IGNORED

Feminism has killed more women than the holocaust

Koala

Oh damn it, I so feel the urge to make fun of that moron. Too bad I won't have computer access for a half week or I would have made a more serious effort with the parody blog. She has clearly lost touch with reality...It's like she is writing a parody of herself. But fuck you, Kelly. My babcia survived world war II, but she was forever marked from that period of her life. She had to have operations of her back, because the burden of work she had been forced to take during the war had forever damaged her back. She is actually still alive today and she considers life to be good. She lives at an old people's house. Thanks to the few years she was able to work outside of home, she was granted a retirement pension when she retired. Those money covers the care she receives today. That's thanks to feminism.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get it. How can a person like that have not just one, but two college degrees (a minor in marketing plus her degree as a teacher in English). How can you manage that if you have no critical thinking skills? Just, how? Is the quality of Christian colleges that bad?

I don't get it. How can a person like that have not just one, but two college degrees (a minor in marketing plus her degree as a teacher in English). How can you manage that if you have no critical thinking skills? Just, how? Is the quality of Christian colleges that bad?

Honestly, I think many Christian Colleges do not tery to teach critical thinking at all. English is probably read a book, right an essay summarizing the book, then on to the next book. Regurgitate what is in your textbooks and get an A! Of course, mainstream colleges would never let that fly.

Honestly, I think many Christian Colleges do not tery to teach critical thinking at all. English is probably read a book, right an essay summarizing the book, then on to the next book. Regurgitate what is in your textbooks and get an A! Of course, mainstream colleges would never let that fly.

I have a degree in Biology from a Methodist college. Not only were our basic Comp classes comparable and even better than others in the area, but to get my degree I had to take a full course on Evolution where it was taught as science and we were told to check our religion at the door and pick it up on the way out.

Edited to add: My Christian Ethics class was based entirely on the writings and sermons of William Sloane Coffin. One of said sermons was titled: Homophobia: The Last "Respectable" Prejudice.

It all makes perfect sense if you use fundie logic. A female refusal to submit is the source of all evil. So you can't re-phrase this into the active voice, and say, "Ever since we started demanding to be treated as equals, men have been killing us more and more." Because men are not to blame if they kill women. It must be the women's fault. By demanding to be treated as equal human beings, women have forced men to kill us. It wasn't their idea! They didn't want to kill us! We made them do it! They are the real victims here! QED.

Of course, there is the fact that she gives no proof that there's been an increase of crimes against women. Here in the US, I think violent crime has gone down, and incidents of women being murdered by their husbands/boyfriends have diminished due to the greater enforcement of domestic violence laws. Which I think was one of the goals of those awful feminists. Hmmm.

I would argue that feminism has made it more commonplace to report crimes. Often women were actively discouraged from reporting rape, domestic abuse, harassment. While this is still an issue today at least there's some chance of getting equal treatment under the law.

Math and science are in the same genre, the genre of EVIL.

It's totally OK to make up stats and lie if it is for God. Also it makes Kelly feel good and righteous so how can it be wrong?

It's so easy to lie with statistics that I'd take any Kelly threw at me with a whole shaker of salt.

Personally, growing up in Christian schools, we were taught critical thinking skills. And then the teachers taught us HOW to think critically. As in, "this is the conclusion that critical thinking will come to." It was very subtle.

However, my English class was not like that. I had a choice in high school (I never went to a Christian college, but I'm sure they're similar, at least on Planet Adventist) between literature and Grammar classes. I chose to take the grammar class. We were taught grammar, and not much else. I do remember discussing Shakespeare anyway, and it was more than just regurgitating information.

Sorry, should have clarified. Many mainstream Christian schools are awesome. I meant fundy/fundy-lite schools. Bob Jones, Liberty, Moody ect ect ect.

OMG when are these asshats going to stop comparing everything to the Holocaust? I'm not even Jewish and I'm deeply offended by this.

Sorry, should have clarified. Many mainstream Christian schools are awesome. I meant fundy/fundy-lite schools. Bob Jones, Liberty, Moody ect ect ect.

I went to a Christian college, but it's a Catholic college, founded by the School Sisters of St. Francis, so it's not really Christian. ;)

I think the reason why fundies and other right wing morons are able to convince their leg humpers they are correct even though they rarely use logic, reason, evidence, or statistics, is because they speak and write with conviction and confidence. They don't hem and haw. They don't look at an issue from several sides. They don't allow for acceptance and change of several sides of the debate. There is no compromise. Therefore, they sound "strong," and ultimately, "intelligent." Congressman Paul Ryan comes to mind when I think about this. So many people are convinced he is a financial expert even though his ideas would seriously cripple us. And it's not just lefties like economist Paul Krugman who believe this. Reagan's former budget director, David Stockman, thinks Ryan is full of shit:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/1 ... 76063.html

On-topic:

Like Paul Ryan, Kelly is a stupid person's idea of a smart person.

So, asking for the source of an outrageous statement cited as fact = must be too stupid to google.

Riiiight.

Maybe I should post my old rant on the subject of facts: http://jrkmommy-personalandpolitical.bl ... atter.html

This is such a pet peeve of mine. Have whatever opinions you want. You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to make up your own facts.

If you give me information, I will ask for your source. This is not an insult or attack. It is not a sign of disloyalty or disrespect. It doesn't mean that I am a knee-jerk whatever who is unwilling to consider your POV. It is a request for information. I ask for sources of information, because I not willing to automatically believe anything that someone says, no matter how wonderful or righteous or convincing they may be. My job involves checking and double-checking facts, and cross-examining people on their statements. Even smart professionals get stuff wrong, as I saw in a recent trial. There's no reason why your facts are immune.

One thing that I love about my folks is that they never had an issue with me doing this. Facts, learning and debate were respected. You were allowed to disagree, and if there was a dispute over facts, it was never taken personally and was generally resolved by pulling out a book or encyclopedia.

I think, in this case, it's probably a really good thing that she got fundie and decided to stop teaching other people's children. Think of the minds should could have warped.

And the advances in women's health, reproductive choices and overall empowerment brought about by feminism have clearly saved countless women's lives. And if you want data go to the UNWomen site...

The whole thong disturbs me deeply and makes me ill. I am not Jewish and I am deeply offended. When I was very young and up until I was in third grade, I would watch "The World at War" on PBS with my father. The show pulled no punches and showed actual film of the atrocities of Hitler and his followers. NOTHING compares to that.

In fact it lessens what people and their families went through.

Though feminism has been touted as “all about protecting womenâ€, feminism has killed more women than the holocaust and all other wars put together. Feminism has brought a steady increase in violent crimes against women.

This is really pissing me off. :angry-cussingblack:

Hey fundies, guess what? My step-grandfather was a POW and was captured helping hide a Jewish family in a barn. The nazis threatened if he didn't come out and surrender himself they would kill a French family. He'd be mighty pissed off at all of you fundies going around and comparing feminism, abortion, and God only knows what else to the holocaust!

There are good examples of comparison but yours is a fucking piss poor example!

I dare the lot of them to go to holocaust surviors and spout off what they spout in their blogs. Perhaps it's just easier to announce your hatrid of all things behind a computer monitor where no one else can see you?

Feminism isn't some evil living entity that's going around killing women.

New Rule:

Anybody who uses the word "Holocaust" in relation to anything BUT the Holocaust, should be shaved bald, and stuffed in a concrete cell with no light, sound, and forced to live on stale bread and water.

After being kicked in the butt with steel toed boots.

Asses.

The sad thing is, she would probably co-sign that.

Hmm yes. I just realized that the original will probably always sound crazier than any kind of parody ever could.

This is hysterical, and very cleverly written! You clearly know Kelly's blog. Great job!

OMG Generation Dinosour is so much win! The "We are all tools" post had me giggling enough to make my five year old ask me what was so funny!

"Because they should've submitted to their headships! If they've done that and gave birth to their little flowers, then everything would be fine! But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, women got the strange notion that they should be encouraged to do whatever they want to do, have 'careers' and 'GASP" vote! No wonder we have stupid laws letting whores get abortions and allowing those ebil gays to destroy the sancity of marriage. If we stopped voting ladies, then this country would be GREAT again!'

Dear Kelly:

Keeping everyone locked up that doesn't live up to your image of what a 'Christian' should be is not CHRISTIAN. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

Fundie bitch.

It all makes perfect sense if you use fundie logic. A female refusal to submit is the source of all evil. So you can't re-phrase this into the active voice, and say, "Ever since we started demanding to be treated as equals, men have been killing us more and more." Because men are not to blame if they kill women. It must be the women's fault. By demanding to be treated as equal human beings, women have forced men to kill us. It wasn't their idea! They didn't want to kill us! We made them do it! They are the real victims here! QED.

Of course, there is the fact that she gives no proof that there's been an increase of crimes against women. Here in the US, I think violent crime has gone down, and incidents of women being murdered by their husbands/boyfriends have diminished due to the greater enforcement of domestic violence laws. Which I think was one of the goals of those awful feminists. Hmmm.

There may be greater reported violence post-feminism, because now women feel safe actually reporting it. That doesn't mean it wasn't taking place before.

However, it figures that Kelly does not bring statistics into the picture, as she is just pulling claims out of her ass.

Archived