IGNORED

Lise is in labor

clibbyjo

Married in December, baby in September. 9 months to the day almost.

Kress is pregnant with #5 and Katie is with #6.

Probably on the compound. Rachel is the only one to have a hospital birth, I believe.

She posted at 11:30 this morning,still no update. My first was 17 hour labor so I assume this must have gone longer than they thought at the rate they were talking it would be anytime.

Close to 5. She was 30-31 and he 26 at the wedding. No idea when his b-day is, but it's somewhere between 4 and 5 years difference. Right now, she's 31 for sure and he likely had a birthday.

Whatever the deets, he should be respecting his elder. :mrgreen:

I don't get the William/Liam naming trend. They're two different names arn't they?

Anyway, it's a normal enough name.

I don't get the William/Liam naming trend. They're two different names arn't they?

Liam is the short form of the Irish version of William, Uilliam, so it makes a kind of sense, I guess.

I feel so sorry for any child born into that lifestyle.

(Also, hi. Long-time lurker. Of all the things to make me start posting...)

William Cleveland Morton, Jr "Liam" born 4:34 pm 9lb 1oz 22 in

Hospital Birth

Whose blog has the name posted? I just checked Mortons and they only say "baby boy".

Liam is the short form of the Irish version of William, Uilliam, so it makes a kind of sense, I guess.

I feel so sorry for any child born into that lifestyle.

(Also, hi. Long-time lurker. Of all the things to make me start posting...)

It can be a short form of William too. I actually really like the name Liam, but it's not very common in the US.

Also, welcome :greetings-waveyellow:

Oh, my. Another Morton. Well, they'd better hop to it if they are planning to fill that quiver! Lise, get up and walk a bit and you'll be ready for intercourse again by nightfall.

Well, Lise is has a petite frame and delivered a 9 pound kid. It was bad enough that she had to go to the hospital, so it's easy to conclude that she either had a c-section or a difficult vaginal birth, likely with tearing.

At any rate, I don't think there will be any sweet fellowship in their barn loft for 4-6 weeks, minimum. To catch up, she could hand Liam off to a SIL as a wetnurse so she can get to conceiving as quickly as possible.

Liam is the Irish form of William. One of my son's is named Liam. He is named for my my Great-Grandfather who was Liam Bride in Ireland and it was changed to William McBride when he emigrated to New York in the 1880's. His Irish name of Liam was changed to the American version of William. Bride became McBride because it means son of the Bride. At least that's what my Grandfather told me.

Regardless obviously I like the name Liam!

Addie has posted the information at the Mortons' blog: mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/

A hospital birth is inferred from Addie's comments: "We had a pizza and chocolate party in the waiting room, and all the folks rejoiced."

It can be a short form of William too. I actually really like the name Liam, but it's not very common in the US.

Liam is actually a common name given to baby boys in the US nowadays. It was the 15th most popular boy name in the country in 2011, according to SSA data.

I think its a really nice name. If I lived in an english-speaking country, I'd choose this name for a boy too.

I wonder if there were any complications that made them have a hospital birth. Normally all Morton babies are born on the compound. Maybe Lise&Cleve decided that they were not comfy with a homebirth, which means that they are allowed to make some decisions without Pa Mortons permission.

I think its a really nice name. If I lived in an english-speaking country, I'd choose this name for a boy too.

I wonder if there were any complications that made them have a hospital birth. Normally all Morton babies are born on the compound. Maybe Lise&Cleve decided that they were not comfy with a homebirth, which means that they are allowed to make some decisions without Pa Mortons permission.

I believe I read somewhwre Lise's dad is a dr., so I am sure that helped her decide hospital was the way to go. That is a huge first baby too, my first was 8'15 and I needed medical help to get him out.

Archived