IGNORED

2 and a Half Men Actor says Satan is Involved with Show

Seven Severn

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/26/angus-t-j ... dly-filth/

Angus T. Jones is pleading with his fans to STOP watching "Two and a Half Men" ... claiming it's nothing but "filth" that contradicts his deep Christian values.

19-year-old Jones -- who makes $350k AN EPISODE playing Jake on the show -- is featured in a new video for the Forerunner Christian Church ... in which he talks about his commitment to his faith and explains, "If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching 'Two and a Half Men.'"

"I'm on Two and a Half Men and I don't want to be on it."

"Please stop watching it and filling your head with filth. People say it’s just entertainment. Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to television and especially with what you watch on television ... it's bad news."

Jones also suggests that Satan is somehow involved with "Two and a Half Men."

He continues, "If I am doing any harm, I don't want to be here. I don't want to be contributing to the enemy's plan ... You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can't. I'm not OK with what I'm learning, what the bible says and being on that television show."

Angus says he turned to religion after realizing his life was on a "downward trend" -- which included drug use and speeding tickets.

In fact, Angus says he was dropping acid and smoking weed while he was in high school.

Watch the video here http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_x5socuwg

Um, if he doesn't want to be on it, why doesn't he just quit?

Depending on his contract, he may not be able to. I know Johnny Depp tried and tried to get off of 21 Jump Street, but had to wait till his contract was up.

He's 19? I feel old. Everyone should stop watching Two and a Half Men but because it's shit, not because Satan is involved.

QFT.

Depending on his contract, he may not be able to. I know Johnny Depp tried and tried to get off of 21 Jump Street, but had to wait till his contract was up.

Maybe he's trying to get fired?

Last year he negotiated a new contract. If the show is so evil I'd like to know why he opted to stay on. Oh, wait! Maybe it's the $300,000 an episode he's getting. Naw, that couldn't be it. ;)

And my apologies for starting a new thread; didn't see the original, obviously. Thanks to whoever merged.

This seems really inept. Seriously, even if you felt that way and you had a contract, wouldn't it be worth the money you'd lose to stop the contract? and stop doing something you hated? OH But MONEY is more important than his apparent disgust at the show... I see now. :?

2 and Half Men REALLY know how to attract the cray-cray don't they?

and I agree no one should watch because its SHIT, not because Satan is involved.... I never fricking understood how people thought it was funny from day 1, and how the hell its lasted all these years!

Definitely seems like this "kid" is the next Kirk Cameron... I can see Ray Comfort being totally jazzed at the thought of signing him up for his propaganda videos... :roll:

Just googled. I can't believe that a) it has been on since 2003 and b) that it's still going. I have NEVER understood the appeal behind Two and a Half Men. It is so unfunny.

maybe he just really wants off the show and figures if he insults it enough, he can get fired, just like Charlie Sheen?

Lets hope so - clearly, the network is not smart enough to cancel the show on their own.

My sister just posted the link on FB & had this to say :

"Glad to see a young man not afraid to speak out for his beliefs. Hopefully he can get out of his contract." :roll:

Sounds like he was fine with it before he sold out to Jeebus.

Anybody know what church or group he's affiliated with? Some of them require newly the "saved" to publicly announce their salvation & denounce anything they were involved with that might be sinful. My sis had to do that.

And couldn't he be sued by the production company for this stunt?

Guest Anonymous
My sister just posted the link on FB & had this to say :

"Glad to see a young man not afraid to speak out for his beliefs. Hopefully he can get out of his contract." :roll:

Sounds like he was fine with it before he sold out to Jeebus.

Anybody know what church or group he's affiliated with? Some of them require newly the "saved" to publicly announce their salvation & denounce anything they were involved with that might be sinful. My sis had to do that.

And couldn't he be sued by the production company for this stunt?

Seventh-day Adventists, I think.

vop.com/article/1096/site-categories/today-at-vop/angus-t-jones-testimony

Agree with you all--the show is crap, so I wouldn't mind it being sunk once and for all. On the other hand, he might come to regret this in the long run, if the Jesus-freak thing is just a stage. Especially if he wants to continue an acting career--I know I'd think twice before casting someone who shit all over his previous project (particularly while pulling the Jesus card), and I highly doubt the fundie lecture circuit will match his TaaHM salary. At least you could argue that Kirk Cameron had some teen idol power before he jumped the shark. This guy has no name recognition whatsoever; it's not until you describe his role that you're like, "Oh, that kid."

I confess I liked 2 and a Half Men in the early seasons. They show has lasted too long and there has been too much behind the scenes drama. It look Angus will definetely be the next Kirk Cameron. His career will die after the show ends. I said this in another thread, but I think even if Kirk never became religious, his career would dwindled down. He wouldn't have been like Michael J. Fox. Angus isn't really attractive or a very good actor and he doesn't get movie deals. Chuck Lorre and Angus are now enemies.

....wow

I wonder what he thinks of Uncle Charlie now.

We will hear about it soon. It would be fun to see a Charlie vs. Angus war of words

John the commenter is such a fundie tool spammer. I never understood why "fans" feel that they have to defend their favorite celebrities. If celebrities are able to ignore their hatedom, then their fans should, too. I love the Christian privilege John is showing here with his spammy paragraph (you will know what I mean because he does it after every other person posts to say "Don't critize Angus, he's young!" and the infamous Jericho saying of, "I'm not going off-topic, you are!". What a leg-humper. :roll: :lol:

Funny how he hates the show now. After he's made a fortune off of it and it's on it's way out. I guess he's going to give all that Satan-tainted money back right? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Seriously! Ladies and gents, the new Kirk Cameron.

That's what I think as well, and since he might not be able to quit because of a contract, he might be trying to get fired so he could say that he was being persecuted.

Seventh-day Adventists, I think.

vop.com/article/1096/site-categories/today-at-vop/angus-t-jones-testimony

The Seventh Day Adventist church does not require a convert to do that. At least, not any mainstream Adventist church. I'm sure there are fundy Adventist churches around, but I've never been to one personally, so I couldn't say. I do know, from growing up Seventh Day Adventist, that no SDA church would require that. So if he is involved with SDAs, they're either not requiring it, or they're deviating from the mainstream. *

I did actually stop watching 2 1/2 men because it didn't line up with my Christian beliefs. However, I did not make a big production out of it and insist that everyone else stop watching it too. I just told my cousin to no longer call me down for the show when it was on, and that was the end of it. I don't remember a 19 year old, so this must've been in the show's first few seasons.

I think it's one thing to state, "My beliefs no longer line up with what I am doing, but I am unable to get out because of a contract" to saying, "ZOMG SATAN!!1!!!!!111!!!!!! EVERYONE STOP WATCHING ME ON TV NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"

*Unless you're talking about a public declaration of salvation being BAPTISM, which is a public symbol of accepting Jesus, but at one's baptism it would never be REQUIRED to announce and denounce former sins, though that's mainly what people end up doing anyway. When I was baptized, there was no pressure at all to do this.

Even if he does have a contract he can't get out of, and he thinks the show isn't appropriate or good or anything (I've seen, like, one episode.) he still is being a dick. A lot of people work on that show, more than just the actors and the actresses and the producer and writers. When you shut down production, people lose their jobs. People who make modest salaries doing things like catering and lights. People who are security guards and assistants. People who do hair and makeup. So fucking selfish of him.

Archived