IGNORED

Paula Deen Facebook Support Page

debrand

Lots of people are jumping the gun everywhere (including the Food Network). In America, we are innocent until proven guilty. I read Paula's legal deposition last evening. Yes, she admits using the "n" word in the past; and yes, she is remorseful. However, what the media has not shared with the public is another employees role in this mess; a man named Karl S. (I cannot remember the spelling ). His degree of participation with Lisa Jackson and the Deen/Heirs family has not been revealed to the public. I only read Paula's side of the story concerning him; I'm not sure if he has made a deposition, yet. There's always more to a story than meets the eye; especially initially! Stay tuned.

You don't apologize for something you haven't done.

Lots of people are jumping the gun everywhere (including the Food Network). In America, we are innocent until proven guilty. I read Paula's legal deposition last evening. Yes, she admits using the "n" word in the past; and yes, she is remorseful. However, what the media has not shared with the public is another employees role in this mess; a man named Karl S. (I cannot remember the spelling ). His degree of participation with Lisa Jackson and the Deen/Heirs family has not been revealed to the public. I only read Paula's side of the story concerning him; I'm not sure if he has made a deposition, yet. There's always more to a story than meets the eye; especially initially! Stay tuned.

Given she's admitted to a fair portion of it and given that the whole legal business is incredibly bad for her no matter what, I don't think Food Network is doing some kind of moral judgement on a cute older lady for once accidentally using a racial insult in the past. I think what they are actually doing is saying "Wow, that's a *lot* of shit you just dumped on our brand. How much are your ratings going to fall anyway? We're not renewing your contract, bye".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkwbyNKC9Kg

First, it's filmed in what appears to be a nail salon. Interesting choice.

Second, she mentions HERSELF first. She's caused pain to HERSELF, she's pulling HERSELF together, she's spent the best of 24 years to help HERSELF and others. Me, me, meeeeee!

And just for the record, my mother is 78 years old, raised in SC, and has never used the N word. Her mother's SC hometown (population 900) still boasts a white funeral home and a black funeral home on separate sides of town (I wish I were kidding). But shame on Paula Deen for taking advantage of the public and cooking up a storm of food on national television based on a culture she doesn't even begin to understand or respect and harboring racism. Grrrrr.

She got what she deserved. I just hope she invested well because she offended a lot of Americans and she's going to need an income stream.

We have a funeral home for whites and one for blacks in my hometown in SC too, and that still hasn't changed. I heard the N word used in our area, but the term "darkies" was used more commonly. Totally OT, but I can't believe that I have a real life friend on Facebook who's defending Paula Deen. I don't know if I should defriend her or just ignore it. It complicates things cause she lives right down the street, so it's not like we won't see each other like with the usual friends on FB that you have to sometimes ignore or delete. I wish I'd not seen that.

I heard from my mom that she was planning on holding a "Plantation Party" with black men as servants/servers. Is this true? :think:

I heard from my mom that she was planning on holding a "Plantation Party" with black men as servants/servers. Is this true? :think:

It was a Plantation wedding and she wanted to dress black people up as servants and have them tap dance or something so it would be like the "good old days." :roll:

It was a Plantation wedding and she wanted to dress black people up as servants and have them tap dance or something so it would be like the "good old days." :roll:

The FUCK? :pink-shock:

I wasn't going to say anything, but when I got married the first time it was at an old plantation. The pictures were lovely and I got to come down a staircase and look very dramatic. Now I'm going to be self conscience if I talk about it cause people will think it was like Paula Deen's version. Damn. I feel bad for the venue owners who are going to get a bad rap because her version will be what people think of when they hear about a wedding at a plantation.

We have a funeral home for whites and one for blacks in my hometown in SC too, and that still hasn't changed. I heard the N word used in our area, but the term "darkies" was used more commonly. Totally OT, but I can't believe that I have a real life friend on Facebook who's defending Paula Deen. I don't know if I should defriend her or just ignore it. It complicates things cause she lives right down the street, so it's not like we won't see each other like with the usual friends on FB that you have to sometimes ignore or delete. I wish I'd not seen that.

At least it isn't your family. :cry: My aunt and her daughter both posted support for Paula Deen. Hopefully, they don't understand the full extent of the accusations against her.

I'm reading through her testimony and it sounds as if she was in deep denial about her brother's problems. If she had listened to other people-including a consulting firm-she wouldn't be in this mess. The N word incident probably would not have come to anyone's attention. According to her, everyone was jealous of her brother and telling lies about him.

One thing that I found strange was that Lisa Jackson said that Paula told her to massage people's feelings when they got hurt. Paula denied ever using the term in that way but later, she said that Lisa Jackson and her business manager 'massaged' the consulting firm. So, she lied.

I'm on 65 of the 149 testimony and she says that she never read the report that was given to her by the expensive consulting firm that she hired. She said that it was important to meet with the firm because she paid a lot of money for them but she didn't bother to read the report? She also denies that certain things were said during a meeting over what was in the written report.

Could she come back from this? It is possible, I think but she'd have to admit that her brother has serious problems and stop protecting him. She'd also have to admit fault for her part in this. Reading through the testimony, I don't see that happening.

I watched her show, and never really cared about Bubba. He seemed like just a hanger-on. Maybe that's why he's not catching more heat for this? I think loyalty is important, but when she found out what her brother was doing in the business she set up for him she should have lit a fire under his ass to change.

It sounds like Bubba is 99.9% responsible for the lawsuit but Paula is definitely sticking her head in the sand when it comes to her baby brother. In her deposition, she said she raised him from age 16 on. Outwardly, her sons seem more mature than Uncle Bubba but who knows.

You don't apologize for something you haven't done.

What I am suggesting is the is MORE to this story than Paula using a racial slur and planning a (second) wedding for Bubba that would have professional servers who are people of color dressed with bow ties creating a "Plantation" styled event. We have, yet, to hear a public word from Bubba and Karl. Why is Paula protecting her brother?

What I am suggesting is the is MORE to this story than Paula using a racial slur and planning a (second) wedding for Bubba that would have professional servers who are people of color dressed with bow ties creating a "Plantation" styled event. We have, yet, to hear a public word from Bubba and Karl. Why is Paula protecting her brother?

Dysfunctional family? My mom's family protected a sexual abuser among their members because they felt family should stick by one another no matter what. :cry:

She said that she started taking care of him after their parents died. Also, she seems to have a low opinion about how men are supposed to act. It sounds like she believes, "Boys will be boys."

Also, during her testimony, she seems to be purposely playing dumb. It isn't that she comes off stupid but she says that she never read the report or had anyone complain about Bubba.

She seems to think that everyone is jealous of her brother and just set out to frame him or something. It is interesting that she claims that Ms. Jackson often blew things out of proportion but can't give examples.

Also, during her testimony, she seems to be purposely playing dumb. It isn't that she comes off stupid but she says that she never read the report or had anyone complain about Bubba.

She seems to think that everyone is jealous of her brother and just set out to frame him or something. It is interesting that she claims that Ms. Jackson often blew things out of proportion but can't give examples.

Paula gives the impression in her deposition that she is a "hands off" owner. Karl seems to be running the show; yet, she is unsure of what he's really doing. At one point, she says something like the money from her book tours and FN shows are what floats the restaurants. If that is true; she is not taking care of her business!

There is not enough facepalm in the world. Food Network is not required to extend or continue employment to any person. Aren't these the same people who support capitalism, "right to work", and companies being allowed to do whatever the fuck they want? This is part of it. Deal.

The whole thing is just like chick-fil-a all over again. It's amazing the people who will come out of the woodwork to defend "free speech" and the like...but only when they already agree with what's being said :|

Archived