IGNORED

Recognize this young couple?

thoughtful

Is that his ribcage poking through his top or very low hanging man boobs?

I wondered that too.

The matching outfits don't bother me, my husband and I did that when we were young. Lots of our friends did also.

I assume that's ribcage, not boob.

I'm neither here nor there on the matching swimwear -- it's the juxtaposition of the "aw, ain't we cute" picture and the evil inside them that gets to me.

Young and beardless, Mike looked rather like Bob Denver, at least in this pic.

Makes me wonder if they were always such evil people or something happened to turn them that way? They look like such fun loving happy people there :(

Makes me wonder if they were always such evil people or something happened to turn them that way? They look like such fun loving happy people there :(

Apparently they were on the hippie trail before they were born again.

They still often look like adorable hippies in pictures. They look that gleeful when discussing hitting children, and, I suspect, when doing so.

They just don't seem to see the cognitive dissonance.

I think that Mike prides himself on being Fun Dad/Grandpa, who teaches all of those old-fashioned things (that evil techno-liberals don't respect) like whittlin', spittin' and making paper hats:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater

Note the leg-humping comments.

He sees nothing wrong with also being the one who tricks children into situations where they "need" to be whipped.

What's especially sad is that even genuine mistakes or misbehavior of children could probably be squelched by a raised eyebrow from such an adult.

I think that being in charge, being worshipped and followed, drives him, and that being the unpredictable deity who doles out joy with one hand, and pain with the other, is part of the thrill.

I think that being in charge, being worshipped and followed, drives him, and that being the unpredictable deity who doles out joy with one hand, and pain with the other, is part of the thrill.

That comment (sad how true it is) along with their pic needs to be on a wanted poster and tucked into the front of all their To Beat Up a Child books. Somehow all their bs said with a smile becomes even more evil.

Sometimes fundies point out that the Pearls' methods have some good points and those fundies are correct. Michael teaches that parents should be involved with their kids and praise their kids for their efforts. Although it should be common sense, his advice that you'll have more influence with your future teenager if you build up a relationship when they are young is brand new if you come from an abusive home with lots of yelling and instability. However, all of the good advice can be found in any expert's advice on child raising without any of the harmful ideas about beating your kids.

I think that Michael Pearl was just a very skinny young man in those pictures. That is why his rib sticks so far out. This photo makes me wonder what happened to Michael Pearl to turn him into what he is now. Did he come from an abusive family?

Holy crap. Where did you find that? (Edit -- Oh, I see it was Facebook)

Are we sure that is a fishing rod and not a rod to beat a child?

Holy crap. Where did you find that? (Edit -- Oh, I see it was Facebook)

Are we sure that is a fishing rod and not a rod to beat a child?

It's a dual-purpose instrument; same idea as buying used and saving the difference.

Archived