IGNORED

Saving heathen souls in NYC - Newburger Family

Buzzard

Breaking this off from the link posted in the Schrader pop up thread. I give you the Newburger family.

Mdtl7xGwc1g

Compared to Mr. "pray for me my shit broke" Schrader these people have their shit together. They both went to college (he has some random graduate degree that probably isnt worth much), married, studied in a church in Queens (AND WORKED A PART TIME JOB) and now believe that jebus has called them to build a church in thriving part of Brooklyn.

thenewburgers.com/The_Newburgers/Home.html

They seem to have their shit together, as ill advised as it is. One has to ask, though. Why does New York need a "Missionary?" or a "watchman" as he calls it? Whats wrong with a "homechurch" like the Duggars do? Real estate is expensive in NY and they seem to have quite grand plans...

I'll continue to look for more snarkable material on these people, but putting them next to Schrader just shows what a fucking loser Mr. Popup is.

There is no need for missionaries anymore. We have an unlimited supply of holy books and the internet. If people want to join a cult/religion, they will. If not, then STFU and mind your own business. Why would they wanna go to NYC anyway? Don't they know that same-sex couples can get married there?

New York isn't the capital of the world; and if people don't want a watcher then they don't need 1. Baptists aren't the only type of Christians in the world and people don't have to change their faith because you want to "save" aka brainwash them. Leave people alone instead of prosletyzing them 24/7, and they might just stop "persecuting you". How do churches help the people? Do churches worry about membership, buying supplies, making and decorating themselves? Why not help people get jobs and give out food to the poor, not just to the people that you think deserve it and don't lie when people donate $ to you and you keep most of it yourselves.

If churches are so good at charity, then why are there poor people? TL; DR translation: why is there a need for churches if people don't think they need them? You think that people's lives will be "saved" when the convert? What does saved mean? Having better living conditions or just a reward to get close to Heaven because the proselytizers told you that your belief/lack thereof is evil and wrong? You don't realize your own prideful privilege when you get to claim that people who tell you insensitive missionaries to GTFO their doorsteps are "persecuting you."

Instead of worrying about how much $ the Church can make from new sheeple to get closer to Heaven; help people just to help them; not to earn a fucking reward. If your religion is the bestest, why do you need missionaries, since God deems it to be the best? In short, STFU and leave people alone.

There is no need for missionaries anymore. We have an unlimited supply of holy books and the internet. If people want to join a cult/religion, they will. If not, then STFU and mind your own business. Why would they wanna go to NYC anyway? Don't they know that same-sex couples can get married there?

Thats what I just dont get. If you want to "speak" to the people. Buy a fucking ad on the subway with a website. Set up a QR code with links to the bible, get a show on public access, and work on a real website. There is no need for "boots on the ground" in NYC and your tract just make a mess. Atleast the kids will get a decent education.

"Not one gospel church." How about all the black Baptist churches?

Greenpoint was traditionally a working class Catholic neighborhood.

Let's see who they find to convert there and how long they last.

In their world, only white Baptists count as Christians. They are replacing the sinful cultures of diversity in NYC with a culture of what they think have right morals. :puke-front:

I almost started a thread on this couple myself, lol. They appear to be church planting because they say there are few IFB in NYC. They do have degrees and the backing of an existing church, which as you say is lightyears ahead of the Schrader disaster. However, I cannot imagine there's a lot of need for a IFB missionary in NYC.

Per their video, everyone else is doing it wrong. There are JEWS and MUSLIMS and BUDDHISTS and ZOMG JEHOVAHS WITNESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thenewburgers.com/The_Newburgers/Info_for_Pastors.html

We define the Bible as the 66 books which make up the Old and New Testaments of our King James Bible, otherwise known as the Common Version or the Authorized Version 1611. We believe this Bible to be the preserved Word of God. We accept Bibles in other languages as they are true to the King James Version, and the Hebrew and Greek Manuscripts from which the King James Version was translated. The King James Bible will be the only Bible used authoritatively in any English speaking service at our church. We believe the Bible to be the inerrant, perfect, preserved Word of God. We do not believe that the Bible contains the words of God, but is the very Words of God. We accept no other method of interpretation than the literal method.

See! Unless you use their book and their translation you are DAMNED! Yup. New York is perfect. Eleventy billion souls and no one wants to hear their shit about "youre using the wrong bible!" Never mind that its he same fucking god...

I almost started a thread on this couple myself, lol. They appear to be church planting because they say there are few IFB in NYC. They do have degrees and the backing of an existing church, which as you say is lightyears ahead of the Schrader disaster. However, I cannot imagine there's a lot of need for a IFB missionary in NYC.

New York is already afflicted with one nanny in the person of Mayor Bloomberg. The last thing they need or want is yet another.

Breaking this off from the link posted in the Schrader pop up thread. I give you the Newburger family.

Mdtl7xGwc1g

Compared to Mr. "pray for me my shit broke" Schrader these people have their shit together. They both went to college (he has some random graduate degree that probably isnt worth much), married, studied in a church in Queens (AND WORKED A PART TIME JOB) and now believe that jebus has called them to build a church in thriving part of Brooklyn.

thenewburgers.com/The_Newburgers/Home.html

A Heartland Baptist Bible College education is as worthless as no education in the real world. It's not a regionally accredited school. Associated with a church that decided that Bob Jones University is too liberal so they started up their own school that they can send their kids from their high school directly to. Total cult atmosphere there. Seriously only about a quarter step up educationally from SOTDRT.

Is it that easy just to set up a college? Damn, we should offer degrees in snark. $49.99 and you can be have a bachelors in snark. $99.99 you get a masters. $499.99 you get a snarkdorate.

I love how they plugged how a baptist church is being turned into a mosque, oh, the horror! There is about 175 mosques in NYC. That's about 1 for ever 1,000 people (eta: muslims). Churches? There's about 6000. And less and less Christians are going to church, so it's bound to leave some church pews empty and eventually merge with a nearby congregation. Oh yeah, those muslims are taking over everything!!!

I saw that they started out in Astoria. NOT ASTORIA! I love Astoria--it's a nice, homey, artsy neighborhood. A good friend of ours is the director of the Astoria Performing Arts Center.

New York City may be more secular than in generations before, but it has a rich religious heritage, and can do quite well without this guy's whitebread brand of IFB.

Wtfwtfwtfffff, gah. I actually just moved from Greenpoint, where I was for many years.

- polish= catholic; the polish Jews are further into Brooklyn and typically hasids...

-good luck converting condo dwellers on juice fasts with ten bugaboos to praise The Lord in baptismal spirits. Also hipsters tend to worship at the billion bars and yoga centers in the hood...also the housing prices have gone up 200% in the past 5 years.

-paaaa-lenty of baptists (and Pentecostal!) in Bed-Stuy, my new hood. Loooove seeing white boy Mormons on my block--it's all broke students like myself and multi generation families sandwiched in between multiple housing projects (boys, those were gunshots last night, not fireworks)

-also GET OUT OF MY CITY.

/end rant

Wtfwtfwtfffff, gah. I actually just moved from Greenpoint, where I was for many years.

- polish= catholic; the polish Jews are further into Brooklyn and typically hasids...

-good luck converting condo dwellers on juice fasts with ten bugaboos to praise The Lord in baptismal spirits. Also hipsters tend to worship at the billion bars and yoga centers in the hood...also the housing prices have gone up 200% in the past 5 years.

-paaaa-lenty of baptists (and Pentecostal!) in Bed-Stuy, my new hood. Loooove seeing white boy Mormons on my block--it's all broke students like myself and multi generation families sandwiched in between multiple housing projects (boys, those were gunshots last night, not fireworks)

-also GET OUT OF MY CITY.

/end rant

I'd love to make up my own "tract" titled "reasons why you're wasting your life and pissing people off." I'd just love to hand them right back to people who hand me a tract. One entire page will say "GET A JOB."

I'd love to make up my own "tract" titled "reasons why you're wasting your life and pissing people off." I'd just love to hand them right back to people who hand me a tract. One entire page will say "GET A JOB."

I'm down.

I saw that they started out in Astoria. NOT ASTORIA! I love Astoria--it's a nice, homey, artsy neighborhood. A good friend of ours is the director of the Astoria Performing Arts Center.

New York City may be more secular than in generations before, but it has a rich religious heritage, and can do quite well without this guy's whitebread brand of IFB.

What's kind of funny about them being in Astoria is that there's a noticeably vibrant gay community there....sooooooo....

I loved Astoria. A bit off topic, our doctor was there. He was Jewish and his degree was from the University of Transylvania. My sister and I always laughed about that.

I'm Polish Jewish and nowhere near a Hasid. Most Jews in NYC have their roots in Eastern Europe.

I just can't picture anyone in this area who would come to their church. Perhaps some extremely lonely elderly people who are yearning for attention?

Their super sincere, white, white, white selves with no street smarts. I can't imagine Hispanics or Black people having any interest at all in them.

If they really want to be like Jesus why don't they go to the really, really poor parts of NYC and start helping there? And by helping I mean actually helping, not standing there looking all sad when people don't want to take your Bible tract.

"If they really want to be like Jesus why don't they go to the really, really poor parts of NYC and start helping there? And by helping I mean actually helping, not standing there looking all sad when people don't want to take your Bible tract."

Yeah, you're right. Really feed people who are hungry.

Or help people who are homeless or without heat and any other number of things.

Real churches actually do feed people here.

Archived