they've grown. The series stopped at senior year of hs, ahem ahem.

Could the bedside Arndt have a video camera? You know how they love to record themselves from all possible angles, then do annoying split-screens on the resulting videos.

Hilarious catch about the plastic cover tossed on the bed. Fall birthdays tend to outnumber others in many families, and by now the specialness of birthday!!! and caek!!!!! are probably pretty old news. Thus the over-smiling on the birthday BOYS.

PS, since it's a snark board: Cathy's legs are all right, but they're nothing special, particularly the round knees and teeny-tiny ankles. I'm gonna play "What Not To Wear" here and give her two pieces of advice:

1. bobby sox would look better (if you INSIST on weraring that stupid outfit daily)

2. longer, narrower-legged shorts would look classier.

3. and cinch in your waistline and lose the cleavage. Nobody wants to see that!

Three pieces of advice. No extra charge, Cathy, don't sweat it.

Don't they eventually all sit on the bed instead of going to the dining room table to eat the cake?

(There's no way that doesn't sound double-entendre'ish, I'm so sorry.)

We started a tradition of taking the kids' photos in the same place on the first day of school. Looking at the series of photos, you see how they've grown. The series stopped at senior year of hs, ahem ahem.

Could the bedside Arndt have a video camera? You know how they love to record themselves from all possible angles, then do annoying split-screens on the resulting videos.

Hilarious catch about the plastic cover tossed on the bed. Fall birthdays tend to outnumber others in many families, and by now the specialness of birthday!!! and caek!!!!! are probably pretty old news. Thus the over-smiling on the birthday BOYS.

PS, since it's a snark board: Cathy's legs are all right, but they're nothing special, particularly the round knees and teeny-tiny ankles. I'm gonna play "What Not To Wear" here and give her two pieces of advice:

1. bobby sox would look better (if you INSIST on weraring that stupid outfit daily)

2. longer, narrower-legged shorts would look classier.

Three pieces of advice. No extra charge, Cathy, don't sweat it.

We do the same thing, but I have kids in elementary school, not kids in their 30's.

Hmm, I haven't looked back at earlier photos on this, but it kinda looks like what I thought was MomArndt's cleavage is actually some kind of dark jewelry -- I think I can make out the lines of the necklace and then some kind of teardroppy shaped piece.

So maybe more poor photo planning/lighting to wear that when, given the glare from the windows, it's gonna end up looking like cleavage.

IMG_20130919_100747.jpg

If you look closely at the bottom right corner of the pic, there is a manboy kneeling at the bed. Anybody see that? WTF could that be about?

lol I missed that, thought it was just mussed up blankets! but now I see an arm and a hand and an ear...

Do we know who takes the birthday photos? Like it is usually a specific person? Do they take turns? Is it an automatic timer?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I suspect they have an automatic timer on a tripod camera, just seeing how video-savvy they are. But the kid scrunched by the bed does make me wonder if it's something else.

Is it just me, or do they have a lot of birthdays at this time of year?

From January to May there are 9 birthdays (including Mama and Papa's). From July to December there are 7 birthdays.

I see the four oldest are on a long road trip. Right now they are in CA. That's pretty cool and independent of them...

Not really, I'm pretty sure they are on a road trip because Mommy and Daddy said they could go (perhaps for Paul's birthday?). I remember awhile back one of the middle boys was so excited that "at the last minute Daddy said he could go along with a few of the others who were going somewhere".

It appears that the cake is presented to him after they are in the bedroom -- either that or it's presented to him with the plastic cover still on it -- because in the very right of the photo, the edge of the cake cover is visible, laying on the bed.

Oh, dear. Mama Arndt can't even be bothered to bake cakes for her kids' birthdays? They don't look like very good cakes, so I always just assumed they were home-made. Cheap-ass supermarket bakery cakes, ick.

Someone needs to do me a favor. give me 'highlights' on what posts are really funny/fun/interesting/shocking to read on their blog. I don't really have time to start from the beginning, although i might get some laughs... when they were on TV in that special years ago I always felt bad for Mary... only had her mother. I wonder if she is still their precious little girl although she would be a lot older.

Also... do they really still have a tv show?

Archived