IGNORED

Have the Crawfords been referred to CPS?

Invernessity

Just out of curiosity, I googled the title of this thread. The thread title and the first few lines of the original post showed up first in the search results. When I clicked on the link without being logged in to FJ, it took me to the login screen but didn't show me any more of the post. Do we want Snark to be searchable on Google, and is there a way to block it if we don't?

I don't think Snark should be googleable, but maybe I'm the only one who holds that opinion...

Btw. our traitor has been browsing our forum since 2011.

anne says:

June 13, 2011 at 2:15 pm

you arBe so correct, these hateful, bitter women are from that free jinger site and they live for spewing hate against Kelly and other women who simply teach Bible truths

Wow. Lack of self-awareness much, Kelly? This woman is a sociopath. So, who is the tattletale in our midst?

As an aside, I had to address something she wrote in her latest post.

"But we continued to struggle. That is, we struggled to pay our bills, but our needs were always met. We never went without food, or heat or air or lights (and really, those are the extras). I can’t count the number of times an anonymous gift card showed up in our mail box, or an envelope with some cash, and one year, a mysterious phone call, directing us to a location where we found Christmas presents, carefully selected and wrapped for us. We never discovered the giver."

It makes me crazy that people will "brag" about not relying on government assistance, but who will gladly put out their grubby hands to take whatever a good Samaritan offers to you. What is the difference???? People are still paying for your bills, toys, clothing, etc. Is it that you think that only "your kind" deserves help?

The Duggars did the same thing. Just makes me crazy!!!

THIS!!!

I'm so sick of quiverfull fuckwits like the Crawfords or the Jeubs constantly being enabled to keep up with their ridiculous lifestyle of breeding more children they can sufficiently care for without relying on handouts. Their enablers may be seen as Good Samaritans or the proof of "God will provide," but they are just supporting the stupidity and irresponsibility of these families.

It kills me that Kelly keeps popping out kids like a giant Pez dispenser but won't take on a job, a real job, not some trifling home business. She could get a part-time job at Wal-Mart, earn a steady paycheck, and possibly get a discount on clothing, food, toiletries and other necessities to take care of her brood. A mother working outside of the home is not a sin; it can actually help keep a family afloat. Plenty of people here will attest to that!

I don't think Snark should be googleable, but maybe I'm the only one who holds that opinion...

Btw. our traitor has been browsing our forum since 2011.

First, yes Snark is crawled by google. It has to be so that we can show up on google (obviously) and attract new members. It also needs to be crawled for our adsense account. In the past, Snark was viewable without being logged in, and it will be that way in the future once the Legal Issues[tm][/tm] are straightened out. Snark is not intended to be a private forum and you should not treat it as such. That's why we have Chatter.

Second, "traitor" seems like an awfully strong word. I doubt this person is a regular poster here who runs off to tattle. She's probably a lurker. And a hypocrite, since she needs to have an account to see Snark at the moment. But there are plenty of FJ members who sign up for email newsletters, or register on fundie sites, or keep bogus facebook accounts in order to keep an eye on the fundies. Turnabout and all that.

Aww we have our own little pet tattle tale. How cute. :leg-humper:

Maybe. Just maybe. If Kelly doesn't want people calling CPS on her for not feeding her children, she should (wait for it, this is a groundbreaking piece of advice...)

just feed them.

So we are hateful and bitter because we don't care for people having a bunch of kids just to say they have them, and then not properly caring for, feeding, or educating them?Also-who said we are all women?

And how bored do you have to be IRL to run back and forth between sites tattle-taling?

I think it's great if someone's tattling to Kelly about FJ's Generation Cedar discussions. Keep it up, hon, whoever you are - just be sure to tattle on us accurately!

Kelly actually came to FJ once posting as "Word Warrior" (http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/1341/A ... ter?page=3) and tried to smack down participants in a discussion about her child-rearing practices by acting all high & mighty:

I am the "Cult Mom" #51 [-]

Michelle\'s Buddy

Mar 12 10 6:09 PM

Let's see...if I were to decide what "snark" might contain some validity, I would see how accurate the assertions are. Yes, I misspelled a word. Gasp! I'm sure you've never done that, especially as a typo, which is often the case. My daughter also misspells words. I taught high school English for 2 years and with the exception of about 2 of my students, they came to me with atrocious spelling, incapable of writing a complete sentence, and many could not read. We homeschool; we're not perfect. Funny how you all left out the part that she is taking (and making exceptional grades) a college-level course under another teacher, studying subject matter that would stump most adults. Yeah, that would ruin the whole "Mom's trying to keep her undereducated" claim.

Tell me, what was meant by "Kelly was wearing pants in the video...wonder if her husband was responsible for her transformation?" What transformation are you referring to? By implication, I would assume you think I don't wear pants. I'm wearing pants right now. I even went out in public doing so!!!

What is the fun of snarking when the snarks are only partial truths, if truth at all? What is the point of shredding people (even young ones) in a public forum who you don't know? Making assumptions that you don't know?

It is a sad life that people come here and spend time insulting others based on "clues" they glean from a blog.

You have know idea what you talk about. My "poor" daughter is the happiest girl I know.

Someone mentioned "she's pursing photography if that means it's a hobby she does while she raises children"...not that that is a bad thing, but she is already a photographer for our wedding business--you know the kind where you make money?

On and on I could give examples of your half-founded assumptions. And yes, it's hard to read this kind of criticism when I haven't done anything to hurt others. It makes me sick in the pit of my stomach. I am a normal woman, with a happy family and a husband that thinks this is hilarious because you're all so off-base.

I also happen to have the spirit of Christ and because of that, I need to say it out loud, I forgive you, lest bitterness consumes me. I can't imagine the heartache that must go on inside someone to bring them to this place of recreation.

P.S. I hope I misspelled something in my quickly typed reply.

Needless to say, Mrs. Cedar got the smackdown instead and left, never to post again (AFAIK) although I wouldn't be surprised if she lurks here.

Hi Kelly! :nenner:

I think it's great if someone's tattling to Kelly about FJ's Generation Cedar discussions. Keep it up, hon, whoever you are - just be sure to tattle on us accurately!

Kelly actually came to FJ once posting as "Word Warrior" (http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/1341/A ... ter?page=3) and tried to smack down participants in a discussion about her child-rearing practices by acting all high & mighty:

Needless to say, Mrs. Cedar got the smackdown instead and left, never to post again (AFAIK) although I wouldn't be surprised if she lurks here.

Hi Kelly! :nenner:

Lol! Such a high level of snootiness Christ-like behavior, Kelly. Sociopath.

Good news, Kelly! You did indeed misspell several somethings!

As an aside, I had to address something she wrote in her latest post.

"But we continued to struggle. That is, we struggled to pay our bills, but our needs were always met. We never went without food, or heat or air or lights (and really, those are the extras). I can’t count the number of times an anonymous gift card showed up in our mail box, or an envelope with some cash, and one year, a mysterious phone call, directing us to a location where we found Christmas presents, carefully selected and wrapped for us. We never discovered the giver."

It makes me crazy that people will "brag" about not relying on government assistance, but who will gladly put out their grubby hands to take whatever a good Samaritan offers to you. What is the difference???? People are still paying for your bills, toys, clothing, etc. Is it that you think that only "your kind" deserves help?

The Duggars did the same thing. Just makes me crazy!!!

I'm trying to work out how you can go without air. Unless it's air conditioning, which I would agree is an extra in many parts of the US (particularly the ones where heat is not), but food and shelter from the elements are not.

And I agree, why brag about not going on government assistance but boast about charitable donations? I suppose the difference, in their eyes, is that the donations are made of free will and not the government "stealing" money from others, but in the end it's people looking out for the less fortunate in society; the government just co-ordinates it better than individuals (well, in theory *cough* benefit changes *cough*).

Oh, reading that old thread from Yuku was something of the saddest I have ever read. I meant this:

If the horses are out while Dad is away, she puts them up. “Let me try, Briaâ€, I say, not sure how I’m going to fulfill the offer. Her look says it all. It’s not demeaning, but just a protective kind of “I’ve got it, Momâ€, glance, full-well knowing she is better than me at that sort of thing. (She knew from a very young age that her mother was broken. She felt an innate need to protect me then. And though my Father has done tremendous healing, she still tries.)

From the pictures in the video, it appears that Bria was quite young when Kelly married. As a child of a mother who was never a mother emotionally or spiritually, this statements resonates with me. Children know when parents aren't doing their job. To survive or to make things "right", they often take on parenting roles."

I fear there's a lot of truth to that statement. I have once read that Bria was a "natural born mother" who took on caring for her little brother, when she was just 5 years old. Considering how mentally unstable Kelly is and was (she has dramatically told a story about how suicidal she was back then that she didn't care about wearing a seat-belt...), that would make a lot sense. I wonder if Bria ever had a childhood. :(

Note: there's no shame in being mentally unstable - that's not an insult. Most people with a mental unstable mind understand their limits though.

Note 2. Being a sociopath probably comes across as an insult (which I wrote above this). I didn't mean it that way (being mentally ill isn't something anyone should be blamed for). I must stop diagnosing people, even though I think (with my limited knowledge) that Kelly belongs to the B cluster and has at least one of the disorders associated with the dramatic cluster. Okay, I will just zip it now. :shhh:

I am frustrated and mad at how Kelly can treat her children so poorly (I base this on her blog writings). I have a hard time understanding how you can be so callous about their needs and wants.

Air, light, and heat are extras? What part of the US does she live in? I will agree that, depending, air conditioning (which is what I'm assuming she means by air, since not only is air required to survive, it's very hard to do without it even if you try) is a luxury. I live in Michigan, and air conditioning is nice to have, but we won't keel over and die without it. Heat, on the other hand, is a necessity. If we didn't have heat in Michigan, especially the UP where my parents currently live (I only had to deal with 2 years there, thankfully) we WOULD keel over and die.

As far as doing without lights... in today's day and age that would be rather odd. Maybe you could get away with this in the summer, but in the winter when the days are short and don't really feature much sunshine anyway, I'm not sure what you'd do... candles? I guess it's doable, and you could live that way for a short period of time, but usually no light means no electricity, and depending on how your heat is set up, no electricity could mean no heat.

I know of a private school in the area that DID have to close school for a week because they had no electricity. This had less to do with losing the lights and more to do with losing the heat.

When I went to Florida for spring break, I thought air conditioning WAS a necessity!

Recently Tulane professor, Melissa Harris-Perry, who also has a show on MSNBC, did a short piece where she talked how children don't belong to their parents; they belong to the community. Now I don't think the fine Professor Harris-Perry meant "belong" as in "possessions" but as in "being a part of a community." We are all interconnected in some fashion and that includes children, right? Well, of course, the extreme righties lost their collective shit as did Meth Brows and her leg humpers.

http://www.generationcedar.com/main/201 ... l#comments

Well, Kelly certainly didn't mind her children belonging to the community when the community paid for and built the new house her family lives in. She certainly doesn't mind the community providing her with gift cards, kids' clothes, diaper showers, money, art supplies, expensive sewing machines, decorative touches to her new home, etc.

But when the community shows some damn concern about her kids not receiving everything from proper nutrition to a decent education, all hell breaks loose!

Well, Kelly you can't have it both ways. You can't take the goods from the community and then rebuff the fucking concern we have over your precious arrows well-being because you and Aaron won't step up to the plate and do your job as parents!

Archived