IGNORED

Abortion is Wrong because fetuses masturbate

Mela99

Ten points for a new argument, I guess?

jezebel.com/texas-rep-says-abortion-is-evil-because-fetuses-masturb-513998465

This story meshes interestingly with another headline from yesterday: "GOP plan to appeal to millenials: 'Make abortion funny'" (salon.com/2013/06/17/gop_plan_to_appeal_to_millennials_make_abortion_funny/)

I'd say you guys are making great strides toward that goal already!

Ahh! But apparently only MALE fetuses masturbate. Does that mean it's OK to go ahead with abortions of female fetuses?

It's also interesting that newborns apparently lose this ability having very little actual control over arm and hand movements. Most little boys find their fun parts at about 6 months...

More for thought: Masturbation is ebil, so should we permit ebil babies to live?

Watch a sonogram of a 15-week baby, and they have movements that are purposeful. They stroke their face. If they’re a male baby, they may have their hand between their legs. If they feel pleasure, why is it so hard to believe that they could feel pain?â€

What the hell did I just read?

More for thought: Masturbation is ebil, so should we permit ebil babies to live?

Literally my first thought, even before opening the thread.

Well, it's more interesting than moving their feet and peeing, I guess.

How come nobody has heard of an epidemic of blind, hairy-palmed newborns?

Of course, he also opposes pre- and post-natal care, well-baby care, Headstart, school lunches, afterschool programs, etc. Better have fun in the womb while you can, kid. Once you're born, the party is over.

So where does all the precious sperm go when these thrap happy babies are done?

Watch a sonogram of a 15-week baby, and they have movements that are purposeful.

Oh, yes, so purposeful. Because my newborn purposefully tried to scratch his own eyes out on a daily basis for about two months. Definitely purposeful. Go back to school and learn something about child development, assbag.

So where does all the precious sperm go when these thrap happy babies are done?

Isn't anyone worried that the baybeez will drown from all that jism?

*sigh* Fetal masturbation has been documented. But that fetus was like 32 weeks along or something. And female.

What the hell did I just read?

Complete bullshit. It's been established that nothing a fetus does before the 3rd trimester is "purposeful". But let's compare this argument to the scientific argument against fetal pain at 15 weeks.

"15 week male fetuses' hands grab their penises in utero. They must be masturbating, therefore they must be able to feel pain." There is a logic fail here. We know that newborn babies involuntarily grab objects, that this is known as the palmar reflex, and that it happens before birth as well as after. The most likely cause of penis-grabbing at 15 weeks is therefore an involuntary reflex, and not masturbation.

vs.

"Certain connections in the human brain have been proven to be required for pain to be experienced. It's been proven that fetuses don't develop these connections until at least 24 weeks. 15 weeks is earlier than 24 weeks, therefore a 15 week fetus cannot feel pain." The premises are correct, and the conclusion is logical.

Which of these two arguments should a law be based on?

Archived