IGNORED

Lady Lydia Outdoes Herself

GenerationCedarchip

I know 2 women who worked as nannies. One of them has 4 kids and wants more. She's a fabulous mom btw. The other can't have children, but wants to foster and adopt. LL is full of shit.

If my mom had taken Lady Lydia's tone, we wouldn't have had food or shelter....thank goodness she saw things differently

I guess LL won't read The Help and notice that it was the black maids who took care of the little white babies and children, while their Mother's were off at junior league, lunching with their friends whose maids were raising their children, or playing cards.

She is such a crackpot.

Did you see the picture of her a few posts back standing in a field wrapped in a gold lame swath of fabric?

Yeah. Crazy eyes just like Michelle (the Renaissance was bad because it ended the God fearing dark ages) Bachmann.

:o

Holy crap, I just got to this one:

Um, you can't tell me you raised your own kids right being home with them when they ended up being negligent, abusive parents...

And, ftr, while I plan to stay home with our kids when we have them, my job's very accommodating of our working parents, flexible schedules and we can work from home if our kids are sick. I swear these people think no woman can have a decent career working with decent people.

I think it says quite a lot that someone would leave their sick children locked in a car all day, rather than leave them with their grandmother.

Also, she says this about clothing:

"Commercial clothing for women today are often designed to match office buildings and printing machines instead of the wonderful floral and oceans that God made."

I'm going to the opera tonight...let me find my dress that looks like my MacBook...oh wait, the dress I'm wearing is blue! Like the ocean! That means it's ok, right?

I mean, seriously, what is she smoking?

Guest Anonymous
Also, she says this about clothing:

"Commercial clothing for women today are often designed to match office buildings and printing machines instead of the wonderful floral and oceans that God made."

I'm going to the opera tonight...let me find my dress that looks like my MacBook...oh wait, the dress I'm wearing is blue! Like the ocean! That means it's ok, right?

I mean, seriously, what is she smoking?

I'm sorry to have to tell you, antifundie, but your blue dress will send you straight to hell. You can only save yourself by spangling it with glittery pink seashells. Then it will be a holy dress that celebrates God's glory.

... I kind of feel like I accidently wrote a Taryn/Lady Lydia mash up post.

I don't get Lady Lydia. She doesn't practice what she preaches. She talks about being a strong woman of God, but she seems like she does nothing but sit around all day decorating and sewing S&S dresses. She's older, right? She doesn't have any little ones she's rearing. I don't know how redoing your guest rooms with hideous knitted things, making greeting cards from old calendars, and typing up judgmental blog posts count towards being a productive, fruitful Titus 2 woman. I think she should go volunteer at the VA hospital and shut the heck up.

Well, Lissar, I did just make an outfit change to a skirt+FLORAL top (erm, not LL approved--tiny black flowers on white background) but that decision was made based on shoe and bag choices, so I'm probably going to hell anyways.

Course, I'm going to hell since I'm currently wearing pants, take bc, and haven't worn a hair bow since I was 12, but that's beside the point.

I'm wearing a bright yellow (er, gold) Green Bay Packers Superbowl T-shirt.

Show me the office building or copy machine it was made to match. Because, seriously, that is an office I'd like to work in.

Then again, the offices of the Packers staff are probably loaded with green and gold and football related decorations, so maybe there is something to that?

I still say I'd be happy to work there.

My tee shirt is green and has our city logo, an Oak tree on it. Will that pass muster with the glitter gal?

lol, I have a t-shirt with the NYC skyline on it somewhere - it does have glitter & sparkles, but it's black with shades of gray & blue. Maybe I should wear it tomorrow in honor of LL. Either that, or I should paint my fax machine baby pink & pour glitter on it.

Right now, I'm wearing a gray sleeveless dress with small navy blue flowers (yes seriously), not no ruffles, sparkles, or lace, so I guess I'm trying to match a flowered office building somewhere.

I'm wearing a bright yellow (er, gold) Green Bay Packers Superbowl T-shirt.

Show me the office building or copy machine it was made to match. Because, seriously, that is an office I'd like to work in.

Then again, the offices of the Packers staff are probably loaded with green and gold and football related decorations, so maybe there is something to that?

I still say I'd be happy to work there.

I have one of those bright yellow ones and socks to match too! My daughter's is Green and Yellow. LL would have a fit if she saw us on game days wearing our shirts, drinking beer, eating hot wings and cheering those manly men on the Packers!

Well, hmmm. I work not in an office building, but in a messy bedroom in our messy condo. I admit that sometimes I look just as messy, wearing pajamas until late in the day, or exercise clothes. I guess I'm trying to match, after all.

But right now I'm in a teal top with tulle trim that forms sort of a floral design across the chest... and... oops, evil black capri pants. No pink, and a garment that pertaineth to a man. Clearly, I am wrong, and the 60-year-old woman who has nothing to do but glitter paper teapots is right.

I would answer her question about the artists with a "yes". All you have to do is google and you can find a number of paintings depicting a governess or nanny posed lovingly with their charges. Lots of modern-day pictures of the same. Several of the paintings LL posted could have just as easily been a nanny with the child if they were not specifically titled "mother".

There's also Norman Rockwell's Happy Birthday Miss Jones. Or is he not sentimental enough for Lady Lydia's tastes?

The comment thread on that post is now going on to inform us that the riots in London wouldn't have happened if the rioters' mothers had stayed home, home-schooled them, and taught them good authoritarian morals.

And LL opines that the jogging stroller shows an unnecessary obsession with weight. Most people need to lose weight, she says, but they can do so just by doing their normal housework if they are working hard enough at it.

And LL opines that the jogging stroller shows an unnecessary obsession with weight. Most people need to lose weight, she says, but they can do so just by doing their normal housework if they are working hard enough at it.

We should just hop around with babies in our pouches as seen in God's marvelous plan for kangaroos.

There's also Norman Rockwell's Happy Birthday Miss Jones. Or is he not sentimental enough for Lady Lydia's tastes?

Never thought I'd see Norman Rockwell and "not sentimental enough" in the same sentence. ;)

An interesting page of art work, much of which was done during Lydia's beloved Victorian era. Somehow, I don't think she's ever seen them since in her world the only Victorian art depicted motherhood and femininity.

willowbrookpark.blogspot.com/2010/12/boys-of-summer.html

Archived