IGNORED

Nicolas Cage envies Kirk Cameron's career

Many_Spaynes

So Nicolas Cage is starring in the latest Left Behind movie (!?!). This article says millions in unpaid taxes might be the reason but it also points out that he must have rec'd other movie offers.

Anyone have any thoughts on why he'd do this? I'm gobsmacked. I'm not his biggest fan but I thought he was above this.

lafiga.firedoglake.com/2013/09/01/left-behind-nic-cage-whores-himself-out/

(Since it's Left Behind, I figured this qualified as Quiverful of Snark but if it needs to be moved, please do & my apologies!)

So sorry! I hadn't seen the other thread. Mods, please merge or delete or whatever you think is best.

Yours has the better title!!

I can't find the other thread, but yeah I think money is behind it. Cage has been in several lower budget movies of late and I think he's taking everything he can get to pay off his debts. If Left Behind has offered him a boatload of cash, he's going to take it even if it's a turkey.

Tell you what: I like Nic Cage and I will make it a point to buy a ticket for something else and wander into the LB movie "by mistake." He can only make it more watchable than it otherwise would've been.

"Raising Arizona"

"Honeymoon In Vegas"

"National Treasure" (part 1)

Guy's a nut but he can be a fun nut to watch. :geek:

Of course that's bad news for unenlightened folks who will see this movie and fall for Cameron's stupidity... :naughty:

Oh, the mixed emotions!

Nic Cage is a national treasure (and was IN it, heh!). He has been the star of divinely terrible movies. When I discover a friend has not seen "Wicker Man" I pull out my copy and insist we watch it immediately. I cannot wait to add "Left Behind" to my awful collection.

I've said it before, but Moonstruck was good & I liked him in it. I would have liked Peggy Sue Got Married better if he hadn't affected that weird voice, but I've probably watched that movie about 100x & still love it. City of Angels wasn't that bad & I liked the soundtrack. I know the man needs money, and wish him all the luck in the world, but I really wish he wouldn't have done this movie :ew:

He's a great actor, I don't get why he's doing this. I mean, I get he's in debt and it's money, but there have to be other offers.

I really liked the cheesy Sorcerer's Apprentice and National Treasure. :) Ghost Rider is one of my brothers fave movies-though he will happily watch anything remotely comic book based.

The dudes a bit of a nut but hey, whateve. Should make for this one being "interesting" in his own specific ways anyway! ::lol:

Left Behind is already complete trash, no matter who is in it. Now, they can bill it as starring Academy Award winner Nicolas Cage.

Nic Cage is a national treasure (and was IN it, heh!). He has been the star of divinely terrible movies. When I discover a friend has not seen "Wicker Man" I pull out my copy and insist we watch it immediately. I cannot wait to add "Left Behind" to my awful collection.

Do you have Vampire's Kiss in your awful collection?

Face/Off!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know why, but the part where he tells a chick he can make a peach last hours just cracks me up. I know it was a scripted line, but the way he says it just tickles me and I will snort when I laugh. I only do that when it actually hurts me to keep laughing :cray-cray:

ETA I never realized until now how many of his movies I've seen. :embarrassed:

Archived