IGNORED

Found a Blog from a member of the "Church of Duggar"

silverspoons

I think its interesting that we havent seen nor heard anything about this church since November or so. Smuggums, Waller, Anna, Hartono... no one has posted a pic or even mentioned it. We all know that Joshie SO LOVED taking pictures during church, so I'm wondering if it was just a front for frothy (a lot of the early pics are around the time he was around).

She mentions that they DO NOT take ebil guvment exemptions so they can, most likely, continue to pimp their politkal beliefs without fear. It was also likely a good way to mobilize and "pay into" whatever local shit they were involved in.

As for the pregnancy line, that would be right about the time Anna would have found out she was preggers, so thats a good find.

I also agree that its VERY odd that believing in Jesus is not a requirement for the sooper secret invite to their church.

blog1_zps60739021.png

blog2_zps97e644b5.png

blog3_zpsac364cd0.png

blog4_zps70198955.png

blog5_zpse16fbb0f.png

Its not for those that want connections???? Isnt that ALL the Duggars are about?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smuggums has posted pictures of the "church' that I'm assuming she is referring to.

a02d9c82c92511e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

872f2466c92611e19c6622000a1e89ba_7.jpg

aea30dd8c92a11e1a38422000a1c8933_7.jpg

b97a81689d1111e192e91231381b3d7a_7.jpg

cb18ebde9d1c11e19e4a12313813ffc0_6.jpg

Its discussed here:

http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic. ... &start=280

http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic. ... &start=120

This was shortly after the "homechurch" in one of their properties where David was speaking.

db87e3e88c9711e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic. ... start=1520

I have also screen capped the blog article in case it goes awol...

Is it just me, or does the girl in the blue blouse (Jinger?) look like she's fixing to eat someone's face off?

September 14 2012: "He has early on-set Alzheimer's."

Obviously he has something else too as he was in the hospital recently with a serious illness.

Early on-set Alzheimer's really stinks and it does look as though he may have another medical issue going on too. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Still, I read a bit more of the blog. She is incredibly annoying, preachy and arrogant.

* She preaches about how "other people" are not putting contributions in collection carts for a food pantry, but she manages to add a bag of beans even though she doesn't have much to spend. Was this before or after she started asking for money herself.

* She calls her youngest daughter "the runt" (huh? that is mean) and constantly complains about her excessive energy levels. What is all that about?

* She praises the older daughters 17, 15 and 13 for their contributions to the day care and taking care of the youngest for her. I hope she gave them a decent homeschooling education because those girls need to be prepared to get jobs soon if step-daddy has dementia.

* She criticises her previous church's youth group unmerciifully, but did allow the girls to attend. One wonders why.

Good luck to her at the Duggar church. With those smug attitudes she will fit right in. Perhaps her situation will make Jim Bob and Smuggar think a little harder when they pontificate. How would Anna, and their daughters manage without any real education or proper job skills if Joshie or the future spouses die suddenly or has long-term serious illness. Long-term illness might even be worse as she would still have to submit to his "head-ship" even if he has dementia.

Also, with Proverbs Woman now standing there with her hand out expecting charitable donations -- and slamming churches who aren't coughing them up on demand -- she might start calling the widow's wrath of God down on the Duggars soon! :twisted:

Edit. Missing words

It is just a glorified home church. It outgrew a home. It is a self centered place were the nutjobs can all come together and show how godly they are. Of course god is pleased how could he not be?

I'll chime in and say the whole invite thing seems odd. How do they grow their church? I mean every church I've ever been to stresses an open door policy and the need for growth. Seems so odd then again I grew up Methodist where the tag line is Open Hearts, Open Doors and Open Minds. From the blog entry I would say this "church" seems to fail in those areas. After all seems to be we will be friendly as all get out, if you are just like them.

Does anyone know who this family with 21 children is?

Ive seen them on the show in the most recent episodes. Think they were there on one of the boys birthdays (James? Justin? the one who got a big toy car) and one of theirs had a birthday at the same time. Most of their kids are adopted (so Michelle probably doesnt see them as a threat).

I don't think the girl in the blue blouse is a Duggar, but she is pretty scary! lol

I think the family with the 21 children is the one who adopted the special needs kids? I think they've been on the show a couple of times. There is a little one who uses a walker and I believe one has Down syndrome. IIRC, they moved from out of state.

They don't want to have open doors because they don't want their special snowflake children to interact with anyone they don't approve of.

I'll chime in and say the whole invite thing seems odd. How do they grow their church? I mean every church I've ever been to stresses an open door policy and the need for growth. Seems so odd then again I grew up Methodist where the tag line is Open Hearts, Open Doors and Open Minds. From the blog entry I would say this "church" seems to fail in those areas. After all seems to be we will be friendly as all get out, if you are just like them.

The way she describes it its almost a support group for homeschooling families. They wont take formal "church" status and arent interested in growth. That just sounds like a bunch of people with identical beliefs getting together to talk about how right they are and sing some hymns (likely badly).

So"all of the DAD's in the group are "allowed"to speak or sharewhatever the Lord puts on their hearts??WTH?!!

I think it should have been mentioned under the heading"this church is not for you..."if,say,you are a woman&/or a mom,&you expect to be allowed to speak/share..IMO

So"all of the DAD's in the group are "allowed"to speak or sharewhatever the Lord puts on their hearts??WTH?!!

I think it should have been mentioned under the heading"this church is not for you..."if,say,you are a woman&/or a mom,&you expect to be allowed to speak/share..IMO

Or are a single woman not under the care of a headship...

5th pic down, it looks like one of the Duggar teenage boys is preaching. The girl in the blue top isn't Jinger though, it's a non-Duggar.

And 'if your family is your first ministry' - shouldn't God be priority in a church?? :shock:

Also, are the people in the congregation looking at worksheets? Those aren't Bibles...

I don't think the girl in the blue blouse is a Duggar, but she is pretty scary! lol

I hope this isn't offensive, but...she's like a Duggar girl clone. Only...in a different shade.

I think that girl is non-white rather than overtanned.

Oh! Thanks. I put my reading glasses on to look at it and I think you are right. Odd to see someone who wants to look like a Duggar.

She does have the Duggar-look. But I agree, I don't think she's tanned, just brown. It looks like she straightened her hair and then tried to curl it the way the Duggar girls do, but didn't take into account that not all styles will look the same with differnt hair textures. :(

I have mixed feelings about the church itself. I have been to even more conservative style services. River Brethren service in a barn, men and women sitting seperately. I don't have strong objections to that style, specifically. And for people who are used to it, it is what they like. The purpose of church is to worship God coroporately and fellowship with one another. They meet both purposes. Sounds like the Duggar's church does too.

*But*, the blog post is so incredibly snooty and off-putting. I go to a "mega church", with comfy chairs, no less. The people there are no less vigorously faithful than the Duggars. They do indeed have a different style or worship. Bordering on Pentecostal. I don't think it's the style that God cares about, so much. Also, I'm really sad to see Gothard featuring such a central role in Sunday morning worship. :(

What the heck do they think church is, a country club?! You'd think a church would WANT anyone and everyone to come, since they're trying to convert the world and whatnot. I've even heard it argued that you can't send out invites to a wedding/it is acceptable to crash a wedding because "it's really a church service and you can't deny people entry from the house of the lord." It's just one more example of what special snowflakes the Duggars are.

I think it is more about protecting their children than anything because they are well known.

Interesting that the church doesn't take tax-exempt status because it gives them "more freedom." I'm guessing it's the freedom to endorse political candidates from the pulpit.

That's exactly right. I can't think of any other "freedom" she could possibly be referring to, other than not being precluded from engaging in political activities.

I read about her day care schedule and I would not want to send my kids there. I wonder if she trains the kids in day care.

Nothing like a church who's goal is to keep people that are not like minded out. Or those who are different or not the same color. To close off any free thought as it would conflict with control.

Smuggums has posted pictures of the "church' that I'm assuming she is referring to.

a02d9c82c92511e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

872f2466c92611e19c6622000a1e89ba_7.jpg

aea30dd8c92a11e1a38422000a1c8933_7.jpg

b97a81689d1111e192e91231381b3d7a_7.jpg

cb18ebde9d1c11e19e4a12313813ffc0_6.jpg

Its discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11316&start=280

and

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10126&start=120

This was shortly after the "homechurch" in one of their properties where David was speaking.

db87e3e88c9711e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8514&start=1520

I have also screen capped the blog article in case it goes awol...

It looks like Michelle is preaching. Is she? If so why?

Archived