IGNORED

Another Pearl lover

mastercleaner

Came across this woman. I don't think shes been discussed yet.

keeperofhishome.wordpress.com

Shes a gem, a dumb one... shes the classic "punishing" her daughter and then having her apologize and give mom a hug

Found her on twitter and called her out for being a Pearl lover. Of course I got the "I'm praying for you" response.

Well that just pissed me off, I continued to ask her if she actually believed that babies were manipulative from day one. And if she thought hitting her 7 month old for doing normal baby things sounded rational. I know to them it sure does!

She responded that she didnt want to engage me in this topic, that she followed the word of God, what do I follow?

I reponded that I guess my God is different cause he believes that all babies and children are innocent, not manipulative and not to be abused...

she of course has not responded..

I couldn't find much about child training on her blog. (Though she definitely seems fundie) Do you have links to specific posts or does she talk about this on her twitter account?

Sorry, I skimmed through the blog when I saw she was a Pearl fan and saw an entry about "punishing" her daughter!

I haven't gotten a chance to really read through the rest of it yet!

Here you go -- she is so very clever to avoid using even any of Pearl's euphemisms for hitting, but I think this is pretty clear:

keeperofhishome.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/training-up-children/

I do want to share that God tells us here that disciplining and training up your child is an act of love. Throughout Proverbs we read that using the rod of correction is what is best for the child. We must take these words seriously and follow the Lord’s leading. He says He chastens us because He loves us. We are His children and He wants what is best for us. Sometimes His corrections hurt, but they are always for the best in the long run. The purifying of gold and precious silver through the hot fire is necessary, and God has entrusted our children to us to be brought up according to His Word. Therefore, mothers who love their children will discipline them. As to the method, well, I’ll let you read through the Proverbs and decide for yourself how God is instructing us.

Here you go -- she is so very clever to avoid using even any of Pearl's euphemisms for hitting, but I think this is pretty clear:

keeperofhishome.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/training-up-children/

That is vile. I love my child so I beat her is BS. I'm lazy so I beat my child. I'm miserable so I beat my child. I hate my life and the only person i can take it out on is the only person littler and weaker than me. That is the truth, not "I do it out of love!"

Guest Anonymous

That is vile. I love my child so I beat her is BS. I'm lazy so I beat my child. I'm miserable so I beat my child. I hate my life and the only person i can take it out on is the only person littler and weaker than me. That is the truth, not "I do it out of love!"

THIS, squared!

To Chelsea:

You - ma'am, are an idiot. You train a dog - not a child. If you lived where I live, I wouldn't hesitate to turn you in for child abuse. Not only would you lose the custody of your child, you would also expect a nice kind of sanction. In this country you could even end up in prison (spanking has led to that kind of legal sanction before), where I think you belong. Perhaps someone would discipline you there - you vile, primitive cave-woman. I sooo wish you lived here. You would get the kind of treatment you would only deserve. Your child would hopefully get the kind of family she deserves.

With love,

a social worker

*head splody*

I always have my son give me a hug after a temper tantrum/time out but its more of a "I love you and lets talk about what happened" and the time out isn't punishment- we very clearly say "you need to cool down. can you sit in time out until you can cool down and be calm?" and he's even put himself in "time out" he'll start to get overwhelmed and walk over to the stairs and sit there and take several deep breaths.

I fucking hate the Pearls. As a Jew I do not believe in Hell, but I wish there was one because they deserve to rot in it.

I'm going to go cuddle my spirited 2 1/2 year old who would never survive the Pearl's "training" because he's so stubborn and independent.

and he's even put himself in "time out" he'll start to get overwhelmed and walk over to the stairs and sit there and take several deep breaths.

This is a sign that you are a good parent. You are teaching him to self regulate. That is what parents are supposed to do, we are supposed to help our children learn how to help themselves. I do hope that you let him know how proud of him you are when he realizes that he needs a break and takes one. I put myself in time out as an adult sometimes, mostly at work LOL "I need a minute, I'll be back"....to the bathroom to calm down, haha.

What are you supposed to learn anyway, when you get spanked? I mean, do people usually learn anything when they are scared? Then why hasn't anyone advised me to include spanking in my study technique - to achieve academic success? Considering my fear of ants, maybe I should find the closest anthill and sit down there with my books...

I posted a comment but if it ever sees the light of day, you can knock me over with a feather.

However they try to rationalize this form of discipline, it's still child abuse.

I think that physical punishment just teaches a child to be devious and a facile liar so as not to get caught the next time. At least, that's what it taught me.

I also can remember being five or six years old, carefully weighing the pain of the spanking versus the joy of the forbidden act, and thinking along the lines of 'to hell, it's worth a hiding'. :twisted:

(Edited to add that I think these people are foul and abusive, just in case that wasn't clear.)

These people make me so sick. My daughter might have squeaked by in one of their homes, but my boys, esp. BoyKay, would never survive. I can't even picture what would happen to them - it makes me too sick. Just imagining ToddlerKay sitting there like a tiny drone, without that impish grin and sparkle in his eyes, makes me want to go bawl into my pillow. Those poor babies. :(

Came across this woman. I don't think shes been discussed yet.

keeperofhishome.wordpress.com

Shes a gem, a dumb one... shes the classic "punishing" her daughter and then having her apologize and give mom a hug

Found her on twitter and called her out for being a Pearl lover. Of course I got the "I'm praying for you" response.

Well that just pissed me off, I continued to ask her if she actually believed that babies were manipulative from day one. And if she thought hitting her 7 month old for doing normal baby things sounded rational. I know to them it sure does!

She responded that she didnt want to engage me in this topic, that she followed the word of God, what do I follow?

I reponded that I guess my God is different cause he believes that all babies and children are innocent, not manipulative and not to be abused...

she of course has not responded..

See here I thought there was a quote from Jesus saying something along the lines of if you hurt one of the little ones it's better to have a millstone tied around your neck and be drowned. I'm too lazy to look it up exactly, but regardless, if you believe Jesus existed how can you possibly argue that he would be supportive of completely beating the will out of a child?? The god of the Old Testament might like it, in between bashing enemy's infants against rocks, cutting open pregnant women, forcing rape victims to marry their rapists, turning people into salt pillars, etc. But you can't tell me the christ for which your religion is named would be happy to see children treated like that.

And I second whoever said that spanking didn't teach me anything but how to lie better and be more careful not to get caught. It didn't teach me right from wrong or how to make good decisions whatsoever. Just to be sneakier next time.

See here I thought there was a quote from Jesus saying something along the lines of if you hurt one of the little ones it's better to have a millstone tied around your neck and be drowned. I'm too lazy to look it up exactly, but regardless, if you believe Jesus existed how can you possibly argue that he would be supportive of completely beating the will out of a child??

Welcome to the bizarro world of Fundie child-beaters. They actually use that quote to support their filthy ways, believe it or not.

I know I've read it used to say, in essence, "if you don't use the rod, you are hurting your children, so non-spankers are the ones who deserve the millstone."

Michael Pearl puts a slightly different spin on it. He promotes the idea that parents who doesn't spank early and often invariably lose their temper and beat their children. :roll:

From To Train Up a Child:

A CAUTION TO RECIPIENTS OF THE MILLSTONE AWARD

There are always some who act in the extreme. Such could use what has been said about the legitimate use of the rod to justify ongoing brutality to their children. I can think of several right now. These abusers of their children would not in the least view themselves as such. They would call themselves "strong disciplinarians." "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea (Matt. 18:6)."

I am ashamed to say that, in most cases, the rod is administered at the end of an intolerance curve. The average parents (Average parents end up with average children--the wrong end of the scale) are quite predictable in their "discipline" reactions. They go through several "warm-up" exercises to become sufficiently angry to generate retaliation against the child.

COMMON SCENARIO

"Johnny, stop climbing on the stool. You could break something. Did you hear what I said? I am not going to tell you again. What do you mean, 'No?' Now you do what I tell you to--right now. DO YOU HEAR ME?!! GEEETT DOWNNN!!! I have had about all I am going to take from you. Why are you always so hard headed? You are driving me crazy! This is absolutely the last time I am going to tell you...

"GET DOWN!!!" Then she tell him several more times.

At this point it is a competition between the emotionally disturbed mother and the little boy. A cauldron of anger and resentment has built up in this mother that is momentarily at a near killing rage. It is the exact feelings that, in greater proportions, and in the less restrained, lead to murder dozens of times every day. Her hostility gushes forth. Like a striking snake her arm becomes a bungle cord yanking the child from the stool, swinging him screaming through the air. With the other bare hand she strikes out at his bottom in a wild spray of flat handed karate chops. The gyrating child, his little shoulder nearly dislocated, screams his protest of defiance. The mother has vented her anger and is ready to resume her routine. The child goes off to plot his next escapade. This has no more resemblance to discipline than a playground fight.

Once the parent's feelings of personal injury are expelled through this act of violence (that's what it is in the case described) and the kid flees from sight, or appears sufficiently subdued not to cause the parent more trouble, the parent is satisfied. "Forget the kid. He will not cause ME any more trouble for awhile." A truly concerned parent is going to patiently instruct the child for his own good. The rod must be accompanied by reproof in order to give wisdom. By reproof, we don't mean ranting and raving.

It is this very knowledge of their own lack of self-control that constrains some parents from ever using the rod. Their own life is so out of control and filled with guilt that they recognize their inability to be objective and fair in discipline. Their unwillingness to repent and bring their own life into balance will cause the children to suffer from a lack of the proper administration of the rod.

These people need to actually see and hear about kids who turned out fine without corporal punishment; the Pearls make them think that if they don't spank (or rather, beat) their children, then the parents are spiritual wimps, and the kids will grow up with carnal, rebellious spirits, and no respect for their parents.

My parents beat me when I was a kid. They did not "spank" - my ass got whipped with belt buckles and wooden spoons on a regular basis, and I received quite a few backhands across the face. My parents didn't know any better. I didn't respect them because of it; I was scared shitless and withdrew even more than I already did by nature. Oh, and I peed the bed - pretty sure there was a link there somewhere. They realized how much they were screwing up their kids, thankfully; they reformed, and while my father passed away before we could fully heal our relationship, my mother and I developed a very close, loving and respectful bond that remains several years after her passing.

I have never beaten my children. Sometimes it scares me when I get angry, because I know how easy it is to haul off and smack a child. I've learned how to rewire my thinking, and gain respect from my children. They have been disciplined with time out, for the most part, and then lots of hugs and talks about what happened. If I occasionally lose my cool and raise my voice, it's always followed with an apology, and why it was wrong for me to yell. My kids are not afraid of me. I don't have to lay a finger on them. I don't even have to change my facial expression for the most part; a raised eyebrow and speaking their name in an even tone is enough to either inspire them to apologize, or send them running to avoid "the talk". My kids have more respect for me than I ever had for my parents when they hit me, but more importantly, they know I love them, and they love me, and themselves. They trust me, and know that I would never take away their dignity or try to change who they are. Seriously, Pearl fans, it's easier than beating your kids, and everyone is a hell of a lot happier in the long run.

For those who still think beating your kids is the way to go, I can't wait until you are all old and infirm. I really hope your kids pick the shittiest nursing homes that they can find to stuff you into. See how fun it is when you're helpless and at the mercy of the people who are supposed to care for you then.

See here I thought there was a quote from Jesus saying something along the lines of if you hurt one of the little ones it's better to have a millstone tied around your neck and be drowned. I'm too lazy to look it up exactly, but regardless, if you believe Jesus existed how can you possibly argue that he would be supportive of completely beating the will out of a child?? The god of the Old Testament might like it, in between bashing enemy's infants against rocks, cutting open pregnant women, forcing rape victims to marry their rapists, turning people into salt pillars, etc. But you can't tell me the christ for which your religion is named would be happy to see children treated like that.

And I second whoever said that spanking didn't teach me anything but how to lie better and be more careful not to get caught. It didn't teach me right from wrong or how to make good decisions whatsoever. Just to be sneakier next time.

I used the millstone quote on a fundie (ex)friend once. She said it wasn't referring to children but to "Bible Believing Christians", and that you actually hurt children more by not spanking them. I told her she was a crazy hypocrite, and her response was, "Well, my preacher said that's what it means so that's good enough for me." :evil: :evil:

Does he really think an "average parent" goes into a "killing rage" over things their kids do? Especially trivial stuff like playing on a stool? Move the kid and move on. For cripes sake.

Welcome to the bizarro world of Fundie child-beaters. They actually use that quote to support their filthy ways, believe it or not.

I know I've read it used to say, in essence, "if you don't use the rod, you are hurting your children, so non-spankers are the ones who deserve the millstone."

Michael Pearl puts a slightly different spin on it. He promotes the idea that parents who doesn't spank early and often invariably lose their temper and beat their children. :roll:

Can I just say, that if I am lucky enough to have kidlets one day, I hope I'm half the mother you guys here are. You are incredible women to parent with so much love and understanding.

Does he really think an "average parent" goes into a "killing rage" over things their kids do? Especially trivial stuff like playing on a stool?

That's what he said. I'm sure he'd have to say that he really believes that.

Because it couldn't be exaggerating to scare people into buying his crap out of fear -- nah, couldn't be that.

Does he really think an "average parent" goes into a "killing rage" over things their kids do? Especially trivial stuff like playing on a stool? Move the kid and move on. For cripes sake.

Well, maybe he and Debbi did go into "killing rages" over little things so he assumes that everyone else does too. Or he just likes to jump to the worse possible scenario to freak parents out and sell more books.

Well, maybe he and Debbi did go into "killing rages" over little things so he assumes that everyone else does too. Or he just likes to jump to the worse possible scenario to freak parents out and sell more books.

I think he's just a psychopath.

From To Train Up a Child:

....Deep breaths....

The child goes off to plot his next escapade!?!?

Sometimes, Michael Pearl -you psychotic POS- mothers ask/tell their children to get off the stool; if said children then do not, they are capable of gently removing, ofttimes while hugging simultaneously, and explaining the dangers (bashing your head against a counter, even in theory, does not equal good time to anyone I know) so that the situation doesn't devolve into a womanly case of vapours/PMS/infanticide.

Mind. Totally. Boggled.

Archived