IGNORED

We now have the first Child shot by armed school gaurd.

doggie

well that did not take long. If you are running around with the gun ready to fire in a school you have some serious issues.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/14/a ... ra-school/

A man who police said had a second job as an “armed security officer†was being investigated after he accidentally shot a student Rangeview High School in Aurora, Colorado on Monday.

According to KMGH-TV, a school employee who also has a second job as a security officer had offered a student a ride home at the end of the day. The gun discharged, hitting the student in the leg, when the school employee tried to secure his weapon in the glove box of the car.

The man took the student to a nearby hospital, where he was rushed into surgery with a “significant injury,†police said. The injuries were not expected to be fatal.

It was not immediately clear what type of work the man did for the school, but police said that he was not a teacher.

And THAT'S why most sane people think guards with guns in school are so unneccesary, dangerous, and may result in ...accidental shootings.

Hope the student is OK. I suppose the gun lobbyists will say that if he'd had a gun too, he could have protected himself?????

It's a liberal conspiracy! They're gonna use this event to take our guns away! It's ok for us to be pro-life and pro-gun; though. The unborn count more than the already born.

The unborn count more than the already born.

Well this is true and this is why we need more stem cells. :lol:

It's a liberal conspiracy! They're gonna use this event to take our guns away! It's ok for us to be pro-life and pro-gun; though. The unborn count more than the already born.

I figured this one out the other day. original sin must attach itself to you at the moment of birth, that's how they justify it.

Obviously if the kid's leg had been allowed to carry a gun, this wouldn't have happened.

Add me to the list of those completely unsurprised. People make mistakes and guns accidentally discharge. Allowing guns to become commonplace in crowded places and letting any idiot off the street buy a gun are two ways to guarantee that more people will be shot.

well that did not take long. If you are running around with the gun ready to fire in a school you have some serious issues.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/14/a ... ra-school/

A man who police said had a second job as an “armed security officer†was being investigated after he accidentally shot a student Rangeview High School in Aurora, Colorado on Monday.

According to KMGH-TV, a school employee who also has a second job as a security officer had offered a student a ride home at the end of the day. The gun discharged, hitting the student in the leg, when the school employee tried to secure his weapon in the glove box of the car.

The man took the student to a nearby hospital, where he was rushed into surgery with a “significant injury,†police said. The injuries were not expected to be fatal.

It was not immediately clear what type of work the man did for the school, but police said that he was not a teacher.

Aside from the whole gun thing, this leaped out at me. My husband is a teacher. He's a wonderful, caring, decent man, who would do anything for anyone, but there is no way in hell or out that he would offer a student, male or female, a ride home from school. No. Way.

Also unsurprised that this happened.

Also unsurprised that it happened in Colorado. Place has a weird gun vibe.

Aside from the whole gun thing, this leaped out at me. My husband is a teacher. He's a wonderful, caring, decent man, who would do anything for anyone, but there is no way in hell or out that he would offer a student, male or female, a ride home from school. No. Way.

Me too! A lot of :wtf: happening there

Colorado seems to be a weird mix of very conservative cowboy types and liberal hippie types

Just to clarify, this guy was not an armed guard for the school. He was an armed guard in a second job outside the school.

He is still an idiot and a tool for both offering a ride and having an unsecured gun.

Just to clarify, this guy was not an armed guard for the school. He was an armed guard in a second job outside the school.

He is still an idiot and a tool for both offering a ride and having an unsecured gun.

right he was a armed school employee.

right he was a armed school employee.

I don't think this guy was supposed to be armed, period, in the school. Why does the article mention he had a second job as an armed guard?

If only that kid had been armed, he could have protected himself. Clearly the only answer is MOAR GUNS!

/wingnut

Said it before, saying it again. As an Aussie I do not understand the US gun culture. At all.

Me too! A lot of :wtf: happening there

Colorado seems to be a weird mix of very conservative cowboy types and liberal hippie types

I also found this very suspicious also. You never give students rides home. Hell, you never even close the door if a student is in the room alone with you. That was very clear in my education classes. He may not be a teacher, but he still should know not to do that.

I also found this very suspicious also. You never give students rides home. Hell, you never even close the door if a student is in the room alone with you. That was very clear in my education classes. He may not be a teacher, but he still should know not to do that.

One of my students, who has a non-verbal Autism and heightened anxiety, sometimes has a very hard time with the bus ride home, and we don't know what causes this stress. His only way to let us know is by screaming - for a 45 minute ride. If I'm able to see him becoming elevated towards the end of the day, I phone his mom and ask if I can drive him home. I sit him in the back seat of my car, I put on his playlist that Mom made for me on my iPod (never on shuffle, as that can bother him!), and I drive him straight home. He seems to appreciate it, and Mom says he probably enjoys riding home with me. I live about 5 blocks from his house. I've done it about 5 times this school year. My principal supports me in this decision. Other than that, no, I'm not driving a student home.

And no guns in the glove compartment. I think I will quit the profession if armed guards show up at my school. Very thankful to live in Canada!

Edited because I know to add my piece at the end, not the middle of what I'm quoting.

Said it before, saying it again. As an Aussie I do not understand the US gun culture. At all.

+1

Archived