IGNORED

The Pearls On Gun Safety.

debrand

Training Fleshy Flesh

By Michael Pearl

... not to touch guns by placing an unloaded and broken gun in the living room where the children could reach it.We carefully watched them. If they touched it, we spanked their hand with a little switch. One to three switchings was sufficient to prevent the little crawlers and toddlers from ever touching a gun.

Note this training was directed toward 'crawlers' and toddlers. Because I couldn't remember when children crawled, I had to look up the age and came up with between 7 and ten months

Often the circumstances that naturally arise are so varied and sporadic that the training is more difficult to communicate. If a child occasionally tears the pages out of a book left within his reach, it may be difficult to communicate your desire due to his failure to remember the previous rebuke. It may be confusing to him when he is suddenly disciplined for tearing the pages out of your favorite Bible. But if you place books on the table where he can access them at any time, and you then stand watch closely and prevent him from tearing the pages, the continual reinforcement over one or two days will train him not to tear pages

Or you could put things out of the child's reach...or you could watch them...or you could redirect....or you could provide them with sturdy books made for toddlers

/nogreaterjoy.org/articles/training-fleshy-flesh/

THis is what happens when you don't train your child

When they become teenagers they finally find someone who understands them. The rock musicians rapping our cynicism, rebellion, and hate express their feelings. Friends who gather in the dark and indulge the flesh become their family. Parents are square, out of touch. It’s reaping day, parent. And he went from such a nice little boy who was “hyper active†to human trash in just ten years. It happened on your watch. Proper training behind a smile would have prevented this.

The rod is the answer :oops:

The rod plays its part in removing the guilt. Parents are running a mini divine kingdom, sanctifying their children. I get many letters from parents telling of how their miserable, whiney, stubborn child suddenly became happy and began to enjoy everything with a smile after just three days of force obedience and discipline.

Because I don't want to start a new thread, I decided to include this article on how the Pearl children said that their father taught them

/nogreaterjoy.org/articles/influencing-free-choice/

The Pearls are sick

Youngest Pearl DaughterShoshanna (Pearl) Easling’s answer

The things I remember about Dad’s training was that he was not a permissive, love and forgiveness, type of dad. He taught us Bible stories straight, not “how does it apply to your life†stuff. He would read to us through the Bible, and when we got to a story like the one about God sending the bears to eat the kids who mocked the prophet of God, saying, “Go up thou bald head,†he didn’t soften it. Quite to the contrary, he let us see that God was not tolerant of bully kids making fun of people, especially his servants. We knew it was God who sent the bears out to kill the child bullies.

The Philosopher Pearl Son

Nathan Pearl’s answer

A good friend of mine once asked me why I was making my 2-year-old finish her last green bean, and I replied, “So she will not smoke pot when she grows up.†He looked at me dumbfounded and asked, “What could green beans and marijuana have to do with each other?†The answer is, of course, quite obvious. When you learn to train and discipline the flesh at two years old, it doesn’t seem so outrageous for a young man or woman not to walk in the flesh at twenty. Now, that is the obvious stuff, because training our children to control the flesh is a very important part of discharging our responsibility as fathers.

Oldest Pearl Son

Gabriel Pearl’s answer

The third thing is keeping authority in balance. It is important for a dad to take authority and responsibility of the family. It is equally important that the wife respect his authority and be thankful for his bearing the responsibility. God set up the chain of command, and any other way is not God’s way, and the children will not prosper.

Sweetest Pearl Kid!

(middle daughter)

Shalom (Pearl) Brand’s answer

Dad was always teaching life as well as the Bible. When we drove down the street and saw a street woman, he would tell us that she sold her body to men, and that she had diseases that made her smell nasty.

The Pearls dont understand child development. Just because you cant trust your two year old not to touch the hot stove, or a gun, or run with scissors, doesnt mean that you have to beat it from them now so they arent doing it age 20. Even if you lock up the knives, poison and guns, and put gates up so the kitchen and stairs are inaccessible to a toddler, doesnt mean theyre never going to learn, theyre just going to learn when they are a bit older and youre able to say "No, you arent allowed to touch it because it will hurt you".

I wonder what issues the Pearl kids have behind the scenes. Remember the dreams one of them kept talking about, with horrible situations that always ended up with her as powerless against something big and evil? And the one who is raising her kids in absolutely awful conditions, because her husband is a lazy asshole who wont work.

He taught the kids about prostitution from an early age?? Thats insane. Kids dont need to know that.

And God made a bear kill a child because the kid mocked God? The Bible seems more and more messed up with every quote.

Sweetest Pearl Kid!

(middle daughter)

Shalom (Pearl) Brand’s answer

Dad was always teaching life as well as the Bible. When we drove down the street and saw a street woman, he would tell us that she sold her body to men, and that she had diseases that made her smell nasty.

I wonder what issues the Pearl kids have behind the scenes. Remember the dreams one of them kept talking about, with horrible situations that always ended up with her as powerless against something big and evil? And the one who is raising her kids in absolutely awful conditions, because her husband is a lazy asshole who wont work.

It was Rebekah who had the weird dreams and stayed with a lazy asshole of a husband.

Like you, I wonder what the family doesn't report to the public.

Have long suspected that there is an extremely ugly & sick underside to the Pearls. The obsessions with sex and violence are a sign of the sickness whether they're talking about babies & children or adolescents & adults.

And yes, Rebekah Pearl Anast's "marriage" is a great example of what the Pearls' philosophy has wrought.

That is so hideous. He's teaching those children to have utter contempt towards a woman in pain because she's a slut and an addict and worth nothing more in his eyes.

I'm really struggling cause I want to relate a story here but I can't cause it's tinternet and the person involved wouldn't like me to. Suffice it to say I owe an evil, Satanic, slutty addict (in Mr Pearl's eyes) a great debt for helping me out when I was in a very bad place.

There wasn't anyone to help me who was Christian and had a beauuutiful courtship and had never ever so much as looked at an evil wrongdoer or read anything racier than an Elsie book, and would certainly never dream of wearing trousers. Those people crossed the road to avoid people like me and like her. Is it really the case that keeping yourself unspotted from the world is true Christianity?

That is so hideous. He's teaching those children to have utter contempt towards a woman in pain because she's a slut and an addict and worth nothing more in his eyes.

I'm really struggling cause I want to relate a story here but I can't cause it's tinternet and the person involved wouldn't like me to. Suffice it to say I owe an evil, Satanic, slutty addict (in Mr Pearl's eyes) a great debt for helping me out when I was in a very bad place.

There wasn't anyone to help me who was Christian and had a beauuutiful courtship and had never ever so much as looked at an evil wrongdoer or read anything racier than an Elsie book, and would certainly never dream of wearing trousers. Those people crossed the road to avoid people like me and like her. Is it really the case that keeping yourself unspotted from the world is true Christianity?

QFT. Someone who has been down and managed to pull themselves up is much more likely in my experience to hold out a hand to others than the supposed "christians" who are happy to tsk, tsk and use the experience of the person who is down to teach others what they did wrong in their life. Even if the reason the person is down isn't for the reason that these so called christians think.

Signed-

A person who has been the poster child for christians to point at as a bad example who had a helping hand in turning their life around.

Oh hell. The Pearls are freaking idiots. We already knew this- but this gun thing... just NO!! I am a gun owner and user (married to a law enforcement officer who wouldn't have it any other way), and ALL guns should be unloaded, and locked in a gun safe. I am just in shock. If this is the respect they show for guns around their infants and toddlers, I am surprised they haven't had a dead child yet.

Are the Pearls anti-choice? If so, they're part of the hypocritical pro-life pro-gun crowd. And if 1 of the 10 Commandements is to not kill, then how do they explain soldiers during wartime and police? * sorry if I'm a bit off-topic :embarrassed: * I'm not anti-gun, I'm just amazed at the amount of fundies who're pro-life and pro-gun. It just doesn't make any Goddamned sense! :pull-hair:

Oh hell. The Pearls are freaking idiots. We already knew this- but this gun thing... just NO!! I am a gun owner and user (married to a law enforcement officer who wouldn't have it any other way), and ALL guns should be unloaded, and locked in a gun safe. I am just in shock. If this is the respect they show for guns around their infants and toddlers, I am surprised they haven't had a dead child yet.

They are responsible for the deaths of three children just indirectly.

With the beatings, lack of gun safety and the innapropriate talks on prostitution, I wouldnt be suprised if the Pearls didnt have extra children who they dont talk about because they met unfortunate ends, or are in jail for being a serial killer, or went completely insane. How are all of their children alive?

Are the Pearls anti-choice? If so, they're part of the hypocritical pro-life pro-gun crowd. And if 1 of the 10 commandements is to not kill, then how do they explain soldiers during wartime and police? * sorry if I'm a bit off-topic :embarrassed: * I'm not anti-gun, I'm just amazed at the amount of fundies who're pro-life and pro-gun. It just doesn't make any Goddamned sense! :pull-hair:

As someone who was formerly pro-life (and I still generally am, for MYSELF, but do not judge others for their own personal choices), in that circle there is a big difference between protecting yourself (and in that situation, needing to kill someone, which I'd do in a split second and without hesitation) and having an abortion. They see one as an innocent life and another as saving lives (their own, their families, etc).

They are responsible for the deaths of three children just indirectly.

With the beatings, lack of gun safety and the innapropriate talks on prostitution, I wouldnt be suprised if the Pearls didnt have extra children who they dont talk about because they met unfortunate ends, or are in jail for being a serial killer, or went completely insane. How are all of their children alive?

I am wondering the same thing. I am also wondering how any sane parent could read their articles or books and think "this is a good idea." About 8 years ago, in a fundie-lite "courtship" stage of my life, I was a nanny for a family. The parents were both veterinarians, very educated and very religious. They had the book "To Train Up a Child" on their bookshelf, so I read it. I was so, so horrified as a 18/19 year old nursing student that anyone could think what they were advocating was okay. The thing that stuck out in my mind the most (similar to what they're doing here in the gun situation) was pushing children into their pond when they got close to teach them "water safety," and so they wouldn't want to go near it again.

:shock: If there is anyone, ever, who deserves to be in jail for child abuse- direct and indirect, it is those two disgusting people.

I remember my mother being really pissed off at my grandmother (her mother-in-law) because she refused to move her table knick knacks out of reach when my little brother was a toddler. She'd smack his hands if he touched them. She wasn't a fundie, she was just an asshole control freak, which is pretty much what I think fundies of this particular stripe are too.

I am surrounded by people who love their guns so I found it was much easier to teach my kids a few basic rules to assure their safety rather than beat the snot out of them. Believe it's real, believe it's loaded, believe it will fire. That way they are trained (without beating them!) in the proper way to react to a gun if they or their friends pick one up.

And the whole We are better than the unwashed masses is old and tired as well as not true. I'll take my life which includes awful times to their white-washed everything is hunky dorey because we follow what someone thousands of years ago said any day. Has my life always been fun and perfect? Hell no. Have I made stupid choices? Yep. Would I change anything? Nope! I can at least look back on my life & say wow that part sucked rather then having to go with the I suffered because god wanted me to

As someone who was formerly pro-life (and I still generally am, for MYSELF, but do not judge others for their own personal choices), in that circle there is a big difference between protecting yourself (and in that situation, needing to kill someone, which I'd do in a split second and without hesitation) and having an abortion. They see one as an innocent life and another as saving lives (their own, their families, etc).

You're pro-choice, because you're not allowing your opinions to affect other women. :D Pro-choice shouldn't have this dread of fear behind it. It's not about forcing women to abort, forcing women to give birth, or being shameful of your decisions to make for yourself, whether it's to continue the pregnancy or not. The choice you make about yourself isn't affecting women, so it's pro-choice, and allowing other women to make choices about their bodies. (Is it affect/effect? I always get those confused.) And I hate it when the pro-gun/pro-life crowd try to explain that cars kill people. Of course they do, but they weren't designed to. They were designed to be a mode of transportation.

Guns were designed as weapons, not as modes of transportations.

I remember my mother being really pissed off at my grandmother (her mother-in-law) because she refused to move her table knick knacks out of reach when my little brother was a toddler. She'd smack his hands if he touched them. She wasn't a fundie, she was just an asshole control freak, which is pretty much what I think fundies of this particular stripe are too.

Ugggg sort of on the same subject my MIL is TERRIBLE with this. She doesn't abuse my child, just doesn't care that there are hundreds of breakables at eye level with my son (18 months) every time we go over. This is the same woman who let my FOUR month old "cry it out" the first (and only) time she ever babysat, because we were beginning to sleep train (and we were not using cry it out methods) and she thought it was okay.

FIL tried to tell her to move the many (expensive) breakables from the kitchen island cart, and she refused. I am tempted to let DS break something very important, if only I knew he wouldn't injure himself in the process.

I am surrounded by people who love their guns so I found it was much easier to teach my kids a few basic rules to assure their safety rather than beat the snot out of them. Believe it's real, believe it's loaded, believe it will fire. That way they are trained (without beating them!) in the proper way to react to a gun if they or their friends pick one up.

This is what EVERYONE should do with their children! This is proper training. Even if you are not planning on owning a gun, gun safety courses for the ENTIRE family (even your 8 year old, if you have one!) is a very positive thing.

I would like to point out that the average starting age for a prostitute is 13. They dont leave because they fear for their lives. Many are killed when they become rebellious. The do use drugs because it dulls the pain they feel inside.

But, we all know that the Pearls dont have compassion for others. They hate people instead.

Ugggg sort of on the same subject my MIL is TERRIBLE with this. She doesn't abuse my child, just doesn't care that there are hundreds of breakables at eye level with my son (18 months) every time we go over. This is the same woman who let my FOUR month old "cry it out" the first (and only) time she ever babysat, because we were beginning to sleep train (and we were not using cry it out methods) and she thought it was okay.

FIL tried to tell her to move the many (expensive) breakables from the kitchen island cart, and she refused. I am tempted to let DS break something very important, if only I knew he wouldn't injure himself in the process.

Ugh, indeed. I feel you. Tell her you don't feel comfortable putting her important treasures at risk during these toddler years, so she's welcome to come over to your house instead. :) (Though, perhaps not to babysit!)

Ugh, indeed. I feel you. Tell her you don't feel comfortable putting her important treasures at risk during these toddler years, so she's welcome to come over to your house instead. :) (Though, perhaps not to babysit!)

We did that for a few months, but DH's grandmother had a fall and had to move in with them. They can no longer come over, sadly, because I hate (HATE!) going over there. It was a really good way of doing things! So, it's either go over there or don't let my son see his grandparents/aunts and uncles. But as soon as it can be different... it will! Thanks for the suggestion :)

Affect is a verb

Effect is a noun

Back to your regularly scheduled snarling...

Actually, while effect is MOSTLY used as a noun, it can also be a verb:

"to produce as an effect; bring about; accomplish; make happen" (from dictionary.com)

This use is trendy/popular in the workplace, as in, "We need to effect change..." (gag - heard this a few too many times)

affect as a verb

"-to act on; produce an effect or change in

-to impress the mind or move the feelings of

(of pain, disease, etc.) to attack or lay hold of"

And to make it even more confusing:

affect as a noun

"-a feeling or emotion.

-an expressed or observed emotional response"

These uses, however ARE limited to psychology/psychiatry, and not everyday use.

Bottom line: What SpeakNow said is correct most of the time, in ordinary life. :) :) :)

Archived