IGNORED

Man Carries Ar 15 In JCPenny's

debrand

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/st ... nulgw.cspx

I didn't know that it was legal to carry this type of weapon into a department store. It shouldn't be. How do you know that the man carrying the AR-15 is peaceful or going to shoot up the place? There is no way to know if you should call the police or ignore the person and go about your everyday shopping.

IVERDALE, Utah (ABC 4 News) – Cindy Yorgason took a picture of a man with an AR-15 strapped to his back inside a JCPenny store in Riverdale. The AR-15 stands for ArmaLite rifle, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation website.

The picture was taken Wednesday about four hours after President Obama called for a renewed ban on assault weapons.

“He had the AR swung over his shoulder. He had a hand gun in a holster on his right hip, and he had extra clips on his belt as well,†Yorgason said.

Other customers were pointing and making all sorts of faces in reaction to the gunman. "It was just something you don’t see everyday and I wanted to catch it and be able to share it with other people,†Yorgason said.

It’s legal to open carry a gun in Utah, but it must be unloaded and it must take two actions to fire.

The comments are interesting

I'm not sure what statement he was trying to make and it seems a bit excessive for self defense. I certainly wouldn't do It and prefer to conceal carry. If I saw him in the store I really wouldn't care how many guns he had and would not feel threatened in the least. People get so worked up. Not a big deal. He didn't shoot anyone did he?

jamforlife2013 - 7:26 PM

0 Votes

Report User

I really have never been pro gun, but if I was in the store. I would be fine with it. I would feel safe. I also feel that it would make robbers think twice. I would like to own a gun someday and I would like to take classes to learn gun safty. I also know if there was ever a day when a tank goes down the street without a american flag or symbols. These are the men and woman that will defend country along side the military. That is what makes are county so great and its because we have rights. take are rights away and we can say bye bye to freedom in america.

TOMMYGUNZZ79 - 7:19 PM

0 Votes

Report User So what assault riffel or not it's this simple the second ammendment was added for personal protection not hunting, if some came in to the mall that day and opend fire the people who live in a fantasy land about banning thease wepons is the answer thease people would be thanking their lucky stars that this man was there to save their asses to bad people don't see that if we take guns away from good people that this will solve any problems criminals don't get there weapons LEGALLY! 2nd amendment not for hunting it's for the right to protect yourself and family simple... tommydachef@yahoo.com if you have a real point I am all ears

We had two guys doing open carry of AR15s in PDX last week. Naturally it generated about 50 calls to the cops and a lock down of a preschool, but they were within the law.

We had two guys doing open carry of AR15s in PDX last week. Naturally it generated about 50 calls to the cops and a lock down of a preschool, but they were within the law.

Who cares?! They got to carry their guns, fuck everyone else's sense of safety and comfort! /end sarcasm

Who cares?! They got to carry their guns, fuck everyone else's sense of safety and comfort! /end sarcasm

And who is gonna argue with the guy at the Mall? He had an AR and a side arm.

I think you have to be a pretty big asshole to carry a gun like that around in public. What did he think would happen at JC Penneys that would necessitate a gun like that?

The side arm, I can vague see as "personal protection". But a gun that is sure to freak people out? In a mall?

I think you have to be a pretty big asshole to carry a gun like that around in public. What did he think would happen at JC Penneys that would necessitate a gun like that?

The side arm, I can vague see as "personal protection". But a gun that is sure to freak people out? In a mall?

This asshattery is happening all across the country in open carry states. The gun loonies are only asserting their constitutional right to bear arms. My smilies are broken or I would have inserted the rolly eye dude.

They are also using their right to be stupid. It does not help their cause It just freaks people out. It only promotes other fruitcakes like themselves. Like the duggers only really Witness to other fools like themselves.

I'm sure the supporters would have felt no differently had the gun-toter been non-white. :eyeroll

Terrible as the thought is, sadly, I think you're right on.

Ah yes - a non-white carrying a gun like that would generate all sorts of comments about terrorism, gangs, and "illegals" ruining the country :roll:

I'm sure the supporters would have felt no differently had the gun-toter been non-white. :eyeroll

Exactly.

Not to mention that the "right to bear arms" has more to do with the ability to raise an army of citizens than it does with the right to carry around a ridiculous amount of fire power in a civilian situation in which there is no reasonable expectation of violence. Now, if that is what you want "right to bear arms" to entail, we can have that conversation, but don't act like it is some original meaning of the phrase that the libruls want to take away because they've "misunderstood" your interpretation of the constitution. Yes, posting.php?mode=quote&f=8&p=465609#http://freejinger.org/posting.php?mode=quote&f=8&p=465609# I'm looking at you Perry in a smelly overcrowded shoe.

oops. First real post since yuku turned into a rant.

I like guns, and if it was legal here I'd have a wide variety of them. I can also see no circumstance where an AR-15 NEEDS TAKEN INTO A FUCKING SHOP.*

Just as one does not display one's genitals in front of an audience of small children, one does not swagger about a store with a big fuck-off gun. This is basic common sense.

I'd also be troubled by the fact he had a sidearm and that gun**. That's not necessary for self protection. It is, however, a classic pattern for mad shooters. It's surprisingly easy to kill lots of people with an AR-15.. However, you try aiming one to kill yourself after you've done it. That's what the sidearm is for.

(What was the model of the sidearm, BTW?)

*Maybe a gun shop. But that would be it.

**I now have the song "My Little Armalite" stuck in my head. Thanks, big crazy bastard!

If he did that over here he'd have swat teams on his back within minutes.

It's incredibly weird to me that commenters automatically equate "white guy with an AR15" with "good guy with a gun who's protecting us all". To me the bizarreness of carrying a weapon like that in a department store makes me think the guy carrying it is unhinged and possibly dangerous. Shit... Like other people have said above, I'm sure all hell would have broken loose if it hadn't been a white guy.

Personally, I don't even like seeing cops with huge weapons like that. I was visiting NYC shortly after Sandy and there were a bunch of police with assault rifles standing around in Grand Central at rush hour. I was PISSED. Pistols are dangerous enough in huge crowds (as we saw at the Empire State Building shooting where MOST of the victims got stray police bullets), let alone high capacity firearms. It didn't make me feel protected, it made me feel like I was a suspect that they expected to have to "control" at any given moment, just because I was using a major train station. Of course we all know only terrorists and rioters ever use train stations. :eyeroll:

So yeah, I don't know how the fuck people felt "protected" seeing that guy, especially since they know nothing about his mental state, his intentions, or his training.

This strikes me as being the same thing as yelling "fire" in a movie theater. I was renting a car in Phoenix many years ago when three men came walking in with guns holstered on their hips. It turns out they were off-duty cops, but it was alarming and I thought, just a little irresponsible of them. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Im glad I live in a country where this would be illegal.

I would feel uncomfortable if I was in a store and saw someone walking round with a gun like that. I would have thought he was going to rob the place. That gun isnt for personal protection, unless zombies attack. Its for shooting large groups of people. I think the army are the only ones who need those.

I live in the South, where God and guns reign supreme, and this would freak people out.

Just as one does not display one's genitals in front of an audience of small children, one does not swagger about a store with a big fuck-off gun. This is basic common sense.

Precisely this. And now I have Nine Inch Nails' "Big Man With A Gun" in my head.

Precisely this. And now I have Nine Inch Nails' "Big Man With A Gun" in my head.

Would displaying one's genitals in public be "open carry"? :lol: Or just "open!"? I am envisioning a guy with a pistol in his hip revolver and his family jewels on display. Now that's how you'd know he was a REAL man! :roll:

What's interesting to me is how this occurred in Utah--and other Utahns reported this moron. So not even in Utah, one of the most conservative in the USA, is open carry of weapons approved of.

That said, since I live in Way Southern Utah (aka Mesa, Arizona) if I went into a store and saw someone open carrying an assault rifle, I'd call 911, no question about it. I've had it with these gun nuts. I don't fucking care if it's legal, there are just some things you don't do in public and scaring people in a crowded store with your goddamned gun is one of them. The Powers That Be have to understand there are those of us out there who are fucking tired of these gun nuts running roughshod over the rights of the rest of us to just live our lives without the fear that some yahoo is going go cut loose in the checkout line at Kmart.

ETA: The geriatric white males who run the Mormon church could do millions of people a huge fucking favor by announcing that open carry of guns is a bad thing. Which is why it won't happen. At least not until some gun nut decides he's got to carry his AR-15 into the Salt Lake Temple when he's going to a wedding.

What a schmuck.

J. C Penney sells a lot of different things, which got my mind working. I think his wife sent him with this list:

White lace curtains for the kitchen

A Hello Kitty wristwatch

an iron

dollhouse furniture

these panties: http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/women/br ... boVal=null

and he wanted to make sure everyone knew he was a Real Man.

I bet he got great service. :roll:

Ah yes - a non-white carrying a gun like that would generate all sorts of comments about terrorism, gangs, and "illegals" ruining the country :roll:

If they thought he was Hispanic, he'd be the member of a drug cartel and would have to be deported.

If he appeared Middle Eastern, he would be a terrorist wanting to kill all white Americans for being white Americans. Send his ass to gitmo

If he was black, he must be a gangster who should be arrested

If he was Asian, he must be a lone gunman who needed to be arrested before he killed everyone

I honestly can't think of any nonEuropean race that wouldn't have been immediately put in prison for carrying a AR 15 into a store.

What is worse is that schools had to shut down because these gun carriers wanted to feel powerful.

If he had stopped and shot people, the media would want to know why no one stopped a man with an AR 15 from entering the store.

Archived