IGNORED

Common Room blog try to scare child into monotheism

FairyPrincessK

I think she's talking about where the link said that servants revolted about having to eat lobster and crab more than three times a week. She's saying none of that is true, I think.

I see. So basically she is avoiding addressing things about the blogger by nitpicking at the article.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she's talking about where the link said that servants revolted about having to eat lobster and crab more than three times a week. She's saying none of that is true, I think.

Yes. Though multiple pages mention it or similar. Even without that specific reference, loads of pages reference the fact that lobster was a common and very much not luxury food. So unless someone links some sources to the contrary (stating that lobster has always been a delicacy and/or a symbol of wealth that the poor should not be wasting money on) then I think I'm gonna stick with the Mainers on this one.

Yes. Though multiple pages mention it or similar. Even without that specific reference, loads of pages reference the fact that lobster was a common and very much not luxury food. So unless someone links some sources to the contrary (stating that lobster has always been a delicacy and/or a symbol of wealth that the poor should not be wasting money on) then I think I'm gonna stick with the Mainers on this one.

I know people from Newfoundland who grew up eatting lobster because they couldn't afford balogna.

I know people from Newfoundland who grew up eatting lobster because they couldn't afford balogna.

Yeah, I remember reading about a guy who was embarrassed because he was so poor he had to take lobster sandwiches to school, when all the other kids had bologna. I wish I could remember where I read it. I remember being boggled that someone would consider bologna to be better than lobster.

Archived