IGNORED

Zack Bates Visited his intended...

tabitha2

and brought Michaela along,presumably as chaparone but also came bearing Addalee-all of 5 years old-Why? I can understand one of the preteens but why drag a preschooler along-can you imagine Hannie going when John David courts? :lol:

I might be for the extra watching that Zack will have to do.

Its easy to forget someone who isn't compelled to break stuff, run amok or draw on the walls.

and brought Michaela along,presumably as chaparone but also came bearing Addalee-all of 5 years old-Why? I can understand one of the preteens but why drag a preschooler along-can you imagine Hannie going when John David courts? :lol:

Actually, that would be rather amusing, kind of like a fundie version of that episode of "The Brady Bunch" where Greg had to take Bobby on his drive-in movie date.

It could be to see how his intended will do with young children. Back in my old fundie church, throwing possible young couples together with small children was very common. Girls almost competed to show how maternal they were.

Guest LilaFowler

Aww at little Addalee being a chaperone of sorts. :lol:

Uh oh, on the very first picture on that blog entry, the one titled "Bible Study," Zach is dangerously close to touching Sarah!

Sounds a little strange that Addalee went along for the trip, but at the same time it sounds kinda cute :)

It could be to see how his intended will do with young children. Back in my old fundie church, throwing possible young couples together with small children was very common. Girls almost competed to show how maternal they were.

I see your point..I know if it were me, I'd want to see how my significant other interacted with my family and with other people, especially children.

Also I like the photos taken by Alyssa in both of the blog entries about Zach and Sarah's courtship..she did a great job :)

The update says he wanted to be there for the 1 month "actual anniversary" of when they started their courtship. UUUmmm thats somthing I used to do in jr high when I was 13, celebrate my "one month anniversary" with my boyfriends. These guys are waaaayyy emotionally stunted.

Aww at little Addalee being a chaperone of sorts. :lol:

Uh oh, on the very first picture on that blog entry, the one titled "Bible Study," Zach is dangerously close to touching Sarah!

And it looks like Sarah is leading the reading rather than Zach...

I think it's cute. I know a couple who celebrate their #-month anniversaries. They'll be married 10 years next year.

But dang, Sarah needs to decide between straight and curly. Both on one head isn't attractive.

Well someone beat me to posting lol. My first thought when I saw that they updated was the blog was got to comment about this on FJ :)

Now they look they they are keeping the 6 inch rule (plus some) BUT in the 5th picture it looks like Zachs' hand is much closer then 6 inches (might be the way it is posed tho). When I first saw the picture I thought it was his hand on her thigh and was shocked than I thought about it and took another look and it wasn't.

It could be a good way to let them talk more freely while still having a "chaperone." You wouldn't kiss or get too close in front of your five year old sister. But you also wouldn't worry that you were being judged by your close in age sibling for being socially awkward. A five year old wouldn't care what kind of music you listened to, or whether a wife should assist in her husband's business before having kids vs. staying at home 100%, or whatever it is they talk about.

I'm pretty sure they sent Addalee along just so Kelly and Gil wouldn't have to care for her. If Michaella is her buddy, then she can't really raise Addalee unless she goes everywhere with her. I think it's just plain laziness of the parents.

But...little kids can be much more obnoxious when you're trying to hang out with your significant other, and are probably more likely to snitch. At least that's how it works in my experience. The sibling close in age might be more understanding and easily bargained with. Addallee might be the little kid who says "Uh-uh! You can't do that! Mommy said no!" Or Daddy, I suppose, since they're fundies. And I wouldn't be surprised if she's also useful to see Sarah's mothering abilities or good for a different type of chaperone - either because some stuff would go over her head that wouldn't go over Michaella's, or to keep discussions G-rated when she's around. Or maybe if Michaella is Addallee's buddy, Addallee asked to go with her buddy, just like how the little Duggar girls go for their buddies not their parents when they're upset...

Or, in the sick twisted world of some forms of fundie-ism, it's to keep the two close-in-age siblings from being alone together. I hope not, ugh.

Well someone beat me to posting lol. My first thought when I saw that they updated was the blog was got to comment about this on FJ :)

Now they look they they are keeping the 6 inch rule (plus some) BUT in the 5th picture it looks like Zachs' hand is much closer then 6 inches (might be the way it is posed tho). When I first saw the picture I thought it was his hand on her thigh and was shocked than I thought about it and took another look and it wasn't.

WHERE is Zach's hand??? Surely he wasn't less than 6 inches from actually TOUCHING her!!!111!!!! :o

While, Addalee is an adorable little chaperone, I think this beats even Michelle calling in "helpers" when the oldest girls are away. Kelly does not even let Michaela leave her buddy for a few days.

While I'm sure that Zack has nothing but sincere intentions, I also think he has no intention of joining Dad's tree surgeon business. Lord knows he does not make that much as a politician or as a volunteer firefighter/deputy. That boy takes his geetar EVERYWHERE, and that was true even before this courtship. I think he saw Sara, saw that her family already does business in music, and decided that was for him. Hell, he's already performed with them, so that was as good as an audition. When Sara starts popping them babies out, he will just keep playing with the group. Just because she'll be forced to give up her musical career doesn't mean he will.

Guest Anonymous
While, Addalee is an adorable little chaperone, I think this beats even Michelle calling in "helpers" when the oldest girls are away. Kelly does not even let Michaela leave her buddy for a few days.

While I'm sure that Zack has nothing but sincere intentions, I also think he has no intention of joining Dad's tree surgeon business. Lord knows he does not make that much as a politician or as a volunteer firefighter/deputy. That boy takes his geetar EVERYWHERE, and that was true even before this courtship. I think he saw Sara, saw that her family already does business in music, and decided that was for him. Hell, he's already performed with them, so that was as good as an audition. When Sara starts popping them babies out, he will just keep playing with the group. Just because she'll be forced to give up her musical career doesn't mean he will.

Papa Bates shoulda been more like Papa Maxwell and taken away that instrument in the name of the Lord when he had the chance...

And it looks like Sarah is leading the reading rather than Zach...

No doubt Zach told her what to read, otherwise how would she know?

Has no one brought up on here that Kelly Bates is pregnant again??? I just saw it on the blog, but the post is 10 days old, which means they've gotten to the 10 week period where they lost the last baby.

Archived