IGNORED

FJ'ers, enter the Botkin fashion contest & win a book

meda

So I'll admit, I have been an abject slacker on this one. I have not been able to will myself to listen to the Botkin beauty webinar. My interest had flagged, but then those saucy minxes got interactive! Behold the fundy maiden fashion contest email:

Anna Sofia & Elizabeth

to Anna

Dear ladies,

We're hosting a contest for the subscribers of the Reclaiming Beauty webinar! The challenge: Put together an outfit using Polyvore.com that follows all nine principles of design that we went through tonight (Session 5). If you need a refresher on the nine principles, you can download the recording and listen again by following the link in the initial email you received after subscribing. Outfits will be judged based on:

1. How well they follow the principles of clothing design

2. How well they reflect the principles of godly womanhood we discussed in Session 2 (e.g. strength and dignity, modesty, etc.)

3. How creative and artistic they are with the kind of pieces that would be accessible to the average woman (an outfit built around something like a million-dollar mink coat would be less likely to win.)

Only one entry per person, please! An entry could include several variations on the same outfit, however. If we're particularly impressed with your outfit, we might use it to demonstrate something in the next session. Send your outfit to us at damselsATvisionarydaughtersDOTcom -- the deadline for entering is November 1. Best outfit will win a copy of our book, "It's (Not That) Complicated"!

The goal for this contest is to create a helpful exercise for you in training your mind to see and create according to the principles of design that God Himself encoded in nature. Artistic principles that reflect God's mind and the way He creates -- whether in music, architecture, or clothing -- are worth mastering.

For His glory,

Anna Sofia and Elizabeth Botkin

If you guys want to enter, pm me and send me polyvore links. If one of us wins, I'll mail them the book. Conversely, send me something crazy & I'll submit it for lulz. I'll even bit the bullet and listen to episode 5 so I can summarize the nine principles of design so we have a fighting chance. Come play, it would crack me up if one of us wins. :twisted:

I could so win that competition; my wardrobe tends toward conservative and feminine (or utterly feral. I'm not a middle ground sort of girl) and I've got the pearls that say "yes, yes my hymen is being saved for a special fellow".

Tempting, tempting...

Oh...how fun! I just want to send a regular picture of myself on a Saturday. Though I'm sure that I'm not following too many of the nine principles.

I can think of an outfit God encoded in nature, but the Botkins would be scandalized.

Am I the only one who's tempted to enter?

Are E & AS the creative brains behind this endeavor???? Polyvore.com isn't exactly godly.

Ah, but you see, it can be a tool of godly womanhood...that's how they justify using Apple products.

ROFL... it's tempting... lol! I don't know "fashion" though... I dress boring. ROFL! (Maybe that would be enough to win! Haha)

I was thinking entering with something really defrauding, but it might be even more hilarious if we (FJ) were really public about entering and the Botkin sisters would have to pick a winner not knowing whether they were picking someone genuine or Free Jinger's fake person.

I'm dressed to win right now. I'm wearing a t-shirt from an education conference, attended by thousands of--gasp--public (and private) school teachers, sweatpants, and two zip-front sweatshirts layered on top of each other. I am absolutely covered in godly womanhood, and I've never looked better.

I'll even bit the bullet and listen to episode 5 so I can summarize the nine principles of design so we have a fighting chance. Come play, it would crack me up if one of us wins. :twisted:

I'd be up for crashing the Botkin fashion content. :twisted: I'm also interested in hearing what these "principles of design" are.

I'm wearing one of my old Ren Faire outfits for Halloween. I'll send a pic for entrance!

Dammit the deadline is too soon. I have exams between now and November 1st, I don't have time to look up the 5 Botkin principles of beauty or whatever. I hope lots of FJers enter, though.

I just want to see what a million dollar mink coat looks like. It must be free-range minks that don't cast a shadow, and also dipped in gold.

Guest Anonymous
I just want to see what a million dollar mink coat looks like. It must be free-range minks that don't cast a shadow, and also dipped in gold.

And poop diamonds.

OK, for your edification, the NINE PRINCIPLES OF GOOD DESIGN (4 of which are elements, and there are actually 10, but who needs continuity when your fundy fabulous) They ladies compiled this by apparently reading a wikipedia entry and regurgitating the mangled contents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_ele ... principles

4 Elements:

1. Shape & Form

2. Line

3. Color

4. Texture

5 Principles

1. Proportion & scale

2. Balance

3. Rhythm

4. Emphasis

5. Unity

I hope they receive thousand (ok, maybe 10 or so) of entries of women wearing scanty sexy kitten costumes. Is it merely coincidental that this is so close to Halloween? I'm itching to see that Anne Boleyn costume one more time, Elizabeth!

Archived