IGNORED

Buy Your T-shirt From No Greater Joy

debrand

nogreaterjoy.org/shop/shindig-tshirts?utm_source=nogreaterjoy.org&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=slides-home-position-1

e "I Dig the Shindig" t-shirts are here! Men's/Adult, Women's Cut, and Youth sizes available. Click the "Options" tab to select a style and size, then click Add to Cart.

$12.95

1. Who wants to crash the Shindig?

2. Based on the size guide, no one who wears larger than size XL (which, in the women's cut, is probably closer to an L) can buy a shirt to fit. I guess it's no fatties allowed there.*

3. The Harding family (the College by 12 people) are going. Sigh. I hoped they weren't into stuff like this, but apparently I was wrong.

*Disclaimer: I'm fat. So if I wanted to go and wanted a shirt, tough! No offense whatsoever is meant to people who are overweight. Regardless of what the Pearls and their ilk probably think, we're as good as anyone else.

Just wanted to say that "Shindig" may be a known TV Show from the 60s or some houe party in english-speaking regions, but in german there´s the word "schinden" which means to torture some one through very hard work and abuse and where I come from "schindig" is a dialect word for some very much chipped(?) and worn down item or a person in very bad state.

I think both descriptions are quite fitting for just anything that includes the Pearls...

At least we know that if you see someone wearing a shirt like that, dont trust them with your kids.

Just wanted to say that "Shindig" may be a known TV Show from the 60s or some houe party in english-speaking regions, but in german there´s the word "schinden" which means to torture some one through very hard work and abuse and where I come from "schindig" is a dialect word for some very much chipped(?) and worn down item or a person in very bad state.

I think both descriptions are quite fitting for just anything that includes the Pearls...

I love it!

Come to the Shindig if you are shindig enough to think the Pearls have good ideas.

1. Who wants to crash the Shindig?

2. Based on the size guide, no one who wears larger than size XL (which, in the women's cut, is probably closer to an L) can buy a shirt to fit. I guess it's no fatties allowed there.*

3. The Harding family (the College by 12 people) are going. Sigh. I hoped they weren't into stuff like this, but apparently I was wrong.

*Disclaimer: I'm fat. So if I wanted to go and wanted a shirt, tough! No offense whatsoever is meant to people who are overweight. Regardless of what the Pearls and their ilk probably think, we're as good as anyone else.

Re: point #2, I agree that the Pearls/Gothardites, etc have problems with body expectations among their followers (among their many, many problems), but they're also excluding a major segment of their followers by not offering larger sizes. Who, oh who, will speak for the preggos? Entering my third trimester now, what if I wanted a lovely Shindig shirt, tough luck for me, too.

I know exactly where the Pearls live, and I'm very tempted to crash their shindig. I would love to get in Mike & Debi's faces and tell them what I think of them and their ministry.

I know exactly where the Pearls live, and I'm very tempted to crash their shindig. I would love to get in Mike & Debi's faces and tell them what I think of them and their ministry.

Don't. The man throws hatchets and knives for fun.

Yeah I know. The fear of being killed or put in jail overrides the temptation.

As an aside, I first heard about No Greater Joy ministries when Everything Is Terrible (a blog that posts weird mash-ups of old videos) posted an amusingly edited video of one of Mike and Debi Pearl's spanking lectures. The Pearls flipped out and complained to youtube, which deleted EIT's account (and all of their 100s of videos). Fortunately, the NGJ video has been rescued and posted by others.

For anyone who hasn't seen it: youtube.com/watch?v=IxYLo_qMzeY

(actual video starts at 1:17)

If I wasn't so old with sagging boobs, I'd buy one. A very very small size. Then shindig it up by cutting out the nipples and posting a pic on Tumblr.

As an aside, I first heard about No Greater Joy ministries when Everything Is Terrible (a blog that posts weird mash-ups of old videos) posted an amusingly edited video of one of Mike and Debi Pearl's spanking lectures. The Pearls flipped out and complained to youtube, which deleted EIT's account (and all of their 100s of videos). Fortunately, the NGJ video has been rescued and posted by others.

For anyone who hasn't seen it: youtube.com/watch?v=IxYLo_qMzeY

(actual video starts at 1:17)

That was profoundly disturbing! What was even more disturbing were the commenters saying that as it was cut and pasted it wasn't valid. The guy is beating a child doll with a stick, hard, pulling him up by the hair and hitting him more! His prescription for a violent husband is to have the wife have sex with him (make love to him till the violence is gone). Even if it is cut and pasted anyone who does any of these things is sick and twisted!

That was profoundly disturbing! What was even more disturbing were the commenters saying that as it was cut and pasted it wasn't valid. The guy is beating a child doll with a stick, hard, pulling him up by the hair and hitting him more! His prescription for a violent husband is to have the wife have sex with him (make love to him till the violence is gone). Even if it is cut and pasted anyone who does any of these things is sick and twisted!

I don't even want to think about what is going on in that house

Did Mike seriously just say for a woman to fuck her husband if he doesn't man up and beat his kid? :o Oh, and guess what, I used this little program called Free YouTube Downloader and downloaded that video. DCMA that, Mike, you evil, sadistic monster! :evil:

I don't even want to think about what is going on in that house

Debi Pearl is very into giving your husband unconditional support and sex on demand as the remedy for everything. I can't find the quote right now, they may have removed it, but she has said that the husband has the right to demand the wife use NFP, which is very unusual in their circles, and also that a wife should perform whatever sex act he desires within marriage, cause if he is saved he won't demand anything that's "perverted", which is even more unusual.

Archived