IGNORED

Pam Stenzel, slut-shaming public speaker in high schools

Freyacat

I just signed the Change.org petition. That principal ought to be sued for defamation of character, and harassment. What an idiot.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The principal is an idiot who clearly doesn't have one fucking clue about what a school like Wellesley is about. They're more likely to give her a free ride than boot her.

Shit like this sort of hateful brainwashing does not belong in the public schools.

Hmmm sounds familiar.... I'll have to look it up to be sure, but I think she was the author of a book my grandma (not one I was close to) gave me called "Sex has a price tag." I wasn't curious at all about sex until much later, and then I read it looking for details. here are some things I remember:

1. Condoms are meant to prevent pregnancy, not stds.

2. One out of three condom batches in he is fail whatever testing mtjhod they use, and are sold anyway

3. The being conceived by rape story --this makes me think they are the same

4. Something about a sweater beig paid for rigt away verses on a credit card, and how the latter can be more expensive depending on payments/interest

5. If you're not a Virgin, boys won't want you.

6. THose who are raped can still consider themselves virgins

I no longer have the book, so I am gong off of memory, but yeah... I almost wish I still had it just so I could see how I feel about it as an adult.

Excuse typos, I'm on my phone

I've been sitting here trying to puzzle out number 4, and I can't for the life of me work out how it's in favour of abstinence. If anything, it looks like it says you should have sex early, because if you wait till later there'll be more consequences :P

It would probably help if I could properly remember the analogy. I think it was something like, "if you buy now and pay now (marriage) you're golden. but if you buy now and pay later (credit card) you will be paying it off for a loooooooooong time and in the end it will cost more." So, still having sex at the same time, in one instance you're just not married.

I'm not a huge fan of the analogy anyway because I am not a sweater.

I've been sitting here trying to puzzle out number 4, and I can't for the life of me work out how it's in favour of abstinence. If anything, it looks like it says you should have sex early, because if you wait till later there'll be more consequences :P

There's an article at Salon today about this nutcase. The gems in that are that arthritis is on her list of health consequences of premarital sex and that she seems to insist that it will always lead to infertility in women. My husband's response: "So a 20 year old girl who has premarital sex is immediately arthritic and infertile, but a 20 year old who is married will be just fine?" Apparently, the answer is yes.

The problem with lying to teens is once they figure out you have lied once, they believe nothing you say. And they aren't dumb enough to think sex causes arthritis. She is losing her audience from the beginning and likely having zero impact. Not that I feel bad about that, it just amazes me that people think an approach like this could be effective at all.

Because teenage marriages are always a good idea :roll:

I agree on the sweater thing. So many of these analogies are pretty degrading to women, like comparing us to used toothbrushes.

Archived