IGNORED

Botkin Book Review

debrand

I found a review of the Botkin's book, Its Not That Complicated. This is a book that I want to read but I don't want to give this family any money

growingtogetherinjesuschrist.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=27

Warning: The font on this site might be difficult for some people to read. It hurts my eyes.

Apparently, the book contains quotes from young men to encourage women. I don't know understand why young men have any business in telling me how to act but a lot of fundies seem to think that men should be able to weigh in on women's issues but women should NEVER tell a man how to be a man.

Young fundie men must be the most arrogant, self centered pricks on the planet. I would never tell a guy to use my tastes as the bases for how to act with all women. Men are different from one another an have different tastes.

Chas says...

"Sarcasm in a woman is particularly unattractive, even to sarcastic men. The idea of spending the rest of my life in a house with a sarcastic woman is enough to drive me to take vows of lifelong celibacy. Proverbs talks about that, actually."

I have found that the opposite is true. Lots of guys like a woman with a sense of humor

Roberts says...

"Wolves go for the sheep farthest from the shepherd.

One simple way to filter out men is being around your father. Wolves will avoid the shepherd as much as they possibly can, and go for easier sheep, while the good, honourable young men will be trying to spend time with the older men and fathers in their community to get their wisdom, insight, and guidance. Young men who would rather hang with the girls than with the men are predators, even though they may seem far from predatory (and often may not be so consciously). but a dog that just "really likes his sheep buddies! He can't help when he gets hungry and eats one of them...." is a wolf."

WTF? This comment only makes sense if the slightest though of premarital sex occurring is the worst sin that one can image. Lots of teenage boys would rather hang out with other teen their own age than older men. There is nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean that the young man is even attracted to the women he befriends. Maybe he just, I don't know, wants to be friends? Even if premarital sex does happen it does not equate to being brutally killed and eaten. :shock: How do these people explain rape?

The blog writer includes her own thoughts on the subject

Recently, I have committed to staying close-by my father and brother when around young men, whether out in public or in church. I have found that the young men who respect me are the ones who are interested in interacting with the men in my church, not the girls.

I can't imagine being this terrified of the world and men.

Here is a question from the Botkins

Will we treat the young men as brothers with all purity, or as sports fish to bait and kill?

What the heck is with this melodramatic view of death and sex? They might not even be discussing sex but flirting in general.

By the way, I have no idea how old this young woman is but I am snarking on the Botkins not the writer.

Debrand, u r in luck! I received a copy (gratis!) and will gladly ship it to you, no return needed. PM me a delivery address!!!

Debrand, you give awsome break downs of the duggar show and blog posts in general, will we be blessed by one for this book :worship:

Debrand, u r in luck! I received a copy (gratis!) and will gladly ship it to you, no return needed. PM me a delivery address!!!

Yes, please and I will try to write my reviews of each chapter.

For a moment I thought they were going to review the Handmaid's Tale. On second thought, I would like them to 'review' Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean. It's so... scandalous!!

Recently, I have committed to staying close-by my father and brother when around young men, whether out in public or in church. I have found that the young men who respect me are the ones who are interested in interacting with the men in my church, not the girls.

or they are gay. or sucking up.

Archived