IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures Blog

StarrieEyedKat

And then, if people's children drowned, Lauren could claim it wasn't a drowning accident, it was natural selection and you can't prosecute nature!

Well duh! It's exactly the same as a brain aneurysm!

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's at Dancing Ground in Victoria this weekend. Just checked out their website. Gate tickets (for the entire weekend) are $260 for adults, $30 for kids 2-5 and $90 for kids 6-15. Even day tickets are expensive at $120, $20 and $50. Not bad for someone with no income except government handouts.

She didn't really enjoy Dancing Ground the last time she went. Why is she wasting money to do it again?

She is following some hippie handbook . It's part of her non-conformist conformity. She probably feels that if she doesn't attend every possible gathering or festival she is not being a proper hippie.

Thats horrible! Children need to be protected & not exposed to those kind of situations. My parents were both pot smoking hippies at uni & were still smoking when I was little, but never exposed me to wild parties or anything like that. I worked this out when I first knowingly smelt marijuana as a teenager & recognised it as the 'dinner party smell' from my childhood. :lol:

I wonder if she ever actually takes drugs or drinks to excess at these things? I get the feeling she only goes to see & be seen.

Me too, re dinner party smell!

I don't think Lauren does drugs, I don't think she could handle the lack of control they bring. She may have the occasional toke cause she feels it matches her image though.

I really do think Lauren is suspicious of fun and hedonism if she can't find a profound excuse or spiritual or educational justification for it. She never smiles, even before Elijah's death, and she never talks about something just being fun.

LOL . Watch this space for "fun " being documented or even better a big smile documented many sparkling times.

Some places arent for kids ...like the others know from childhood . MY parents watched people like a hawk around me but I saw all sorts of things ....... mostly tmi for a little girls

Edited : for grammar plus

DOes this sound familiar... suprised when I found it as I thought the sparkly one "thought it herself"

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

Whilst she has modified I think I could put up a pretty good argument as too the actual source .....Mahhatma GANDHI

...which please correct me if Im wrong ...HAS never been mentioned as INSPIRATION.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... hwhaOYt.99

plus many many other sites

LOL . Watch this space for "fun " being documented or even better a big smile documented many sparkling times.

Some places arent for kids ...like the others know from childhood . MY parents watched people like a hawk around me but I saw all sorts of things ....... mostly tmi for a little girls

Edited : for grammar plus

DOes this sound familiar... suprised when I found it as I thought the sparkly one "thought it herself"

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

Whilst she has modified I think I could put up a pretty good argument as too the actual source .....Mahhatma GANDHI

...which please correct me if Im wrong ...HAS never been mentioned as INSPIRATION.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... hwhaOYt.99

plus many many other sites

Lauren is just like Mahatma Gandhi, don't you know.....

Her crocheting flowers is JUST LIKE his campaign encouraging Indians to wear homespun cloth. And we all know she a martyr......

And just when I thought her parenting couldn't get any worse. She is now proud of being the sort of parent who lets her kids have a tantrum without intervening because "venting is healthy" and "she will calm down when she is calm".

Lauren will not soothe, or shush or assist. She will outlast because this will raise the child to a higher level.

Or, maybe, Lauren you self absorbed halfwit, it will teach your poor scruffy kids that even when they are scared, or angry, or confused and their emotions overwhelm them, and they blow their top because they just don't know what to do with all those feelings, that you will just stand by and watch them rather than be the comforting parent that they need and deserve. And you will tell them it is all for their own good.

She is following some hippie handbook . It's part of her non-conformist conformity. She probably feels that if she doesn't attend every possible gathering or festival she is not being a proper hippie.

Oh man. You are right. She is applying christian legalism to being.a hippy. She is following a hippy doctrine now!

Oh man. You are right. She is applying christian legalism to being.a hippy. She is following a hippy doctrine now!

It's absolutely true, she running away from conformity, by conforming.

I know heaps of "hippies", who would think that her obsessive hippiness was just downright annoying. Most people struggle to afford to attend 1 festival a year, that is likely local to them. I think it is just downright rude, that she thinks it's sparkling to use taxpayer money to attend every festival in Australia this year.

And just when I thought her parenting couldn't get any worse. She is now proud of being the sort of parent who lets her kids have a tantrum without intervening because "venting is healthy" and "she will calm down when she is calm".

Lauren will not soothe, or shush or assist. She will outlast because this will raise the child to a higher level.

Or, maybe, Lauren you self absorbed halfwit, it will teach your poor scruffy kids that even when they are scared, or angry, or confused and their emotions overwhelm them, and they blow their top because they just don't know what to do with all those feelings, that you will just stand by and watch them rather than be the comforting parent that they need and deserve. And you will tell them it is all for their own good.

My sister does this. Her oldest is 11, and the long term effects have been less than successful.

Kids need to be heard, but they also need to be comforted and reassured and guided about what is acceptable in what circumstances re: emotional outbreaks.

My sister does this. Her oldest is 11, and the long term effects have been less than successful.

Kids need to be heard, but they also need to be comforted and reassured and guided about what is acceptable in what circumstances re: emotional outbreaks.

This. I think Lauren is doing just as much damage to her kids as my parents did by not allowing me to express negative emotions and anger (it was considered "disrespectful" towards them). I have huge issues with anger and stress management now because I turn everything inwards and make myself sick. Blowing up and freaking out over everything because it is "cathartic" is not only unhealthy, it is antisocial because nobody wants to be around a relentless drama queen.

I had a close friend in middle school, and we eventually stopped being friends because she never matured past about 13. Her mom totally infantilized her, and one of the things she did was just sit there smilingly while her daughter threw tantrums and said "you're just expressing yourself, it's ok!" It really did not help my friend. I saw her at our 10-year high school reunion recently, and she still acts like a 13-y/o.

If I have kids, I'm sending them to yoga and martial arts and tai chi and whatever else from a young age. I want healthy self-control to be second nature to them!

Well, how about that, Lauren's actually got something right for once! What she describes is current best practice. There's not no comfort (see the pic of the child on her lap and the caption?), but by not trying to makethem shut down their emotions, you teach them to deal with them.

http://www.tuningintokids.org.au/parents/coaching

http://www.parentingcounts.org/informat ... -coaching/

http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/raising ... _the_histo

http://m.more4kids.info/26479/show/17f1 ... 8933230f3/?

This is a very disturbing quote:

So much of conscious parenting is maintaining a higher energy level than that of our children. It’s outlasting the child’s bad mood or tantrum without letting it affect our own level of righteousness so that we continue to respond in a godly manner.

I thought she'd left the righteousness bullshit behind.

I have a sparkling confession. I had long hair that got too hard to deal with. I cut it off instead of getting dreadlocks. I just didn't know, ok?? I didn't know about the greater human understanding they give you :(

Nice job chopping off your life force.

This is a very disturbing quote:

I thought she'd left the righteousness bullshit behind.

I was really confused by the mention of godliness and quoting scripture, too. I am wondering what prompted it.

I was really confused by the mention of godliness and quoting scripture, too. I am wondering what prompted it.

Well, the Bible is her Mother-Tongue Scripture.....

Well, the Bible is her Mother-Tongue Scripture.....

Yes it is, and maybe she is reaching a new point in her grief. For a while it appeared that she had switched from Christianity to some sort of spiritualist, we are all one type belief system. This is the first time in months that I have seen a mention of god or the bible. Quite a contrast to her previous constant mention of living righteousness and how her lifestyle was helping her to find righteousness.

Righteousness seems to be a common term in theri house. One of the kids used it in their interview, and when she dumped them in NZ she said she'd gone to seek righteousness.

Righteousness seems to be a common term in theri house. One of the kids used it in their interview, and when she dumped them in NZ she said she'd gone to seek righteousness.

I thought she left so that David could "do" righteousness.

She told me she no longer identified as Christian and that she was going to write a post about her spiritual identity. That was months ago, and she banned me from her blog soon after I mentioned it on FJ, so not hanging out for her answer.

I am positive David would be unhappy about any move away from Christianity. Through all his upheavals he was a committed Christian searching for answers within Christianity, and I suspect that his faith has only grown during his incarceration where religious visitors probably make up a large portion of his human contact.

Quick Question: Just tried accessing GOMI to read the Sparkling Adventures thread there, and it says it is Forbidden from my server?? What could this mean? I've only ever read over there once.

I understand it's considered current practice to allow a child to have their emotions. However her comfort is nominal at best. She is NOT helping guide a child through processing their emotions, by valiadating those emotions, given them words when their words fail them, and showing she is strong enough to handle their big emotions. She's just letting the child sit on her lap, while taking a PICTURE of the child's tantrum. She's not parenting.

My four year old gets overwhelmed by his emotionsl and screams and tantrums too. However, I use my words to reflect his emotionsl and help guide him to find his words. I help older children find coping skills, healthy ways to manage strong emotions, and save plalces to express themselves. She's not doing ANY of that.

I understand it's considered current practice to allow a child to have their emotions. However her comfort is nominal at best. She is NOT helping guide a child through processing their emotions, by valiadating those emotions, given them words when their words fail them, and showing she is strong enough to handle their big emotions. She's just letting the child sit on her lap, while taking a PICTURE of the child's tantrum. She's not parenting.

My four year old gets overwhelmed by his emotionsl and screams and tantrums too. However, I use my words to reflect his emotionsl and help guide him to find his words. I help older children find coping skills, healthy ways to manage strong emotions, and save plalces to express themselves. She's not doing ANY of that.

I am constantly baffled by the amount of mother's that post photo's of their children's tantrums on FB and Instagram.

I am constantly baffled by the amount of mother's that post photo's of their children's tantrums on FB and Instagram.

I will add mothers who post photos of their obviously miserable sick children. It's not cute, and I do wonder future ramifications of these children who have had their entire lives posted on the internet.

Archived