IGNORED

Mental Medications caused the shooting.

Wolfie

cheeseslave.com/school-shootings-linked-to-pharmaceutical-drugs

I've seen this in other places, and the logic here just makes me so mad. Um, no the meds didn't make them do it, but the meds show that they already had mental issues that had been diagnosed and hadn't gotten all the help that they needed. (if it is true that they were all on meds.)

Crap. This is the same garbage the cult of Scientology spreads around. Oh yeah, and by the way, Scientology Vulture ("Volunteer") Ministers were up in Newtown yesterday, in their characteristic yellow jackets, giving out "free hugs." Fucking vultures, all they want is to get their hands on your checkbook, savings accounts, 401K, home equity, etc.

Exactly crap. I was on ritalin for many years, and the only med that ever gave me psychotic thoughts was a beta blocker! And even then it told me to hurt myself, not hurt others! (and yes, I got off that thing as soon as possible.)

cheeseslave.com/school-shootings-linked-to-pharmaceutical-drugs

I've seen this in other places, and the logic here just makes me so mad. Um, no the meds didn't make them do it, but the meds show that they already had mental issues that had been diagnosed and hadn't gotten all the help that they needed. (if it is true that they were all on meds.)

Well the cheeseslave lady is one of the the wackjob fundies of the real food world. Not entirely unexpected

This has yet to be confirmed.

Translation: I pulled this out of my ass.

And can we also not blame school shootings on psychosis? People who've been through that have had enough to deal with without being blamed for something not even linked to their illness. Actually, can we just stop pretending to be experts on things we don't know shit about? I know it's fun to pretend, but this shit hurts people and I'm pretty sure the author of this blog isn't a kid anymore, either.

The writer(s) can go findly fuck themselves. It's like that article with Zsu where she said that meds are bad for you. If I wasn't on my ADD, anxiety and mild depression pills; I'd be a fucking mess. I would be so overwhelmed that I wouldn't do anything, be grumpy, be afraid to interact with people, wondering if I said the right/wrong words after every conversation and wonder what people at work think about me 24/7, becoming too paranoid to talk to anybody but the very few people I trust.

Anxious, that sounds just like me as well, ha. I love my medication, but do well enough without it as long as no big changes/drama happens. Boring and stable is good for me.

What this chick says kind of reminds me of the twinkie defense, trying to find a scapegoat. I suppose it's human nature to want to put blame somewhere, but still...

:shock:

Cory December 18, 2012 at 12:40 PM

It is interesting that while the highest incidence of antidepressant usage is among women, it’s almost exclusively young white men who commit these crimes. It has to be a number of factors. One that comes to mind is the lack of place in society for young men these days.

I defriended a couple of my cousins on Facebook in the aftermath of the Aurora, CO theater shooting when they started posting links to $cientology-affiliated sites blaming psychiatry and psychiatric medications. As a longtime sufferer of depression and a fistful of anxiety disorders who is now able to live a life in which I can reliably sleep, not panic at the prospect of answering the phone, not spend half the day fighting suicidal thoughts, and not live on a crazy roller coaster of mood swings thanks to a SSRI prescription, fuck them. Fuck them with a rusty chainsaw.

Anxious, that sounds just like me as well, ha. I love my medication, but do well enough without it as long as no big changes/drama happens. Boring and stable is good for me.

What this chick says kind of reminds me of the twinkie defense, trying to find a scapegoat. I suppose it's human nature to want to put blame somewhere, but still...

That's all it is, human nature to try to blame something, whether it's medication, Asperger's, or some other illness. Mental health is just as important as physical health, as the brain is an organ of the body. Psychiatric medications are to help fix what is wrong with the brain, just as insulin helps diabetics.

I have been on LOADS of psychiatric medications. LOADS.

The worst that happened is Lithium makes me slightly delusional and Mirtazapine makes me eat lots and cry pitifully if I can't get food. Oh, and Prozac means I can't eat at all and stare fixedly into space.

None of them made me into a mass killer.

JFC I too have been on LOADS of medications, to deal with my issues. The worst one made me feel like a Zombie and like I wasn't all 'here'. Others had me over emotional, or too sleepy, or not sleepy at all. Definitely none made me violent.

Now I am on the right meds, I'm a sane, happy, functioning adult. Thanks to pharmaceutical medications; I don't fear leaving my house, I have a normal sleep cycle, I don't cry uncontrollably over nothing, and don't get panic attacks over stupid things. Only occasionally do I feel a little overwhelmed and usually its in line with my cycle, and cured within a day by taking time out and doing things I enjoy here at home and distracting myself.

Yes medications are trial and error, but this is where you need REALLY good doctors who listen and a good support system around who can advocate for you, and for the doctor to take notice immediately if something isn't working and that support system to help keep you in-check too and come with you to tell the doctors this same stuff to assist.

It really saddens me to think that there are people out there struggling, thinking that they can cure their depression etc through prayer and won't get any real help. Even if its not medication, just someone to talk with and to help them change their life, if they wanted! :-(

She uses a fourteen year old article as her source? Couldn't she find anything more recent that coincided with her argument?

Archived