IGNORED

Can it get any worse???? (a la Courtney Stodden)

emeraldskull

they found each other because of a class online she took with him teaching I thought.

She took his online class, but apparently a mutual friend got them in touch with each other after the class. At least, that's what they said in THIS interview... And they started emailing after that, then talking on the phone, etc...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that she's acting crazy and druggy, but I really wish the focus would come off of Courtney and onto her predator husband. She is the victim here, and she's too young to consent to what she is doing (no matter what the law says). He should know better, her parents should know better. What she needs is serious help to get out of that situation, but it seems like everyone around her is making her believe it's OK. It breaks my heart.

She's now said in a few interviews that she is an "inspiring actress" I think she means "aspiring" and it's driving me nuts.

She's now said in a few interviews that she is an "inspiring actress" I think she means "aspiring" and it's driving me nuts.

That cracks me up every time I hear it.

The rest just skeeves me out. *shudders*

I know that she's acting crazy and druggy, but I really wish the focus would come off of Courtney and onto her predator husband. She is the victim here, and she's too young to consent to what she is doing (no matter what the law says). He should know better, her parents should know better. What she needs is serious help to get out of that situation, but it seems like everyone around her is making her believe it's OK. It breaks my heart.

If it makes you feel any better, I still don't think there's any way she's only 16

Guest Anonymous
I maintain that Courtney is the greatest troll ever to troll.

I truly hope that you're right. I hate to even think of a 16 year old in that situation - tarted up, coked out, and sold off.

Can't believe that this thought crossed my mind but I think I would rather be a raised a fundie than be raised like Courtney Stodden. Poor child; never had a chance. Now she seems as if she is a characterature instead of a real person and it seems as if it might be too late for her at the tender age of 16. I shudder to think how she got to be that way!

I too think at least part of this is for publicity and famewhoring. I heard they are shopping a reality show. No one would know either of their names if it weren't for this sham of a marriage. As they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity.... but for God sakes, this is coming squickingly close.

I can't help but feel like DOUG is also victim here, and that Courtney is more of a victim of her mother than Doug.

Courtney and her horrific stage mother want Courtney to be famous. Doesn't matter for what, or how she gets there. They want her to be a STAR. It wouldn't be shocked if Courtney did this online class, found out that Doug was an actor with links to 'the biz' and she and/or her mum thought it would be a good idea for Courtney to 'befriend' him, in the hopes Doug could help her with her career.

That might sound far-fetched, but I have known stage mothers who would literally do anything (or anyone) to get their daughters into acting/modelling/singing/whatever. The sad thing is that with children, word gets around that they have a stage parent and directors/producers etc will not hire that child no matter how gifted they are because the kid and the parent are a package deal. Courtney's mother is a Grade A psycho stage mother.

Some of the reasons I believe this are:

- Courtney says in the interview (and in others) that she was in need of a manager when she happened to meet Doug.

- Courtney's mother signed off on the marriage.

- It seems like it wasn't Doug who initiated contact (although I've heard different versions of how they've met, Doug was never the one to contact her first in them).

- Courtney's mother encourages her to dress like a slut and wear tonnes of makeup. She proudly states that Courtney looks like she's in her late twenties. Most mothers would be horrified by that, but she clearly feels that this is a good thing.

- Courtney's mother encourages the hype about the marriage by pushing a reality series and organising interviews - she clearly sees her daughter's marriage as a ticket to fame and fortune, exploiting it and her daughter for maximum gain.

- If Courtney is on drugs, her mother undoubtedly knows about it and permits her to appear on camera when high.

- Hell, she probably supplies her. I could see her pushing valium or Xanax on her to 'take off the edge'.

When I was her age, I was in a relationship with a much older guy. He wasn't near Doug's age, but it was enough that most people would think it was weird and wonder what a man his age could have seen in a girl my age. However, we had a lot of common interests. We never had sex, despite the fact I wasn't a virgin, I was more than willing to and I was of the age of consent. I never felt like he took advantage of me at all, and in fact I definitely did most of the pursuing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't automatically assume a girl is a victim just because of a large age difference. They didn't break any laws, no matter whether it was because he was a public figure and he might have been arrested, or because he genuinely felt waiting would be the right thing to do because he respected the law and he respected Courtney. There was no rape.

That's not to say she isn't a victim, because she is; she's a victim of ambition. Maybe it's genuinely hers, or maybe it's her mother's, but either way there is a lot that isn't right in this girl's life, and I feel like her husband is the least of those issues. Perhaps Doug can actually save her from her mother; once Courtney reaches 18 he might be able to take her away from her influence and she might become a healthier, happier person. He at least seems to listen to her and care about her (from what I've seen/read), which is more than can be said for her mother.

I was thinking about this while taking a shower (what is my life?) and I got an idea!

Maybe it is just all a publicity stunt idea. He (a not-that-famous actor even though he's been in good stuff) will get famous for this "scandal" and so will Courtney, an "inspiring" actress. People are talking about them much more than they ever would otherwise.

He doesn't really ping my gaydar, but if he did, that would just be another part of the stunt--the marriage would be a total publicity sham.

I was thinking about this while taking a shower (what is my life?) and I got an idea!

Maybe it is just all a publicity stunt idea. He (a not-that-famous actor even though he's been in good stuff) will get famous for this "scandal" and so will Courtney, an "inspiring" actress. People are talking about them much more than they ever would otherwise.

He doesn't really ping my gaydar, but if he did, that would just be another part of the stunt--the marriage would be a total publicity sham.

Of course it is, regardless of his orientation. Really, if they were just attracted to each other, they could quietly date, and since neither of them were on the publicity radar before this, the public would never know.

Did you read the latest interview her mother gave?

She assured us her lovely precious Christian natural girl was on birth control.

Thanks, we really needed to know that, Mother-of-the-Child-Bride.

You know, I just woke up about an hour ago, so I haven't eaten breakfast yet... now I feel nauseous. ick. :(

I want to see an interview with the mother. Its hard to know, just from reading her interviews, what she is like.

She doesn't look like a 16 year old. She looks like a 32-year-old who's trying to look 22. And failing. And he looks like a mummified old queen.

AHH! This girl sounds annoyingly interesting.....but I have NO IDEA who she is! Could someone fill me in quickly? How does she fit into fundyism...or who are her relatives,etc? Sorry I'm sure this is a dumb question, I've just never seen her name dropped on this forum before.

Basically, Courtney is a 16-year-old wannabe actor/singer/model who got sort-of famous for marrying an actor called Doug Hutchinson (who is known for his work on Lost and on The X Files amongst other things) who is in his fifties. Her background is basically fundie-lite. She looks like she's in her late twenties (by her own mother's admission), and dresses like a slut but talks a lot about being a Christian and how she was a virgin on her wedding night. As far as I know she has no relationship with actual fundies.

Archived