IGNORED

WTF, Kirk Cameron "Love Speech"

Guest Member456

Guest Anonymous
Kirk Cameron is playing the victim card for all that it’s worth. Following up his new partnership with the National Organization for Marriage, Cameron spoke at Liberty University last week about the comments he made in an interview with Piers Morgan in March. Choosing not to reiterate his belief that homosexuality is “unnatural,†“detrimental,†and “ultimately destructive†to society, Cameron simply said that his words constituted “love speech,†and that liberals tried to “crucify†him for these remarks:

CAMERON: Will you speak the truth in love? Because the truth is always “love speech,†it’s not “hate speech.†The truth, communicated with compassion, with a desire to see people in a right relationship with God — helped, and healed, and whole — is the most genuine form of love speech you can give to anyone. Am I right?

But you know, I also learned a lesson from that. And that is that blasphemy laws are still alive and well in America. And I seem to have blasphemed the God of political correctness and they tried to drag me out into the public square and crucify me.

First off, no Kirk, you're not right.

Secondly, could someone please let me know where this barbaric assault of Kirk Cameron took place? Oh wait, that didn't happen! People disagreeing with your bigotry does not equal being dragged out into the square and tortured to death, Kirk. So glad I could clear that up for you.

Source with video at the link: http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/10/1 ... ve-speech/

Guest Anonymous

He is the master of spin. I'm surprised he's not a political advisor.

Love speech would be to give information and not to condemn any decision someone makes.

I have a friend who is against gay marriage, but votes in favor of it. She'll say she thinks it's wrong, but will support the rights of others to make their choices and won't look down on her gay friends for making a decision she wouldn't, a decision that she admits doesn't hurt anyone and doesn't threaten her marriage.

Kirky actively condemns and tries to prevent equal rights. We all know he wouldn't allow a gay person into his how even as a worker. We all know he'd love to see "pray the gay away" conventions all over the US and for public schools to teach that it's wrong. He is full of hate.

Seems weird for a Christian to use "crucify" so flippantly, unless he actually thinks that his experience is like what Jesus went through.

Which, now that I say it, he probably does.

The truth is, Kirk, that you are a giant douchenozzle. I say that with love, in hopes that you will repent and see the error of your ways and stop living in such darkness. HTH!

It's like he's setting himself up to be a martyr for the cause. Ugh. Sorry, Kirk. Being a bigot doesn't justify your actions if you back them up with religion.

The last time I watched Growing Pains was maybe five or six years ago. I can't remember which cable channel aired it. But if it ended back on cable, I wouldn't be to watch it, even though Joanna Kearns and Alan Thicke were my favorites. Kirk was a douche to his cast mates and let's not forget the Julie McCullough incident.

can't stand him. He's a homophobe and it makes me sad and angry!!!

We all know that straight, white, Christian men are historically the most persecuted people... right? (UGH)

QUESTION: How can you tell whether an individual who claims to suffer persecution is actually being mistreated, as opposed to his merely being butthurt?

ANSWER: Take a deeper look at the situation. Is this individual currently making stacks of money by deliberately angering other people, even going so far as to target specific minorities for his opprobrium?

If yes, does he react to criticism by poisoning the discourse with a geyser-spew of rancid hyperbole about how disagreeing with him is tantamount to torturing him to death?

If you've answered yes yet again, then the person under discussion is indeed a thin-skinned, hypocritical manchild who lacks any sense of proportion or irony.

There is one sense in which Caneron's comments are easy to understand, however: Since he knows he would be verbally crushed in an open debate, he pretty much sticks to his own kind, hearing nothing but the roar of an echo-chamber in his ears. When he steps out of the rarified bubble in which he's a great actor, hero, and theologian, he must contend with what average people here in the real world think of him:

“That kid from Growing Pains; what's he up to now? Making crappy religious movies and hating on gays. Child Actor Syndrome strikes again.â€

“Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort did what with a banana?â€

“If he can't back his arguments up with logic or fact, and relies only on the Bible in an effort designed to sway not only the religious but the non-religious as well, then his PR strategy is as bad as his acting.â€

“Who? And I'm supposed to give a shit what he thinks, why?â€

QUESTION: How can you tell whether an individual who claims to suffer persecution is actually being mistreated, as opposed to his merely being butthurt?

ANSWER: Take a deeper look at the situation. Is this individual currently making stacks of money by deliberately angering other people, even going so far as to target specific minorities for his opprobrium?

If yes, does he react to criticism by poisoning the discourse with a geyser-spew of rancid hyperbole about how disagreeing with him is tantamount to torturing him to death?

If you've answered yes yet again, then the person under discussion is indeed a thin-skinned, hypocritical manchild who lacks any sense of proportion or irony.

There is one sense in which Caneron's comments are easy to understand, however: Since he knows he would be verbally crushed in an open debate, he pretty much sticks to his own kind, hearing nothing but the roar of an echo-chamber in his ears. When he steps out of the rarified bubble in which he's a great actor, hero, and theologian, he must contend with what average people here in the real world think of him:

“That kid from Growing Pains; what's he up to now? Making crappy religious movies and hating on gays. Child Actor Syndrome strikes again.â€

“Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort did what with a banana?â€

“If he can't back his arguments up with logic or fact, and relies only on the Bible in an effort designed to sway not only the religious but the non-religious as well, then his PR strategy is as bad as his acting.â€

“Who? And I'm supposed to give a shit what he thinks, why?â€

:clap: +1. He's living in his own little hate-filled, privileged bubble.

Archived