IGNORED

Found a Blog from a member of the "Church of Duggar"

silverspoons

b97a81689d1111e192e91231381b3d7a_7.jpg

I believe this picture was around mothers day so she probably had a lot to say on the subject. You can also see how, with time, they "upgraded" to benches for totally stackable chairs. I wonder what failed religious organization he bought those from.

I'm also fascinated by the projector thats in a lot of the pics. Do you think they're watching Gothard videos? I cant think of any other reason a "church" would need to run pictures of people during a service.

872f2466c92611e19c6622000a1e89ba_7.jpg

Look up on the wall, thats definitely a man in a suit being projected.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's exactly right. I can't think of any other "freedom" she could possibly be referring to, other than not being precluded from engaging in political activities.

Usually in churches, there are people who have different political views so being netural on the issue on who to vote for is a good thing. That is more freeing than feeling pressured or swayed to vote for someone the Duggar's approve of.

Didn't anyone else see that they have a donation link on their blog to pay off a medical bill? I wonder what the Duggars think about that situation.

Their little ones, for the most part, are very well behaved in church. We know this is probably due to Michelle's blanket training. Now, that does not mean ALL of the kids in church sit like little statues and never make a peep. This church is LOUD. It's not Pentecostal loud. It's BABY loud! : ) All through the service, well....you had just better be a parent who is used to tons of noise if you want to hear what is going on! We absolutely love this. The children are allowed to be normal children, and that's just fine with everyone. : ) If they get too crazy, someone will eventually take them outside to just RUN!!! So fun!

:think: so wait a minute... I thought they did the blanket training to teach the little rugrats to sit still and not bother anybody with things like childish energy. It seems totally contradictory to say she blanket trains them so that they'll be still in church, but then to be like "oh they're just kids, we don't mind if they're noisy and restless. We'll even excuse them from the service totally to go run around and play if they just want to play. Don't you dare expect a nursery though!" My point: blanket training is the opposite of "We absolutely love this. The children are allowed to be normal children, and that's just fine with everyone."

That sounds scarily like a family church I went to as a teen. It consisted of a few families meeting in a church, and the dads would take turns giving the message (which for most of them was reading straight from the Bible with no commentary in a slow, monotone voice). At the first meeting, one young wife asked if women were allowed to speak.

And yes, on special days, the little kids would go to the front and sing. The noise from the kids was not too big an issue as they would usually fall asleep in the pews (monotone voice and all that). And there was indeed a potluck afterwards.

Reading that the Duggar's "home"church requires an email invite ( :roll: ) makes me think of Jimmy Carter. Carter teaches Sunday School at Maranatha Baptist in Plains, Georgia. The public is welcome to attend. He speaks to everyone afterwards, because he fully lives the life he believes in.

Meanwhile the Duggars, who've been handed a huge platform to expose their faith, require invites.

First, awesome find, Silverspoons!

Second, is anyone else picking up some snarky undertones in that piece? I mean, using blanket training when the Duggars have backed off of that; focusing on "escaping" and how they just. won't. let. you. praisethelord. It just seems like the author is subtly making fun of the Duggars in front of their noses.

Third, I am now fully convinced that it's a cult. Not having open doors or having to be "worthy" to get to a certain level (a la LDS and Scientology) is full-on cult as far as I'm concerned.

Fourth, that advice to the widow? Put kids in school and get a job? That was some legit advice right there. Legit. Maybe even straight from the mouth of God legit.

First, awesome find, Silverspoons!

Second, is anyone else picking up some snarky undertones in that piece? I mean, using blanket training when the Duggars have backed off of that; focusing on "escaping" and how they just. won't. let. you. praisethelord. It just seems like the author is subtly making fun of the Duggars in front of their noses.

Third, I am now fully convinced that it's a cult. Not having open doors or having to be "worthy" to get to a certain level (a la LDS and Scientology) is full-on cult as far as I'm concerned.

Fourth, that advice to the widow? Put kids in school and get a job? That was some legit advice right there. Legit. Maybe even straight from the mouth of God legit.

I agree with this.

The email invite... now I fucking want one and I want to post it all over the fucking internetz for the leghumpers.

Is there a secret handshake too?

The email invite... now I fucking want one and I want to post it all over the fucking internetz for the leghumpers.

Is there a secret handshake too?

Yup, there is probably a secret handshake and speshul modest underwear.

Somebody should expose this blog post to the media. I wonder how much attention the blanket training would get, and if Michelle would deny it?

If they're holding non-tax exempt "church" in empty storefronts, are they still writing off the house as a church?

They've never written the house off as a church. We've reviewed their property taxes and various people have reported on it not being exempt. The home "church" exemption story is a bogus internet rumor that will not die.

Didn't anyone else see that they have a donation link on their blog to pay off a medical bill? I wonder what the Duggars think about that situation.

Yes, it was mentioned a few times in previous posts.

They've never written the house off as a church. We've reviewed their property taxes and various people have reported on it not being exempt. The home "church" exemption story is a bogus internet rumor that will not die.

Good to know

Yes! Yes, I did and brought it up above. Nurse Nell and I were talking about it and the husband's illness. I'm more interested in discussing Proverbs Woman than the Duggars at the moment. Frankly, I know what I think of the Duggars and their home church, but this woman is pissing me off in her own right and I'd like to talk about her more. ;)

This LOLCHURCH is so full of fail, it's not even funny. A real church, no matter what the religion is, welcomes you no matter what.

And Proverbs Woman is a bitch.

I don't think the girl in the blue blouse is a Duggar, but she is pretty scary! lol

I think the family with the 21 children is the one who adopted the special needs kids? I think they've been on the show a couple of times. There is a little one who uses a walker and I believe one has Down syndrome. IIRC, they moved from out of state.

I think their name is Vanderhoff.

You need an invite to go to Club Duggar? Wow, how very Christian of them. Does the invite also include a super secret password to get through the doors? The Duggars really are up themselves.

I can almost understand why they are hesitant to invite people they don't know. Some of the leghumpers are crazy, if I were Michelle I would be worried that some random fan would glean a howler or two while they were gettin' their Jesus on at church.

But the smug way that the "proverbs woman" discusses invites is a huge turnoff. It sounds like the secrecy is less about protecting the privacy of the Duggars and their flock, and more about shutting out the lepers.

Josh Duggar: He doesn't need any of your fancy "microphones".

Not shocked. :lol:

We all know Josh blows enough hot air to actually heat the place during the cooler months.

Puh-lease. The Duggars sit in the back not to be modest, but because they are self-centered douches who operate "Duggar time." If they could make it there on time you know they'd feel they deserve the front row. They probably sulk because the others don't automatically leave them open for them.

edited for phone riffles

Not very Christian, and the (who this church is for) is uh.....well a doctrine of man.

And this is a little OT but (deals with their church or odd beliefs) i and probably many people have a question for JB & M; if they are soooooo concerned with purity and focus soooooo intently on whats between a woman's legs why do they ship their daughters off to Gothards Journey, when they know or should know about Billy's sexual proclivities or particular appetites (wink wink) plus the laundry list of accusations about him and his brother??? 2+1=5......something doesn't add up. :think:

Because they think that if these teenage girls didnt dress immodestly (even if its wearing a frumper which is just a little too tight, or showing an ankle) Gothard wouldnt have had to molest them.

Thats if they know what he is like. I imagine most of them havent looked it up, and if any of them heard that Gothard is a pervert they would think that it was just the evil non fundies making up lies because a man of God wouldnt do that, or that the girls that made the accusations were bad girls who are out to ruin their religion and probably posessed by Satan.

Archived