IGNORED

Browback quietly signs major anti abortion bill

salex

Makes my eyes bleed, sometimes, to see the nice, normal state swirling down the toilet.

Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback signed sweeping anti-abortion legislation Friday, giving his state a new law to block tax breaks for abortion providers, ban sex-selection abortions and declare that life begins "at fertilization."

The bill also prohibits abortion providers from being involved in public school sex education classes and spells out in more detail what information doctors must provide to patients seeking abortions.

The bill also would require physicians to give women information that addresses breast cancer as a potential risk of abortion. Advocates on both sides acknowledge there's medical evidence that carrying a fetus to term can lower a woman's risk for breast cancer, but doctors convened by the National Cancer Institute a decade ago concluded that abortion does not raise the risk for developing the disease.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/19/41 ... rylink=cpy

Recently a Kansan wrote an obituary for the once progressive state of Kansas. It was brilliant. I'll have to see if I can find a link.

I'm afraid KS is one of many that will do this. I hope the Supreme Court strikes them all down.

Who's got links to online petitions/letter campaigns we can participate in to fight this? I'll jump right on it. So tired of this bullshit. I hope these folks understand that WE WON'T GIVE UP OR BACK DOWN ::sings Tom Petty::

Archived