IGNORED

Art Fail

SamuraiKatz

When I was a kid I was seriously in to art and painting...then I grew up and had kids and well...the next thing you know I'm 50 and I have a mostly empty nest so I picked up a brush and some paints...some are good...some not so good. This is acrylic on acrylic. I free painted the sunset back ground then used a stencil to create the image. All was going well until I started working on the birds head. I overloaded my paint brush and ended up with inkblot bird.. Bob Ross said "There are no mistakes, just happy accidents." I'm just not getting the happy part.

bird fail.jpg

Awww. It is really pretty except for the bird's head. Is there anyway to fix it? I can barely draw stick people so I'm always amazed at people who are artistic.

Awww. It is really pretty except for the bird's head. Is there anyway to fix it? I can barely draw stick people so I'm always amazed at people who are artistic.

Thank you, Formergotherdite! The bird's head was AFTER I'd cleaned it up. I used acrylic paints which dry fast but leave little room for error. The black portions were done with a stencil taped on a back ground I prepainted. The only fix is to do it over and not over load my brush.

Can I call you Goth for short? Or FG??

SamKatz

PS Art and drawing are like learning how to write. We all have our own unique style. And it takes practice. Donna Dewberry and Bob Ross are my teachers :-)

Archived