IGNORED

Feminism has killed more women than the holocaust

Koala

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly (in comments):

Technically, women not being allowed to vote wasn’t a bad thing. It was never that “men can vote but women can’tâ€. It was simply that households, united in purpose and thought, voted. The feminist used that and twisted it, to further their perceived inequality.
:angry-steamingears:

It was never that “men can vote but women can’tâ€. It was simply that households, united in purpose and thought, voted.

And if the woman and the man weren't united, the woman was freely equal to shut her mouth, go in the kitchen, and make the man a sandwich before he went to vote how he wanted to.

And if the woman and the man weren't united, the woman was freely equal to shut her mouth, go in the kitchen, and make the man a sandwich before he went to vote how he wanted to.

Or, if the woman's husband passed away, her household would simply not get a vote until she remarried

Wanting equal rights and pay= systematically killing millions of people based on their ethnicity/religion/sexual orientation/political ideals. O-okay... :shock: :roll:

Or, if the woman's husband passed away, her household would simply not get a vote until she remarried

That's just God's way of ensuring she'll have the incentive needed to get a new headship quickly before she turns to, you know, lesbianism or whoring or something.

Kelly (in comments):

Don't you just love revisionist history? Technically, women not being allowed to vote meant exactly that men can vote but women can't. If your household consisted of 2 parents and 2 sons of legal age to vote your household had 3 votes. If your household consisted of 2 parents and 2 daughters your household had 1 vote. If your household did not have a man of legal age to vote because the woman was alone for any reason the household had no vote.

It's wonderful that you think everything was hunky dory "back in the day" but actually crack open a history book once in awhile. You might be surprised what you can learn when you open your mind. :evil:

Don't you just love revisionist history? Technically, women not being allowed to vote meant exactly that men can vote but women can't. If your household consisted of 2 parents and 2 sons of legal age to vote your household had 3 votes. If your household consisted of 2 parents and 2 daughters your household had 1 vote. If your household did not have a man of legal age to vote because the woman was alone for any reason the household had no vote.

It's wonderful that you think everything was hunky dory "back in the day" but actually crack open a history book once in awhile. You might be surprised what you can learn when you open your mind. :evil:

Complete lack of critical thinking skills. I swear to god it's like the check their brains at the door.

I read this earlier, but I've been reading her blog recently. So after gems like this

Buy whole milk (raw milk’s the best, non-homogonized second-best) and stretch it by adding water. Experiment with the amount until you discover how much you can add without anyone noticing.

Like they did in Romanian orphanages?

When we felt the conviction for me to come home from my teaching career, my husband made 23,000 a year. We had two children and one on the way. Shortly after I quit my job, pro-ration caused Aaron to be laid off. Perfect timing, huh? So, he was forced, prematurely, into starting his own landscaping business. It proved quite profitable in the summer, but lagged greatly in the winter. Struggling to keep up, he worked tirelessly to solicit business, hoping “the next job†would get us through the drought.

Long story short, in two years we found ourselves over $32,000 in credit card debt! We had used them to live, thinking we’d pay off the balance after the “next big jobâ€, which never came. (I talk about the amazing nature of compound interest later in the post…if you don’t believe it, get yourself a credit card!)

Needless to say, creditors plagued our lives, with the added pressure of people wondering A. why I didn’t go back to work, and B. why on earth we were allowing God to give us as many children as He wanted!

23,000 dollars per year? That's £14,600 per annum. Not sure how much teachers earn in the US. But it is about twice that going upward here.

Your manly man should have stayed at home. :lol:

Kelly (in comments):

Horse hockey! No 'household' votes. Individual members of a household vote. Whether they are united or divided in their opinions, now each adult (non-felon) member gets a voice and a vote. Prior to that, regardless of what a woman thought, they got no true voice, no seat at the table. They were utterly dependent on a benevolent (or sometimes not) dictatorship of males to make the decisions. But that dictatorship didn't have to listen to a word they said if they didn't want so to do. So some (very) few women possibly got lucky. But countless others did not and had no protections whatsoever. Taking half the population and disenfranchising them, giving them no voice and no means by to back up that voice with a vote that way is dangerous because it creates a total power imbalance. We know that power corrupts...and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Sorry, but I'm not giving up my seat at the table and my individual voice in the dialogue in the name of some mythical familial 'unity' that may, but often does not, exist. If my conservative father doesn't like my vote, well then he's free to cast his own which could nullify it. If he does like my vote, then casting his in the same direction just gives our POV more oomph. Either way, I'm still not giving it up.

I guess I'm their worst nightmare: An educated, single, un-religious (but not un-churched), working, property-owning female capable of making up my own mind, and whose motto could be 'Don't Tread On Me'.

As for feminism, it didn't kill this woman. It made it so I didn't have to face a world where being pawed or ogled was considered 'just part of the job' and where my earnings are my own to spend as I see fit. It made it so that I could choose freely my field of study instead of limiting it to 'feminine' studies like nursing or teaching. It made the courts recognize that if someone hits me, it's actually a crime deserving of punishment. It does help force the world at large to recognize my humanity despite my not possessing a penis. Feminism doesn't ask for favors or special treatment. It simply says 'I. Am. Human. Too.'

I didn't see any statistics or links to back up that crazy-assed assessment.

She doesn't need statistics! She's got Jesus!!!!

Reading even brief excerpts of Kelly's writing makes me want to take printouts of it to class, so we can play "spot the logical fallacy."

Feminism has brought a steady increase in violent crimes against women.

It all makes perfect sense if you use fundie logic. A female refusal to submit is the source of all evil. So you can't re-phrase this into the active voice, and say, "Ever since we started demanding to be treated as equals, men have been killing us more and more." Because men are not to blame if they kill women. It must be the women's fault. By demanding to be treated as equal human beings, women have forced men to kill us. It wasn't their idea! They didn't want to kill us! We made them do it! They are the real victims here! QED.

Of course, there is the fact that she gives no proof that there's been an increase of crimes against women. Here in the US, I think violent crime has gone down, and incidents of women being murdered by their husbands/boyfriends have diminished due to the greater enforcement of domestic violence laws. Which I think was one of the goals of those awful feminists. Hmmm.

That's because she has nothing between her ears to conceive a logical thought. Being a fundie means getting to say whatever you want with out having to back it up with facts. She says it is true then it has to be logical.

eta clarity of thought

God and Christians have killed more woman then feminism has for sure.

Oh no, you see, those people weren't REAL Christians. I am sure that all those people that were part of the Crusades were athiests pretending to be Christians.

Statistics are the fingernails of the devil. The truly holy feel the truth of the lord in their souls.

Statistics are the fingernails of the devil. The truly holy feel the truth of the lord in their souls.

Math and science are in the same genre, the genre of EVIL.

Oh no, you see, those people weren't REAL Christians. I am sure that all those people that were part of the Crusades were athiests pretending to be Christians.

We've been playing a loooong game.

You know who spread the myth of Osiris to discredit Jesus? Yep, us again.

We've been playing a loooong game.

You know who spread the myth of Osiris to discredit Jesus? Yep, us again.

We buried the dinosaur bones to trick the Christians too.

Can't check something you never had.

True words.

Kelly's an idiot. I'm certain it's the opposite, unless she's somehow estimating about half of the "55 million aborted babies" to be girls that could have supposedly become women. Still, that's only about 27.5 million and isn't even cloes to the Holocaust numbers.

Even if you count domestic violence victims and women killed overseas in war, it still wouldn't come close to Holocaust numbers. An estimated 1300 women die each year via domestic violence. And so far, a rough estimate of 300 women have died in combat.

If we go as far as assuming car accidents driving to work, that gets tough. About 34,000 people died as a result of car accidents in 2009 (33,808 to be exact, but I'm estimating) according to the census. Assuming half were female, that's about 17,000, and since not all would be adult women or driving to or from work, the numbers would probably be about half of that. So let's say about 8500 women died going to or from work, very roughly, each year.

Assuming 40 years of feminism (going with the start of Roe v Wade, which they just love) would equal about 392, 300 women having died "because of feminism" and if we count abortion...27,892,300. Nope, not even close to hundreds of people in the holocaust. And I was really pushing it by adding abortion and car crash estimates.

:liar:

Archived