IGNORED

Have the Crawfords been referred to CPS?

Invernessity

Does anyone know if Kelly Crawford and her family have been referred to Child Protective Services for an evaluation? I read the "This is Why Fundies Scare Me..." thread, and then read her website. I am so concerned that her children are truly receiving inadequate nourishment. Only the CPS can determine this, and I wondered if anyone else has addressed this issue?

Hmm after all I have read, I doubt CPS would intervene. I have very little trust to your system.

Anyway, it seems like there's a little rebel in the Crawford house. I say: "Run, Ashton. Run."

Word Warrior says:

April 10, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Keri,

It’s encouraging that you shared about your son with struggles in his twenties…we struggle with one and I trust and pray and keep doing what you said–hiding God’s Word in their hearts.

I mean, I find it weird that Kelly assumed Keri was talking about her son (self-revealing?)... On the other hand, the only kid close to 20s is Bria... but she is just too gullible. She ain't gonna go anywhere (although she is away from home for the second time in her life...). Ashton is next in line. What is he? 16? What do you think? Who's the rebel in the Crawford house?

I appreciate the responses. AddieBelle, I appreciate your directness also. I am going to notify CPS, too, of my concerns - specifically citing Kelly's website entries. I think that more than one call tends to generate some urgency. Thanks everyone!

CPS is required by law to go out on any calls, and when there they will inspect the food sources.

CPS doesn't have to go out on all calls. They evaluate the phone call and decide if there is a risk to the child then go out. I know this because someone turn me in because my garage was messy. They called right after CPS (i'm a foster mom) had just come to visit and during the week after my son died. It was deemed that the anonymous call was sour grapes and dropped. The only reason I even know about it is that during a foster care meeting someone, a receiving social worker, let it slip about how someone could be so hurtful. (it was a foster child's mom).

ETA because I do remember that i comes before e except after c!

CPS is required by law to go out on any calls, and when there they will inspect the food sources.

All calls are screened for risk, not all calls are going to mean an in-person visit. And even many of the in-person visits will mean that the parent is called in for an office chat. Depends on the issue and how serious a threat it seems to be.

The social workers I work with have told me always to call. Sometimes a number of calls about suspected neglect or failure to provide can build up to make a body of evidence that warrants a visit.

Snark is still not open to the public, is it?! Look below:

Anne says:

April 15, 2013 at 8:10 pm

I just wanted to let you know there are several women on the freejinger website that are saying they are reporting you to cps because of your post about being frugal. They think you are under feeding your children and are therefore making it their business to send the child thieves after you. Those disgusting women have nothing better to do or decent lives of their own so they do evil things to others. Just a heads up.

Word Warrior says:

April 15, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Anne,

Oh, they’ve threatened that since the day I wrote the post (several months ago). You may be reading an old thread. I’ve so looked forward to chatting with the CPS in our area as we know most of them and have a great relationship with them, my parents having run a children’s home my whole life. I think, as insane as most of the FJ women are, that they know one step into my home and all accusations of starving my children would afford a great laugh. (The accusations, as you might know, is over putting 2 chicken breasts into a casserole; more than any vegetarian does ;-) )

I do wish they would come; maybe it would be the beginning of a lawsuit against FJ, or maybe just a fun chat with some old friends and a lesson to my children about the foolishness of being a busy body and lying about people because you are insanely jealous and bitter.

Thank you for caring to tell me about it though.

Yes, I'm insanely jealous and bitter at you, Kelly, because you are such a special snow-flake. Oh, if only I had as little empathy as you! Life would be so much easier then! I could starve my children for Jesus, while claiming I'm a prophet. I could hit my children until they break, because that's how I rule, and I'm such an expert on child-raising (why don't you buy my book where I explain how to legally abuse a child). So hey, don't judge me, but I will judge you. Don't lash out at me - because then you lash out at God too!

So, do we have a traitor in here? If so, you are probably reading this. Don't be such a coward - speak out.

I just wanted to let you know there are several women on the freejinger website that are saying they are reporting you to cps because of your post about being frugal. They think you are under feeding your children and are therefore making it their business to send the child thieves after you. Those disgusting women have nothing better to do or decent lives of their own so they do evil things to others. Just a heads up.

U.S. is a retarded country in several social aspects, particularly when it comes to children's rights. You know what is evil, traitor? Spiritual abuse is. Physical abuse. Mental abuse is. All kind of abuse is. Educational neglect is. Oh, and then comes starving your children. Locking food away from your children is not normal. Idiot!

"Child thieves"? :lol:

Anne,

Oh, they’ve threatened that since the day I wrote the post (several months ago). You may be reading an old thread. I’ve so looked forward to chatting with the CPS in our area as we know most of them and have a great relationship with them, my parents having run a children’s home my whole life. I think, as insane as most of the FJ women are, that they know one step into my home and all accusations of starving my children would afford a great laugh. (The accusations, as you might know, is over putting 2 chicken breasts into a casserole; more than any vegetarian does ;-) )

Umm, missing the point? I AM a vegetarian, and of course I don't put two chicken breasts in a casserole. You know what I do put in? Beans. Lots of beans. Vegetarian food =/= meat-eater food with the meat left out, and it's arrogant and ignorant of her to insist she's feeding her children fine because "vegetarians do it worse" (when, you know, most of them don't).

Eh yeah, here's another (environmental) vegetarian who thinks her meals are poor and deficient. As if I would complain that people eat too little meat? Bitch, please... there's not a single chicken that deserves to die to feed your poor excuse of a human being. I would put a much higher value on any chicken over you - Kelly Crawford, any time.

When Kelly can’t defend her argument, she dismisses the other person for being worse. That is all she has. That's poor, especially considering it's only made up in her mind.

I bet she doesn't "believe" in protein. Just like birth pill, protein can cause spontaneous abortions, didn't you know? There is actually NO need at all for any source. If you understand Scripture (the way I do), you would understand that protein, just like evolution and over-population, is a lie!

Anne,

Umm, missing the point? I AM a vegetarian, and of course I don't put two chicken breasts in a casserole. You know what I do put in? Beans. Lots of beans. Vegetarian food =/= meat-eater food with the meat left out, and it's arrogant and ignorant of her to insist she's feeding her children fine because "vegetarians do it worse" (when, you know, most of them don't).

Yes, exactly. weren't the other ingredients two sticks of wilted celery, cream, and an onion or something? sorry can't be bothered to look it up.

If she added beans, a bunch of tomatoes, herbs, root veggies etc she left that out when she was boasting about how she could make a meal out of next to nothing.

Dear Kelly - none of us have a clue what you are feeding your kids except what you tell us you are feeding them, and bluntly what you're putting out there for the world to see and comment on doesn't sound great.

I do wish they would come; maybe it would be the beginning of a lawsuit against FJ, or maybe just a fun chat with some old friends and a lesson to my children about the foolishness of being a busy body and lying about people because you are insanely jealous and bitter.

As if. :roll:

I would be shocked if CPS would even darken her door on reports from strangers online who have never met her and her family in person.

I too believe her nutritional content for her children is pathetic. However, it is not by itself CPS reportable. It IS more food than many American children recieve, and children are simply not going to say something is wrong if asked. Sadly, all reporting does without clear evidence of being able to intervene is fuel her arrogance in not feeding her children properly.

As an aside, I had to address something she wrote in her latest post.

"But we continued to struggle. That is, we struggled to pay our bills, but our needs were always met. We never went without food, or heat or air or lights (and really, those are the extras). I can’t count the number of times an anonymous gift card showed up in our mail box, or an envelope with some cash, and one year, a mysterious phone call, directing us to a location where we found Christmas presents, carefully selected and wrapped for us. We never discovered the giver."

It makes me crazy that people will "brag" about not relying on government assistance, but who will gladly put out their grubby hands to take whatever a good Samaritan offers to you. What is the difference???? People are still paying for your bills, toys, clothing, etc. Is it that you think that only "your kind" deserves help?

The Duggars did the same thing. Just makes me crazy!!!

As an aside, I had to address something she wrote in her latest post.

"But we continued to struggle. That is, we struggled to pay our bills, but our needs were alWe never went without food, or heat or air or lights (and really, those are the extras)ways met. . I can’t count the number of times an anonymous gift card showed up in our mail box, or an envelope with some cash, and one year, a mysterious phone call, directing us to a location where we found Christmas presents, carefully selected and wrapped for us. We never discovered the giver."

It makes me crazy that people will "brag" about not relying on government assistance, but who will gladly put out their grubby hands to take whatever a good Samaritan offers to you. What is the difference???? People are still paying for your bills, toys, clothing, etc. Is it that you think that only "your kind" deserves help?

The Duggars did the same thing. Just makes me crazy!!!

Did she just say that food, heat, air and light are EXTRAS??? Personally, and call me crazy if you wish, I think food, heat, air and light are necessary for life.

I hate to burst Kelly's little bubble, I not only live in her state but actually very near her. I am also a mandated reporter. Good luck trying to sue FreeJinger over me doing my job, bitch. I too have a good relationship with the local cps. I have a foster son who was starved and neglected by a woman just like Kelly. I have absolutely no patience for people like her.

I'm a vegan and even I think it was ridiculous to feed that many people on 2 chicken breasts. lol The problem isn't even so much the chicken breasts, but she fed how many people (7? 9? more? i forget) on a wilted stalk of celery, half of an onion, and 4.. FOUR... mushrooms. She also mentions oil/butter, milk, chicken broth and a salad. So, really, who knows? She's either overexaggerating about her extreme thriftiness and that meal contained more and cost more than she says, or she's overexaggerating by saying it was great and everyone had enough. I hope it's the former.

Did I say overexaggerating? I meant lying.

My father grew up very poor on a reservation and still talks about how his mother could make enough strawberry shortcake to last for days on a small handful of tiny wild strawberries because it was all water and sugar. It's not exactly a GOOD memory for him. I can't imagine her kids are going to grow up and think back fondly on the time they all got 1/10th of a mushroom, a little bit of blended chicken, and some wilted celery for dinner.

ETA: And having said all that, I am off to make my only child a breakfast of pancakes, tofu scrambler, and fruit salad because I am so thankful I can and because I love her and I love being able fill her with the nutrients she needs to grow and thrive. Too bad all parents don't care more about that than about saving money. :angry-banghead:

Two chicken breasts for that many people. There are only three of us. Husband, 17 yo (6'2" 225lbs) and me. We ate six grilled chicken breasts between us last night. Along with that we had steamed cauliflower and broccoli, and brown rice. My son ate three chicken breasts himself. Also, my son had his usual half of jar of applesauce. I will be sending him off to college with crates of apple sauce!!

Snark is still not open to the public, is it?! Look below:

Anne says:

April 15, 2013 at 8:10 pm

Just out of curiosity, I googled the title of this thread. The thread title and the first few lines of the original post showed up first in the search results. When I clicked on the link without being logged in to FJ, it took me to the login screen but didn't show me any more of the post. Do we want Snark to be searchable on Google, and is there a way to block it if we don't?

Yes, a local mandaged reporter with personal knowledge CAN make a credible report to CPS. Random strangers online whose only information comes from her blog won't garner any attention though.

What I hate about most fundies who behave in this manner is that they walk on this murky line AND they isolate so much from the world that it's hard for anyone with credibility and first hand information TO make reports, even when they are appropriate and necessary. The level of fear and crazy these people live under contribute to the abuse of their children AND to the isolation that keeps safe influences from being able to make a positive impact to help things get better. When it comes to poor families, most states have specific policies to NOT penalize parents for just being poor so fundies who deliberately set up poverty and deprevation so get more grace as if they are families who cannot get OUT of poverty when they seek it out intentionally.

Archived