IGNORED

Found a Blog from a member of the "Church of Duggar"

silverspoons

Today someone posted on the Duugar blog spot "Proverbs Mama", and said the Duggars should not take credit for the valentines day banquet, that Mrs Query is the one doing the work. I went to see what her blog was about. She is a widow that has a link to the quiverfull website. It is not the easiest to navigate but I found am entry about attending the Duggar's church.

I was surprised. JOSH leads the service and it hints to finding out someone (I hoping she is refering to Anna) is pregnant before the media finds out. You also need an special invite to attend..

Here is a part of the blog, the proverbs family. I wasn't sure what the rules were about links (I just went to the blog from the link on the duggar blog spot comment section). I havent gone through the whole blog, maybe someone else will find some other interesting facts?

What Is Church Like With The Duggars?

I know plenty of Duggar fans who would very much like to know what it's like to go to church with them. Because others have posted something about it, I thought Proverbs Mama might share the story as well.

At this time, they are meeting in an empty store front type place. In a month, it will move to another location as the entire building is being leased to others. The inside is very simple. I would imagine you could honestly say it is an Acts kind of church. Concrete floor, mismatched seating, paper plates for bathroom signs, broken podium...we love it!!! Jesus Followers of old didn't have fancy, mega-churches. : ) We love the decor!

Someone at some point while you are there will let you know that this church does NOT accept the government's tax status. This gives them freedom that many churches do not have. Praise God!

There is no real preacher. All of the dads in the group are allowed to speak or share whatever the Lord puts on their hearts.

One of the first people to talk to you will probably be Anna Duggar, seated with her littles in the back. Josh Duggar will be up front, getting things set up. Anna is even sweeter and more friendly in person than on t.v. She is a lovely, beautiful young mom with a very sweet spirit.

Josh can be found leading worship. He has such a loud voice, no fancy microphone is needed. For those who do need sound assistance, the equipment is certainly used. Buy used, save the difference! Josh does an AMAZING job leading worship. They sing the old hymns, and they take many requests! This keeps the musicians very busy and the crowd awake. Josh takes the time to get everyone REALLY thinking about what the song is saying. No fake worship here. I am sure God is quite pleased. : ) At the end of that, the children take a turn. Our antsy little babies are all invited to go up front and sing! They sing cute songs like King of the Jungle, Jesus Loves Me, This Little Light of Mine, etc. Again, Josh does a GREAT job leading the kids and making it exciting. The musicians you will see are not fancy. They are generally just the kids of the adults who come to church. There are very few adults, but multitudes of children! It is a beautiful thing. : )

As I write this, they are going through the Bill Gothard Basic Seminar. It is nice they do this so others in the church can get a feel for the ATI programs. Again, the dads are welcome to share anything they wish. Before a message, they do prayer requests and announcements and such. You may learn that someone is pregnant before any t.v. announcements are done. This makes you feel something like a secret insider. Shhhh......

All of the families are beautiful people. These are folks who truly just want to serve the Lord and raise their children to do the same. You'll see a family with 21 children who sit up front and behave amazingly well. The Duggars sit in the back, and we like that too. When someone is as popular and in a leading position, it is always nice to see them put themselves in the back seats and not be on display as if important. Well done, Duggars. Their little ones, for the most part, are very well behaved in church. We know this is probably due to Michelle's blanket training. Now, that does not mean ALL of the kids in church sit like little statues and never make a peep. This church is LOUD. It's not Pentecostal loud. It's BABY loud! : ) All through the service, well....you had just better be a parent who is used to tons of noise if you want to hear what is going on! We absolutely love this. The children are allowed to be normal children, and that's just fine with everyone. : ) If they get too crazy, someone will eventually take them outside to just RUN!!! So fun!

It is worth noting that this church will not pass around a collection plate for you to fill, by the way. They also do not embarrass new people by putting them on display. Very nice.

After church, they won't let you escape without eating and fellowship! If you try to get to your vehicle, they are going to sweet talk you into staying for sure and for certain. Besides, you can't get out anyway. There are babies all over the place! : ) So, you stay and eat. You do get an invitation to eat, of course, before you try to run away. They encourage guests to go first, which is always nice. You will see the children line up next, the adults eat when they can. It is a very wonderful time of fellowship. Most of the older Duggar children are friendly and will make small chat with you. The younger ones are much more shy.......can you say normal??? Everyone, for the most part, is super nice and friendly in this group. You'll meet lots of nice people who feel like family from the very beginning.

Who is this church for?

If you believe children are a blessing and trust God with your fertility, this is for you.

If you homeschool and believe it is God ordered to do so, this is for you.

If you are serious about raising children who love the Lord, this is for you.

If you believe in dressing modestly, this is for you.

If your family is your first ministry in life, this is for you.

If you are a dad who has given up career goals for your precious family, this is for you.

If you want a simple church that is not like the worldly churches of today, this is for you.

Who is this church not for?

It is not for those who believe children should be entertained by teachers instead of staying with their parents in church.

It is not for those who do not see children as a blessing.

It is not for those who just want to go to stare at the Duggars!

It is not for people who want fancy churches, business connections, or even comfortable seats!

It is not for a worldly family only out to gain what the world offers.

It is not for those who are not serious about raising a family that follows Christ in ALL things.

Want to go?

Email the Duggars. They do read their email. If they feel led to, they'll send you an invite.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"It is not for a worldly family only out to gain what the world offers. "

Funny 'cause that's basically what the Duggars are now.

The service sounds really awful, and I'm not sure saying that because I'm not a Church goer. Church services are supposed to offer ways to help people better themselves and their community. But here it seems they do choir and peach Bill Gothard. And it's basically all centered on fan work, I don't think the creator would be thrilled with that.

I'm surprised Michelle doesn't seem to have any notable role.

You also need an special invite to attend..

Want to go?

Email the Duggars. They do read their email. If they feel led to, they'll send you an invite.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

What the heck do they think church is, a country club?! You'd think a church would WANT anyone and everyone to come, since they're trying to convert the world and whatnot. I've even heard it argued that you can't send out invites to a wedding/it is acceptable to crash a wedding because "it's really a church service and you can't deny people entry from the house of the lord." It's just one more example of what special snowflakes the Duggars are.

Today someone posted on the Duggar blog spot "Proverbs Mama", and said the Duggars should not take credit for the valentines day banquet, that Mrs Query is the one doing the work. I went to see what her blog was about. She is a widow that has a link to the quiverfull website. It is not the easiest to navigate but I found am entry about attending the Duggar's church.

Proverbs Mama is not a widow, she speaks often about her husband. She home schools and also has a day care. The widow is Mrs. Query, who started the Valentine's Day celebration for widowed and single moms. The Duggars are among the volunteers who help out at the celebration.

proverbsfamily.blogspot.com

Proverbs Mama is not a widow, she speaks often about her husband. She home schools and also has a day care. The widow is Mrs. Query, who started the Valentine's Day celebration for widowed and single moms. The Duggars are among the volunteers who help out at the celebration.

proverbsfamily.blogspot.com

Interestingly she was widowed, and is now remarried but her second husband has a serious chronic illness that is terminal.

I was widowed once, and odds are I will be widowed again. It was 10 plus years ago. My husband was a mere 25 years old, and I was left with three very young children to raise.

Quite amused that the church is for people who believe in having children but believing in Christ doesn't seem to be a requirement.

So basically this church is for you if you need to feel special and better than everyone else?

Quite amused that the church is for people who believe in having children but believing in Christ doesn't seem to be a requirement.

I noticed that too! They call themselves Christians but the concept of following Christ only appears under the category of "Who is this church not for?" FAIL

Love the casual reference to blanket training. I wonder what all the leghumpers who know that the Duggars don't do it will say - evidence be damned :roll:

NurseNell: Where did you find this?

Interestingly she was widowed, and is now remarried but her second husband has a serious chronic illness that is terminal.

I could only find vague references to his illness and a long recovery on the blog. The illness seems quite recent.

I find this woman rather sad, and a good illustration of how close to financial disaster these families are in reality. There is the usual smugness, a 3 parter on Biblical Reasons that debt is bad, and a touch of prosperity gospel. Paraphrase: "Oh my, we are so Godly that when we purposed to eat beans one more time a week to afford a charitable donation -- the next thing we knew we were given a gift card in the exact amount of the donation and lots of groceries too. Praise Jebus!"

Now she has a pay pal account front and central on the blog and owes the hospital 80K in evil unBiblical debt plus ongoing medical expenses.

Will we see a decrease in the smugness?

What the heck do they think church is, a country club?! You'd think a church would WANT anyone and everyone to come, since they're trying to convert the world and whatnot. I've even heard it argued that you can't send out invites to a wedding/it is acceptable to crash a wedding because "it's really a church service and you can't deny people entry from the house of the lord." It's just one more example of what special snowflakes the Duggars are.

Exactly!! The super secret society of church... you get an invite IF the Duggars feel led to invite you. :snooty:

So if you show up for service and want to leave, they won't let you? No, that doesn't sound creepy and controlling at all.

And how many times did she use the word beautiful? Find a new word.

I don't know about elsewhere, but in the UK a wedding invitation for the evening reception (over here weddings often have a sit down meal reception after the wedding, and then a disco in the evening where more people are invited) is technically a church and evening invitation because you're not supposed to exclude people from the church. So yeah, very puzzled by the need for an invite to their church.

So which FJer wants to crash? ;)

NurseNell: Where did you find this?

I could only find vague references to his illness and a long recovery on the blog. The illness seems quite recent.

I find this woman rather sad, and a good illustration of how close to financial disaster these families are in reality. There is the usual smugness, a 3 parter on Biblical Reasons that debt is bad, and a touch of prosperity gospel. Paraphrase: "Oh my, we are so Godly that when we purposed to eat beans one more time a week to afford a charitable donation -- the next thing we knew we were given a gift card in the exact amount of the donation and lots of groceries too. Praise Jebus!"

Now she has a pay pal account front and central on the blog and owes the hospital 80K in evil unBiblical debt plus ongoing medical expenses.

Will we see a decrease in the smugness?

September 4 2011: about her first husband dying, "odds are I will be widowed again."

August 31 2012: "He has a very severe ailment that will eventually take him from us."

Now here's something interesting I found while looking for the above:

Exodus 22:22-24 ESV

You shall not mistreat any widow or fatherless child. If you do mistreat them, and they cry out to me, I will surely hear their cry, and my wrath will burn, and I will kill you with the sword, and your wives shall become widows and your children fatherless.

This verse NEEDS to be preached in our churches! If you mistreat a widow, and they cry out to our Heavenly Father, there are major repercussions! I will tell this story here: I once found myself (while widowed) in desperate need of help. We were living in a shelter, and all the money I had was just enough to buy a little milk. I had visited a new church that week, and the preacher sent a computer-generated letter to me thanking me for visiting. He ended his letter with, if you ever need anything, let me know. Well, I surely did need some help! My kids were hungry, and we had no place to live. I humbled myself and went to the church. I was met with a committee at a round table and told to state my story. I had to embarrass myself in front of 7 "board members" in order to state that my children and I needed help! I didn't even have the gas money to drive back from this church to my shelter home, mind you. I had trusted God to get me the help I so needed for my family, and I was foolish enough to believe that this church might be God's hands in action. The people of this church told me to stop homeschooling, get a job, and things would be fine. I told them that homeschooling was not an option when the Lord was the One who wanted me to homeschool. Their answer was maybe I was hearing Him wrong! Short end of the story, I left that meeting humiliated and feeling worse than when I had went in. I left still homeless and still not knowing where our next meal would come from. I left not knowing how we would even get home! I cried out to God. God provided for me despite that church. And, I can tell you this.....that church was closed down in less than a year because the board mishandled all of their money. A mega church in a tourist town completely bankrupt! This church is now a theater for country music singer. Do NOT oppress the widowed!

So she chose homeschooling and living in a shelter over getting a job.

And her whole not borrowing entries seem a tad hypocritical when she is asking for money to help them with their hospital bills.

So they church told her to get off her lazy ass and go get a job and if she did they would start helping her, and she screams persecution? Oh good grief.

September 4 2011: about her first husband dying, "odds are I will be widowed again."

August 31 2012: "He has a very severe ailment that will eventually take him from us."

Now here's something interesting I found while looking for the above:

So she chose homeschooling and living in a shelter over getting a job.

And her whole not borrowing entries seem a tad hypocritical when she is asking for money to help them with their hospital bills.

Ah, thanks! I skimmed past that entry because of the wall of text. So she (the widow) called down the wrath of God and made the mega church go bankrupt. Nice!

And I totally agree with the hypocrisy. I was assuming that the illness was recent and the smug living debt free entries were in the past. If this is the second time that she has found herself indigent I have much less sympathy. Although I guess today she has a job running the daycare.

September 14 2012: "He has early on-set Alzheimer's."

Obviously he has something else too as he was in the hospital recently with a serious illness.

All through the service, well....you had just better be a parent who is used to tons of noise if you want to hear what is going on! We absolutely love this. The children are allowed to be normal children, and that's just fine with everyone. : )

This I find the most suspicious.

In a previous church of mine there wasn't a separate room for the kids, so some side pews were moved around to make a kind of creche area for the little kids and older ones sat with their parents - and this was in a 'proper' church building, it was just quite a small chapel. So it could get quite noisy with the kids, and this wasn't a problem.

Interesting that the church doesn't take tax-exempt status because it gives them "more freedom." I'm guessing it's the freedom to endorse political candidates from the pulpit.

The church sounds like a restaurant in Madison that doesn't have its name on the outside, or a website or FB page. You just have to "know" it's there. Granted, you don't need an invitation to get in. And while the description of who the church is for is probably just coming from this woman, the first thing I look into for a house of worship is about their relationship with G-d, not how they will dictate my birth control, education, and fashion choices. The part about everybody homeschooling sounds contradictory to what we've seen on the instagram accounts of some teens who attend, since some of them appear to go to public school.

Also, only men speak at this church. Because penis=correct theological knowledge.

Treating a church as a country club is nothing new. It even happens in established, historic denominations (ask me how I know. No, don't, you can imagine ;) )

I'm gonna pile on with the commenters who point out that there's nothing about Jesus in the list of whether or not the church is for you, except for one brief mention in the "it's not" list.

Everything on the "it is" list is about the church member, the human. That's what we call "the theology of self-glory."

Church is where believers gather to encourage each other with reminders of the love of God. Well, that's what it traditionally has been. That's what we call "the theology of the cross," because God's love was shown there, on the cross, a repulsive instrument of torture and death.

It's not the ever-more-attractive spectacle of adorbs little children being great adverts for their parents' devotion to ATI ideals.

What a messed-up bunch. I honestly feel sorry for them, but if they're getting comfort from First Duggar Church ... oh, how can they be????

Smuggums has posted pictures of the "church' that I'm assuming she is referring to.

a02d9c82c92511e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

872f2466c92611e19c6622000a1e89ba_7.jpg

aea30dd8c92a11e1a38422000a1c8933_7.jpg

b97a81689d1111e192e91231381b3d7a_7.jpg

cb18ebde9d1c11e19e4a12313813ffc0_6.jpg

Its discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11316&start=280

and

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10126&start=120

This was shortly after the "homechurch" in one of their properties where David was speaking.

db87e3e88c9711e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8514&start=1520

I have also screen capped the blog article in case it goes awol...

Archived