IGNORED

Found a Blog from a member of the "Church of Duggar"

silverspoons

I have to say, I am really sick of fundies insisting that you have as many children as possible in order for children to be "blessings." I am blessed by my kids. All two of them. And you know, that's partly why I chose to have only two. Just saying.

:clap: :clap: :clap: (Just liking was not really enough.)

I would add that I don't see why the children have to be your own to be a blessing. My students are a blessing - all 150+ of them. I think that, if asked, I could tell you a lot more about each one of them than whether or not they like pickles!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious question: I wonder if childless/infertile couples are welcome at the First Church of the Holy Duggar?

Serious question: I wonder if childless/infertile couples are welcome at the First Church of the Holy Duggar?

Infertile couples probably are but can you imagine all the prayers that would be said over them. Even if you liked being around other peoples kids and didn't mind not having your own, the sympathy from the other adults in the church would be unbearable.

I'm sure the Duggar 'theology' (lol) would say that the infertility results from SIN, and the couple must have done something heinous like show their knees whilst waterskiing.

Ohhh I so want to e-mail and see if I could get an invite. Sadly I don't know if I would go- just would be cool if I got the e-mail saying I won the golden ticket!

I'm sure the Duggar 'theology' (lol) would say that the infertility results from SIN, and the couple must have done something heinous like show their knees whilst waterskiing.

I'm sure they wouldn't come out and say it just like that, but when writing the ATI/Gothard summary I took my parents IBLP medical journals and yes it pretty much teaches that. Getting that medical journal was one of the things that lead my parents out of ATI because I had a brother who died shortly after birth and Gothard blames the mother for that sort of thing.

Sunshine, the Duggars believe in and give money to a fucked up cult. I hope you think long and hard about what you like about their beliefs and why you consider yourself a fan of theirs.

I'm sure they wouldn't come out and say it just like that, but when writing the ATI/Gothard summary I took my parents IBLP medical journals and yes it pretty much teaches that. Getting that medical journal was one of the things that lead my parents out of ATI because I had a brother who died shortly after birth and Gothard blames the mother for that sort of thing.

OMG that's horrifying!!! It is sooo sad that people would say such things - and others believe them and end up feeling guilty :(

Gothard must be full of sin and shit then, no helpmeet, no blessings, ... (Dammit!! now I really want to read that twisted "medical" journal!)

But I also wondered about what happens if you just can't have children.. my aunt had eight miscarriages before my cousin was born and she still is an only child, it just wasn't possible to have more. I assume they are bad people, I better break ties! :roll:

What if Josh and Anna stop at 3?

"Look! We accept black people! We're not racist at all!

b97a81689d1111e192e91231381b3d7a_7.jpg

Actually, I think they may be some of the Vanderhoff's adopted children.

Sunshine, the Duggars believe in and give money to a fucked up cult. I hope you think long and hard about what you like about their beliefs and why you consider yourself a fan of theirs.

I was afraid the answer would be something like that. Sick, sick, sick. Thanks for the insight, formergothardite.

I know some people think I'm annoying when I bitch at people for being Duggar fans or saying that they like the Duggars, but these people support such horrible things. So if you are going to be a fan of theirs at least do all of us a favor and admit that you admire people who believe abusive, fucked up, cult like things. I really have no patience for Duggar fans anymore.

I don't want to get FJ in trouble by scanning and posting copies of IBLP's medical journals and finding proof of these things online is pretty hard. When writing the summary, I tried to only post things I could easily prove by linking online so people don't just have to take my word for it.

I know some people think I'm annoying when I bitch at people for being Duggar fans or saying that they like the Duggars, but these people support such horrible things. So if you are going to be a fan of theirs at least do all of us a favor and admit that you admire people who believe abusive, fucked up, cult like things. I really have no patience for Duggar fans anymore.

I don't want to get FJ in trouble by scanning and posting copies of IBLP's medical journals and finding proof of these things online is pretty hard. When writing the summary, I tried to only post things I could easily prove by linking online so people don't just have to take my word for it.

Thank you for the insights into ATI. It really is disgusting what Gothard teaches, and I don't think you're being a bitch for pointing out what gross beliefs the Duggars have. Even if they don't believe everything Gothard teaches, they support his cult financially.

When it comes to Duggar fans, I have noticed that there are different factions in the Duggar fanbase. There are some fans who are fundie or evangelical types and they are fully aware of the Duggars' beliefs. Then there is the faction of fans that are completely clueless about the dark side of the Duggars's beliefs. These are the fans that have eaten up the "always happy" image of the Duggars. They don't see the sexism or other problems that go with the Duggars. My friend has an employee who fits into the clueless faction. She thinks the Duggars are happy 24/7 and she has defended Michelle a few times. I've tried to tell her about the Duggars being connected to Gothard/ATI and the dark side of the quivefull movement and she refuses to listen. I honestly fell bad for this particular woman, but she is one of the types of people that the Duggars would dislike. She has a hearing impairment and she received social security disability and other forms of government assistance years ago. She is the only child of divorced lapsed Jew parents. I can't see the Duggars ever liking someone who admits to having received government assistance.

The clueless faction of Duggar fans also includes people who are mainstream Christians and some atheists. I remember a poster on twop or IMDB said she was an atheist and she tried defending the Duggars. She used the whole" they aren't on assistance and the kids look happy" excuses. The clueless faction pisses me more than the fundie/evangelical faction. The clueless faction refuses to read up about the Duggars beliefs and I remember on IMDB someone once posted a link to No Longer Quivering and a few people got turned off by the Duggas and QF movement after reading some of Vyckie's stuff. I remember here on FJ, someone posted about several mainstream churches warning people about QF, ATI, and VF. I do hope that some of the clueless fans eventually do their research or at least see realize how stunted the Duggars kids are.

If someone has made it here and still says they are a Duggar fan, then they must have read something about the dark side of the Duggars, but apparently just don't give a shit. I'm assuming from her past posts(and could be wrong) that Sunshine is fundie or fundie-lite and that is why she likes the Duggars. I am still curious as to what she agrees with them about.

I started watching the Duggars when Jackson was born. Wasn't shocked by the number of kids because I have 3 aunts who had over 10 kids. It wasn't until Josh's engagement that I became troubled by their beliefs. The whole saving the 1st kiss & pieces of the heart, are ridiculous to me! I bet if Josh had decided to kiss b4 marriage, the others would do the same. The younger bunch now has all this pressure to follow his lead & that sucks! Their own parents & grandparents kissed b4 marriage.

Wasn't it a "real" church that JB dissed his own pop in last year? I wonder how his mom felt about that? I don't even know them personally & it made me uncomfortable hearing what he said. Was he trying say he turned out to be a better dad? I wonder why they just don't buy a building instead of renting buildings for church?

I started watching the Duggars when Jackson was born. Wasn't shocked by the number of kids because I have 3 aunts who had over 10 kids. It wasn't until Josh's engagement that I became troubled by their beliefs. The whole saving the 1st kiss & pieces of the heart, are ridiculous to me! I bet if Josh had decided to kiss b4 marriage, the others would do the same. The younger bunch now has all this pressure to follow his lead & that sucks! Their own parents & grandparents kissed b4 marriage.

Wasn't it a "real" church that JB dissed his own pop in last year? I wonder how his mom felt about that? I don't even know them personally & it made me uncomfortable hearing what he said. Was he trying say he turned out to be a better dad? I wonder why they just don't buy a building instead of renting buildings for church?

The JB dissing his dad incident did happen at a real church. It happened in another state though, I think it was in Wisconsin. An FJer and her relative attended that speaking event. There was a thread on it and I'll try to find it.

What the heck do they think church is, a country club?! You'd think a church would WANT anyone and everyone to come, since they're trying to convert the world and whatnot. I've even heard it argued that you can't send out invites to a wedding/it is acceptable to crash a wedding because "it's really a church service and you can't deny people entry from the house of the lord." It's just one more example of what special snowflakes the Duggars are.

It's basically the Masons with kids.

Does anyone up here got the guts to attend one of these church services? It would be nice to hear a non-fundie point of view regarding their church membership. I guess you have to know a friend of a friend to get an invite.

I would totally take one for the team if I lived in Arkansas. I would have to sit in the back though to hide my chuckling and eye rolling. Plus I want to be near a door if I have to vomit.

:clap: :clap: :clap: (Just liking was not really enough.)

I would add that I don't see why the children have to be your own to be a blessing. My students are a blessing - all 150+ of them. I think that, if asked, I could tell you a lot more about each one of them than whether or not they like pickles!

Yes! That's how I feel about my 27 eight-year-olds as well! :D

When it comes to Duggar fans, I have noticed that there are different factions in the Duggar fanbase. There are some fans who are fundie or evangelical types and they are fully aware of the Duggars' beliefs. Then there is the faction of fans that are completely clueless about the dark side of the Duggars's beliefs. These are the fans that have eaten up the "always happy" image of the Duggars. They don't see the sexism or other problems that go with the Duggars. My friend has an employee who fits into the clueless faction. She thinks the Duggars are happy 24/7 and she has defended Michelle a few times. I've tried to tell her about the Duggars being connected to Gothard/ATI and the dark side of the quivefull movement and she refuses to listen. I honestly fell bad for this particular woman, but she is one of the types of people that the Duggars would dislike. She has a hearing impairment and she received social security disability and other forms of government assistance years ago. She is the only child of divorced lapsed Jew parents. I can't see the Duggars ever liking someone who admits to having received government assistance.

The clueless faction of Duggar fans also includes people who are mainstream Christians and some atheists. I remember a poster on twop or IMDB said she was an atheist and she tried defending the Duggars. She used the whole" they aren't on assistance and the kids look happy" excuses. The clueless faction pisses me more than the fundie/evangelical faction. The clueless faction refuses to read up about the Duggars beliefs and I remember on IMDB someone once posted a link to No Longer Quivering and a few people got turned off by the Duggas and QF movement after reading some of Vyckie's stuff. I remember here on FJ, someone posted about several mainstream churches warning people about QF, ATI, and VF. I do hope that some of the clueless fans eventually do their research or at least see realize how stunted the Duggars kids are.

I also hate the liberal clueless fraction of Duggar fans the most. I actually have a friend who told me because she is pro-choice that means she can't complain about anyone's reproductive choices. However I'm sure the Duggars would have a lot of REALLY nasty things to say about somebody who has had an abortion.

I also hate the liberal clueless fraction of Duggar fans the most. I actually have a friend who told me because she is pro-choice that means she can't complain about anyone's reproductive choices. However I'm sure the Duggars would have a lot of REALLY nasty things to say about somebody who has had an abortion.

I agree, the Duggars would definitely say nasty things about someone who has an abortion. I think the only faction of the fanbase the Duggars truly like are their fundie Christian fans. The Duggars have made money off their mainstream Christian fanbase. They have spoken at mainstream Christian conferences and mainstream megachurches. They probably dislike some of the people they come into contact with at those events . Mullet loathes the mainstream women who have smaller families or who have college educations. Boob probably dislikes the mainstream Christian teens and 20 somethings who aren't controlled 24/7 by their parents.

As for the more liberal cluess faction, the Duggars know they exist and they probably play sweet to keep those fans. When it comes down to it, I think the clueless fans are people who don't scratch the surface or notice when things look off. It amazes me that the clueless fans don't see how stunted the Duggars kids are. All of them are stunted to various extents. Jackson and Johanna both come off as a babyish for their ages. Jill, Jessa, and Jinger are smug and you can tell how naive they are on certain subjects. Jessa, Jinger, and Jana have no work experience outside the home. Jana did work Gothard HQ for a very short period. It is also cringeworthy when Duggar fans label the Duggar kids as "responsible".

It amazes me how many totally normal people will say they like the Duggars and when I ask what exactly they like about the Duggars they usually say something like "They are such good parents." I sometimes wonder if they are watching the same show I am. The Duggars are up there with Kate in being horrible parents.

I would totally take one for the team if I lived in Arkansas. I would have to sit in the back though to hide my chuckling and eye rolling. Plus I want to be near a door if I have to vomit.

I bet getting into the church service is hard. Even if we knew where it was, they probably would not let anyone they don't approve of in. It would be funny to secretly video tape trying to visit their "church" service because I bet Jim Bob acts totally different when he doesn't think cameras are around.

It amazes me how many totally normal people will say they like the Duggars and when I ask what exactly they like about the Duggars they usually say something like "They are such good parents." I sometimes wonder if they are watching the same show I am. The Duggars are up there with Kate in being horrible parents.

Like I said before, some people don't scratch the surface or notice when things are off. I believe that some people are more instinctive than others. Years ago when the Duggars had their pre-series documentaries, I thought they were nice people. I remember watching the 14 kids and documentary when I was 19. Back then, I was in dark about certain things regarding fundies and I really didn't notice how screwed up their buddy system is. I was 23 when the regular show started and during the first season, I noticed that certain things were off with the Duggars. I started doing more research on the QF movement and I then finally realized how messed up their lifestyle is. My mom and aunt told me that they have watched the Duggar show a few times and they didn't like the Duggars. I remember my mom saying something about Michelle giving her bad vibes.

Archived