IGNORED

Massive fan petition demands return of the Bateses

Buzzard

http://twitition.com/qrs9p

And by "massive" I mean 10 people.

If you fell in love with United Bates of America & miss watching it on @TLC then sign this and help bring back The Bates

BATESES!!!!!!!!

The people that "signed" are interesting... including this homeschooling mom of 8 who believes a woman should build up her husband as a leader with "submission and respect."

proverbs14verse1.blogspot.com/p/about.html

She reminds me quite a bit of "bealivingsacrifice" sherry. God, I miss that krazy!

I'm a little surprised that Bayley, the famous authoress and collage maker extraordinaire hasn't signed yet. ;)

Edited: Riffles and word salad.

I think you have to have more signatories than there are Bateses before this gets any traction.

I am somewhat afraid that I'm distantly related to the Bateseseseseses but I suppose Bates is a fairly common name. Right? Please say I'm right.

If I had to choose between a Bateses return to television or another season of the Duggars, I would choose a Bateses return. There is something about the Bateses that doesn't bother me like the Duggars do. The kid seem to be less smug than the Duggar kids. I don't think this petition will help.

If I had to choose between a Bateses return to television or another season of the Duggars, I would choose a Bateses return. There is something about the Bateses that doesn't bother me like the Duggars do.

But that's precisely why the Bates family shall never return to prime time. They were just a less snarkable, slightly more likeable version of the early Duggars and nothing about them is too interesting. Casual viewers of the Duggars are familiar with the basic history of the family by now. They know Hannie and Jackson, have heard the details of poor Josie's story, and are curious about the older daughters, and all of this might keep the show hanging on for another go around or two. The Duggars have already shown people what it's like to raise 19 kids, and there is nothing else the Bateses can really bring to the table.

But that's precisely why the Bates family shall never return to prime time. They were just a less snarkable, slightly more likeable version of the early Duggars and nothing about them is too interesting. Casual viewers of the Duggars are familiar with the basic history of the family by now. They know Hannie and Jackson, have heard the details of poor Josie's story, and are curious about the older daughters, and all of this might keep the show hanging on for another go around or two. The Duggars have already shown people what it's like to raise 19 kids, and there is nothing else the Bateses can really bring to the table.

Erin's wedding. That's something the Duggars can't offer.

I would much rather see the Bates then Duggars. I can't imagine Gil and Kelly are asking for alot of money. The first season was only 8 episodes on at a bad time. I would rather watch Erin courtship then Grand Duggar #3.

No, but hardly anyone outside of these sorts of boards knows or cares who she is. And the Duggars have already done two fundie weddings. Yawn.

I agree with the bateses being slighlty more likeable, but they are cut from the same cloth. There was teh green hair thing and the car looked like a drug dealer's incident. The Duggars were more likeable, too ,at first. I'd prefer not to see any of them.

Absolutely agree they're basically cut from the same cloth, but I still find them more interesting to watch. I don't think, for example, that any more Duggars are going to be courting soon - it would highly surprise me if a J'Slave got married in the near or even near-ish future. The Bateses, on the other hand, have shown (through Zach's failed courtship, Erin's current courtship, etc) that they don't seem to be as picky in terms of letting their male OR female children court. There's much more potential of things actually happening on a Bates show, whereas the Duggars show the same boring non-events all the time.

Absolutely agree they're basically cut from the same cloth, but I still find them more interesting to watch. I don't think, for example, that any more Duggars are going to be courting soon - it would highly surprise me if a J'Slave got married in the near or even near-ish future. The Bateses, on the other hand, have shown (through Zach's failed courtship, Erin's current courtship, etc) that they don't seem to be as picky in terms of letting their male OR female children court. There's much more potential of things actually happening on a Bates show, whereas the Duggars show the same boring non-events all the time.

The Duggars view themselves as Royalty and expect to be treated as such. They are truly "waiting for prince charming" for some of their girls. They are looking to marry someone that can continue Boob's hold in ATI/Gothardland and probably put some of them in leadership positions in the next generation. "Just any boy/girl" isnt good enough for them. Unless you have something more than "love" to bring to the table, it aint happening.

The Bateses seem willing to let their kids marry whoever they please. They arent looking to up their status, just get them out of the house and start popping out teh babeez for jebus.

I wont rule out a VSE for Erin's wedding. I think there is small interest there. Most of the fundies that watch the show want to see a big to do, something to look forward to, discuss the dress etc. Erin is pretty... they could totally pimp her out to SYTTD fundie style and cake boss... but I dont know that she WANTS the type of wedding TLC would want. Unlike the Duggars, I dont know that they are willing to whore themselves out for money and free shit.

I find the Bates a bit more likeable than the Duggars but don't count me as a big fan. For me, it comes down to finding Kelly more likable and more involved with her kids compared to Michelle however can't stand Gil. Education is allowed (however limited) and the kids can court who they are interested in. And Gil and Kelly have shown some willingness to learn from experience and adjust as in the case of Zach's failed courtship. However, it's still patriarchy which limits the prospects for the girls and the boys are not encouraged in any way to get adequate education / training / work experience so they can the support the big families they are expected to have.

One really big dislike for me was Erin not being allowed to attend a regular college on a scholarship. I know it's presented as being her decision but in reality, wasn't it Gil that nixed it? Anyone know?

If my dad nixed a full scholarship for me, I would be seriously and permanently pissed.

Poor old Lawson will be paying for that, unless Gilly can get his fat backside into gear...

I find the Bates a bit more likeable than the Duggars but don't count me as a big fan. For me, it comes down to finding Kelly more likable and more involved with her kids compared to Michelle however can't stand Gil. Education is allowed (however limited) and the kids can court who they are interested in. And Gil and Kelly have shown some willingness to learn from experience and adjust as in the case of Zach's failed courtship. However, it's still patriarchy which limits the prospects for the girls and the boys are not encouraged in any way to get adequate education / training / work experience so they can the support the big families they are expected to have.

One really big dislike for me was Erin not being allowed to attend a regular college on a scholarship. I know it's presented as being her decision but in reality, wasn't it Gil that nixed it? Anyone know?

If my dad nixed a full scholarship for me, I would be seriously and permanently pissed.

I feel the same way. Kelly is huge part of why I find the Bateses more likable than the Duggars. I agree on Gil, I haven't been able to stand him since they did that Primetime episode back in 2011.

Naw, Erin's wedding can be a Duggar special, like Prissy's was. Tlc can throw the happy couple 10k and they'll be happy. Unless John finds a bride soon, it's going to be a long time before we see another Duggar wedding...

Naw, Erin's wedding can be a Duggar special, like Prissy's was. Tlc can throw the happy couple 10k and they'll be happy. Unless John finds a bride soon, it's going to be a long time before we see another Duggar wedding...

Prissy's wedding was a Duggar episode. I think J'Chelle would eat her spanx before she'd let her family be filmed attending a Bates wedding without being paid. A VSE may have contract implications for the Duggars.

Erin played the piano at Smuggar's wedding, I'm quite sure without TLC paying. I wonder how the Duggars would feel about playing second fiddle without pay to the Bateses on teevee

Erin played the piano at Smuggar's wedding, I'm quite sure without TLC paying. I wonder how the Duggars would feel about playing second fiddle without pay to the Bateses on teevee

No way would they go for it. Any TV time has to come with $$$.

Personally, I hope Erin has a completely private wedding without TLC involvement. Yeah, I know she and Chad could probably use the money and I don't particularly like her, but I think she deserves to have her big day without film crews running around, having aspects of her wedding staged for the TV audience, and most of all having the Duggars, yet again, jostle to get in front of the TV cameras. And, please, please, Erin, don't let them play their violins!! You are a musician, you want actual players (and you have to know a few) who can play, not screech!

The Bateses seem more grounded not following politicians around etc. I wondered if the show continued would they be taking all the free trips. And would anay of the Batse girl ever turn down a courtship? Kelly said once they wouldn't do a reality show.That kinda tuned me off.

The Bateses seem more grounded not following politicians around etc. I wondered if the show continued would they be taking all the free trips. And would anay of the Batse girl ever turn down a courtship? Kelly said once they wouldn't do a reality show.That kinda tuned me off.

The Bates have said if a parent doesn't agree with the progress of the courtship, then must end. I am assuming they tell the daughter and the father notify the guy...maybe this happened with Sarah. I know the Bates ended a possible courtship involving michaela because they felt 16 was too young.

I thought this had to do with Mr. Bates getting released from jail on Sunday nite's Downton Abbey. Oh well.

Archived