IGNORED

Xena; Warrior Princess (1995-2001)

Deleted07

Did anyone used to LOVE this show back in the day?

xena.jpg

It seems to stay in circulation well all over the world, and continues to keep its fans and gain new ones all the time!

What did you love about the show? What did you hate? Who was your favorite character? and what was your favorite, and even not so favorite, storylines and episodes?

Were you into the subtext of the show? Which pairing(s) did you go for?

I'd love to find other Xenites on FJ to talk with about this show that I used to love growing up. I really felt both Xena and Gabrielle were good role-models for me as a young girl and tween and then teen. (Along with Buffy; The Vampire Slayer - But thats another thread ;) )

I adore this show!

I loved that while it had its serious moments, it wasn't afraid to make fun of itself. I hated the Overboard episode, probably because I hated that movie. One of my favorite episodes was the one in which Xena got caught in a time loop and she had to figure out how to stop a woman from drinking poison.

I thought Xena and Gabrielle were the best pairing, though Xena and Ares would've been pretty hot.

Yeah I love that it had really humorous episodes and then really serious ones too. I really hated that "Married with Fishsticks" episode as well!

My favorite episode was probably, 'Day in the Life' with Minya and Howerd fawning over Xena and Gabrielle being pissed off at Xena in the most hilarious way!

I definitely changed ships throughout the whole series and over the years. I LOVE Xena and Gabrielle together, but then I thought Xena and Ares were incredibly hot too! Always felt bad poor Joxer never got with Gabrielle!

They just don't make series like this anymore! :-)

Ares! Sigh. Better colour me shallow, too. It used to be on here on Sunday afternoons, which was perfect - my sister would come over while my husband was out golfing (weather permitting) and she and I would spark up the good stuff on the back deck, go in and rustle-up a huge hangover curing fry up and ogle Ares. Loved that show.

Archived