IGNORED

Man Carries Ar 15 In JCPenny's

debrand

I live in the South, where God and guns reign supreme, and this would freak people out.

A very young man of about twenty walked into my local Walmart with a sidearm on his hip. My husband and I told the greeter. She left to tell someone and never returned. We waited and waited. Finally, we walked over to the security guard. The woman sort of laughed at us like we were idiots and told us that they were aware of the man and he had a right to carry the weapon. Her attitude was very condescending. However, if the man had come in to shoot his girlfriend, people would have wondered why my husband and I didn't inform anyone.

I don't understand why a store would allow someone to enter who is more armed than their security guards.

What if he's walking around with his gun, and there's some other guy walking around with his own gun. And the first guy pisses off the second guy because he grabbed the last eagle print shirt off the clearance rack before he could get it, and the second guy pulls his gun and threatens the first guy? What then? What if I've got my gun and I see this about to happen and I rush over with my gun drawn?

I just don't think this ends well, and I don't think these nutjobs have thought this through. The only way they make any sense is that no one else has guns! The only other thing I can think of is that these yahoos believe they are a better shot than someone hell bent on killing a lot of folks. They've got a hero complex. They want to get in a GUNFIGHT. Fuck that.

I think you have to be a pretty big asshole to carry a gun like that around in public. What did he think would happen at JC Penneys that would necessitate a gun like that?

Lesbians buying bed linens? A gay couple looking at crock-pots?

If they thought he was Hispanic, he'd be the member of a drug cartel and would have to be deported.

If he appeared Middle Eastern, he would be a terrorist wanting to kill all white Americans for being white Americans. Send his ass to gitmo

If he was black, he must be a gangster who should be arrested

If he was Asian, he must be a lone gunman who needed to be arrested before he killed everyone

I honestly can't think of any nonEuropean race that wouldn't have been immediately put in prison for carrying a AR 15 into a store.

What is worse is that schools had to shut down because these gun carriers wanted to feel powerful.

If he had stopped and shot people, the media would want to know why no one stopped a man with an AR 15 from entering the store.

^^This. I don't know if colorado's an open carry state (don't think it is, I never see people with guns), but if these jackasses make it the norm to carry fucking assault rifles everywhere, what's to stop the Aurora shooting from happening again? If I ever saw someone carrying an AR-15, I would book it in the opposite direction because I would assume some crazy shit was about to go down. That's how it should be! Who's to say a loon who feels comfortable carrying an assault weapon in public places won't lose it and start shooting?

I'm sure the supporters would have felt no differently had the gun-toter been non-white. :eyeroll

Or how about some "brown" person wearing a turban and long robes.

Double post here, but since it is a different thought, maybe I'm ok. What I question is how do we know that the guy with the assault weapon wasn't going to start a mass shooting in the Penny's? Just because he open carries, doesn't necessarily make him a "good" guy. When I see a person carrying a gun like that, I automatically think this is a person who wants to kill something. There is no other reason for carrying a gun like that in a public place. Don't give me all that shit about target shooting and First Amendment rights, these guns are made for killing and nothing else. He's not hunting in that store, so why have it?

Double post here, but since it is a different thought, maybe I'm ok. What I question is how do we know that the guy with the assault weapon wasn't going to start a mass shooting in the Penny's? Just because he open carries, doesn't necessarily make him a "good" guy. When I see a person carrying a gun like that, I automatically think this is a person who wants to kill something. There is no other reason for carrying a gun like that in a public place. Don't give mI all that shit about target shooting and First Amendment rights, these guns are made for killing and nothing else. He's not hunting in that store, so why have it?

As someone who supports the second amendment strongly, has a LEO husband, is a member of a private shooting club AND owns the same weapon described... I'd have grabbed my kid and ran our asses as quickly as possible. That is just absurd. I live in an open carry state and it isn't uncommon to see those with handguns on a hip. I don't love it, because they tend to be d-bags who refuse to get the training for CCW (to conceal their weapon) just because it's their right. Whatever, let the crazy gunman you're protecting yourself against see thy you should be their first target.

Meant to include this in my previous reply, but in my state (a very pro-gun ownership state) it is illegal to carry (even with a CCW) into a mall... So while it's not necessarily illegal to carry any weapon as an open carry, it is by default illegal because of the location (the mall). It's kind of scary that it obviously isn't te case there!

If he did that over here he'd have swat teams on his back within minutes.

Ditto. And the front page of our local tabloid.

He'd still be in jail at the moment.

This would terrify me! I am a bit of an anti-gun person (being raised on a hippie commune tends to do that to you) but regardless, in this day and age of mass shootings, I would be frightened that a shooting would be about to happen. Did the gentleman think he had to hunt and shoot his JC Penny shirt?

Ditto. And the front page of our local tabloid.

He'd still be in jail at the moment.

I am not sure if you live in the states, but I am surpised at the number of states that allow open carry- there are 43. The only states (plus D.C.) that don't allow it are: Texas, Oklahoma, Washington D.C., Arkansas, Illinois, South Carolina, New York and Florida.

I am not sure if you live in the states, but I am surpised at the number of states that allow open carry- there are 43. The only states (plus D.C.) that don't allow it are: Texas, Oklahoma, Washington D.C., Arkansas, Illinois, South Carolina, New York and Florida.

Nope. I live in the country right up north, hence my "WTF??" comment.

Surprised at the states you mentionned: out of these I'd expect IL and NY not to allow open carry, plus DC...TX, FL, SC and AR? Aren't these full of pro 2nd amendment folks??

Nope. I live in the country right up north, hence my "WTF??" comment.

Surprised at the states you mentionned: out of these I'd expect IL and NY not to allow open carry, plus DC...TX, FL, SC and AR? Aren't these full of pro 2nd amendment folks??

I was quite surprised, too. I guess CCW is very common in those few states, but I am also surprised at some of the states that allow open carry- California? That one is very shocking to me considering the amount of gun and ammo restrictions that they hold.

I live in the South too, and the only time I've ever seen someone carry a gun over their shoulder is out in the woods hunting. If I saw something like that in Tiny Town, I would have a heart attack.

What an asshole! Of all the ways to prove his point and he decides to carry the same model weapon used to murder 20 children into a store where many people shopwith their children.

What an asshole! Of all the ways to prove his point and he decides to carry the same model weapon used to murder 20 children into a store where many people shopwith their children.

:text-yeahthat:

Archived