IGNORED

When your own words come back to bite you in the ass

Also file under: Karma is a bitch

Welcome to Lori's whine fest: http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/11/housebound-for-six-months.html

I was in tremendous pain.

It was a very scary time not knowing if I would ever get out of pain.

Thankfully, I have a very supportive family and God works everything out. Cassi happened to be at a quiet time in her life and was able to take over all the household and shopping chores. Ken had to pitch in also giving me daily neck massages!

So essentially Lori is in severe pain and her daughter and husband have dropped everything to care for her while she moans, whines, and complains that no one cares because her damn soup doesn't have enough potatoes in it.

Now normally I would feel very sorry for her. Fundie or not, I can't stand the thought of another human being in pain. But with Lori it's different. Lori thinks pain is okay for children. If you don't believe it, look back to her January post: http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/search/label/Child%20Raising?updated-max=2012-04-09T16:00:00-07:00&max-results=20&start=20&by-date=false

Pain is a great teacher

Many people believe pain and suffering are bad things. They are not.

So as Lori spends these months in bed, I do hope she will remember that pain isn't a bad thing and it's a great teacher! I also hope she'll have time to reflect on all of the times she hit her children and forced food down their throats.

I also hope she will reflect on her condemnation of modern medicine which can be found all throughout her blog, but is adequately highlighted here:

I often wonder if drugs are such a problem in today's society, because parents gave their children drugs for every little thing when they were growing up.

Many people believe pain and suffering are bad things. They are not. They are teachers that can teach us good things, like obeying authority and allowing our bodies to heal themselves naturally without the side effects of drugs.

I find it highly ironic that this woman (while preaching the dangers of "drugs") managed to burn her own esophagus trying to treat herself with tumeric. :roll:

I find it highly ironic that this woman (while preaching the dangers of "drugs") managed to burn her own esophagus trying to treat herself with tumeric. :roll:

Says it all really!

Says it all really!

I have to admit I didn't believe it until I actually went and read it for myself. :shock: And she holds herself out as an authority to women on how to be a submissive wife and competent mother? I'd run away.

Think I might leave a comment quoting her own words back at her.

She just advised a mother to seek out HCl as a treatment for lyme disease. Wow. It's fine if you want to swallow all the tumeric you like, but don't actively harm others !

She just advised a mother to seek out HCl as a treatment for lyme disease. Wow. It's fine if you want to swallow all the tumeric you like, but don't actively harm others !

I think she's the idiot who think table salt is HCl, not NaCl.

I think she's the idiot who think table salt is HCl, not NaCl.

She also thought that lemon juice is alkaline. Her ignorance would be hilarious if she did not homeschool.

She also thought that lemon juice is alkaline. Her ignorance would be hilarious if she did not homeschool.

and influence so many other idiots.

Those poor kids...

Those poor kids...

It's been a bit since I took a chemistry class, but isn't hydrogen chloride corrosive? :? Hydrochloric acid is a poison and it's used in things like pool cleaning chemicals from what I recall.

And I think it's turmeric, not tumeric, which is a spice. How did she burn her throat with a spice? Is she attempting a new version of the cinnamon challenge or something?

It's been a bit since I took a chemistry class, but isn't hydrogen chloride corrosive? :? Hydrochloric acid is a poison and it's used in things like pool cleaning chemicals from what I recall.

And I think it's turmeric, not tumeric, which is a spice. How did she burn her throat with a spice? Is she attempting a new version of the cinnamon challenge or something?

Don't tell her about the cinnamon challenge, it'll be her next medicine.

HCl is a gas when it's not in solution, and besides that it would hurt quite a bit if it was used as table salt.

This woman is so full of fail, I can't stop reading:

lorialexander.blogspot.ca/2012/01/cure-for-acid-reflux-or-heartburn.html

Nothing worked until I listened to Dr. Marshall. He said that acid reflux and heartburn are caused by too little stomach acid, not too much. He said no one has too much stomach acid. The reason you get that burning pain is because your food isn't digesting well and is rotting in your intestines. This creates lactic acid which pushes up into your stomach and esophagus and burns like stomach acid.

"Dr" Marshall needs to go back to school...

Here she has been sold snake oil:

lorialexander.blogspot.ca/2012/01/bodys-need-for-salt.html

It's not just sea salt, it's quantum state sea salt. Gotta love it when people turn a profit off of other people's lack of science education. For the uninitiated, "quantum state" is a term in particle physics that has no bearing whatsoever on the quality of sea salt. It also makes utterly no sense when used as an adjective.

I am now google-searching her blog with random science-y words and going down rabbit holes of fail.

I read somewhere that the chemistry for sugar and cocaine are very similar.
- Taryn

Kokain_-_Cocaine.svg

vs.

Saccharose2.svg

Yep, totally similar. You, Taryn, are a genius.

Is that THE Taryn???

Inquiring minds want to know! My daughter just asked if Taryn was back when I showed her this post.

Inquiring minds want to know! My daughter just asked if Taryn was back when I showed her this post.

That particular comment is over a year old. Sorry I got you all excited.

That particular comment is over a year old. Sorry I got you all excited.

:( I miss Taryn. My daughter can quote some of her best posts.

This woman is so full of fail, I can't stop reading:

lorialexander.blogspot.ca/2012/01/cure-for-acid-reflux-or-heartburn.html

"Dr" Marshall needs to go back to school...

Here she has been sold snake oil:

lorialexander.blogspot.ca/2012/01/bodys-need-for-salt.html

It's not just sea salt, it's quantum state sea salt. Gotta love it when people turn a profit off of other people's lack of science education. For the uninitiated, "quantum state" is a term in particle physics that has no bearing whatsoever on the quality of sea salt. It also makes utterly no sense when used as an adjective.

I am now google-searching her blog with random science-y words and going down rabbit holes of fail.

As far as I can tell, Dr. Marshall owns a brand of supplements but I cannot find licensing or information for his practice. Just sayin'. It does not sound like he makes money from practicing medicine, but rather from selling supplements.

Not surprisingly, his work has not (to my knowledge) been published in a peer-reviewed journal nor corroborated by research.

healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/dig5.php :shock:

And there are a lot of other pages that turn up with a google. What I want to know is why would you take acid and then baking soda- sounds like a recipe for major burping to me, and wouldn't it just negate anything the acid is doing? And well, is she on HCL now even though she's otherwise on an "Alkaline" diet? Could that be why her throat is burned?

healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/dig5.php :shock:

And there are a lot of other pages that turn up with a google. What I want to know is why would you take acid and then baking soda- sounds like a recipe for major burping to me, and wouldn't it just negate anything the acid is doing? And well, is she on HCL now even though she's otherwise on an "Alkaline" diet? Could that be why her throat is burned?

Her posts make it sound like all she knows about HCl is that it's 3 letters stuck together. I doubt the irony of taking hydrochloric acid while trying to eat as alkaline as possible would be lost even on her.

Her posts make it sound like all she knows about HCl is that it's 3 letters stuck together. I doubt the irony of taking hydrochloric acid while trying to eat as alkaline as possible would be lost even on her.

Has anyone alerted her to the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide? I hear it's possible to take too much. ;)

Has anyone alerted her to the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide? I hear it's possible to take too much. ;)

She has declared, and I quote, that "chemicals cause cancer". By this logic, she should be terrified of dihydrogen monoxide.

Oh Noes!! thank you for the warning. Is it true that no matter what, you can't get dihydrogen monoxide out of your system? and that it eventually causes death? and back acne?

Archived