IGNORED

I found Jesus at Walmart!

FundiesInMyFamily

I found Jesus @ Walmart this morning! I was perusing the hand lotion isle, and laying in an empty spot was a tract! Never found one of these before.

On the front is a really bloody Jesus on the cross and it says "All this I did for thee". The best part is the back - there are check boxes, one says "I choose to trust Jesus as my savior", and the other box says "I choose to reject Jesus and keep my way", the top says in all caps "WHAT IS YOUR DECISION??" . Very nice of them to give me a choice! Its stamped from the Mile High Baptist Church, and was published by the 'Fellowship Tract League".

Exciting times @ Walmart

I think that Wal-mart is definitely fundie approved. I would go myself but I am waiting for Tropical storm Don to hit. My area won't be in his path but we do expect a ton of rain and possibly some street flooding.

I'm jealous. I went to Walmart this morning and didn't find anything fun. Unless you count the opened bags of candy that I imagine someone definitely had fun doing.

I'll admit that I'm immature. I would have totally drawn dirty things on the tract and put it back (high enough a little kid couldn't reach it)

Guest Anonymous
I don't think they would mind the dirty drawing. How did you think they got the name "Mile High"?

They were members of the Mile High Club before they saw the light and reformed.

How did you think they got the name "Mile High"?

LOL! That can go more than one way these days, we have legal medical marijuana too! I could have jesus smokin a fattie!!

They were members of the Mile High Club before they saw the light and reformed.

ROFL.

I just have to add I would have written freejinger.org on the bottom of the sheet and put it back. :whistle:

I was shopping one day and a booklet ended up in one of my bags. It was strange because I keep an eye on my stuff and none of the sales people put it in there.

I was shopping one day and a booklet ended up in one of my bags. It was strange because I keep an eye on my stuff and none of the sales people put it in there.

Jesus must have sneaked it in when you weren't looking ;)

Jesus must have sneaked it in when you weren't looking ;)

LOL I was a little freaked out!

I thought this thread was that you went into Walmart and found Jesus hiding in a clothes rack. :shock: Because so many people have come up to me asking if I found Jesus and it does seem to me that he is hiding from them... or they lost him somehow. But you didn't find Jesus, just a stupid tract. Now what am I going to tell those people when they ask if I found Jesus? I am just going to have to keep looking. This guy is harder to find than Waldo. :cry:

Imagine if Jesus went to Walmart for real. Picture Him walking up and down the aisles, talking to the people, healing some and giving advice to others. Walmart would be a good place for him to go.

Hey is it against the law for people- okay actually it was children from a family standing outside wal-mart handing out tracts? It happened to my daughter. She was 4 at the time and she was being led into wal-mart by me and the little girl who was like 9 said to her' you need to save your soul NOW!" She handed her like a religious coloring page book tract. My husband and I were ticked off but they said it was there right to 'save' them and I said 'she is a little girl" and the moms response is "we have to start with the young because you (I guess she was really saying 'adults' don't listen to the voice of God" Still ticks me off when I think of it. Happened about a year ago

God you guys are making me laugh so hard... I'm having a hard time keeping quiet, cause I'm in a public (almost typed pubic) place, and I have tears streaming down my face.

Hey is it against the law for people- okay actually it was children from a family standing outside wal-mart handing out tracts? It happened to my daughter. She was 4 at the time and she was being led into wal-mart by me and the little girl who was like 9 said to her' you need to save your soul NOW!" She handed her like a religious coloring page book tract. My husband and I were ticked off but they said it was there right to 'save' them and I said 'she is a little girl" and the moms response is "we have to start with the young because you (I guess she was really saying 'adults' don't listen to the voice of God" Still ticks me off when I think of it. Happened about a year ago

I don't know if it is. have read many news stories involving different groups religious and non-religious handing tracts, pamplets, etc at stores for different reasons and in those cases, sometimes certain laws in some areas gave stores, owners and managers the right to not allow religious groups/churches from handing out things to people. I also understand your anger. My cousin and her kids were in a similar situation outside a restaurant near a strip mall. A Christian youth group was handing out tracts to encourage kids to believe in Jesus and God. She converted to Judaism years before marrying her husband, so this annoyed her a lot because she hates the lack of respect for non-Christians in certain situations.

For the record... I choose to reject Jesus and keep my way. I don't think he would approve of being seeded in walmart!

ok, you got me, i'm guilty. i have actually done that when i was younger and still totally immersed in religion.

I used the washroom in Walmart about 2 weeks ago and there was a track on top of the toilet holder, I picked it up going not know at first what it was. The funny part was someone had seen it before me, because they had written "call for a better time ###" I had a good laugh about it and told the guy friend I was with about it. He said I should have added my two cents but I didn't have a pen. :)

Archived