IGNORED

Can we get any more judgmental?

0 kids n not countin

Back on topic: Someone posted this shit on fb yesterday. Said something about how it was what she wanted for her kids. By the time I read the article and went back to reply she had already deleted it. I'm guessing she was getting some rather unfavorable comments.

Back on topic: Someone posted this shit on fb yesterday. Said something about how it was what she wanted for her kids. By the time I read the article and went back to reply she had already deleted it. I'm guessing she was getting some rather unfavorable comments.

Maybe she couldn't deal with the people asking her why she wanted her kids to be smug assholes ? ;)

No Arndt boy got married. An Arndt boy linked to another guy's story.

OOPS! I didn't click because I didn't think I could handle the nonsense. Thanks for setting me straight Aretejo! :D

This is something I'll never understand. It's always black and white with these people. You're either saving yourself for marriage or jumping into bed with everyone you meet. He basically calls any woman who chooses to have sex before marriage a whore. He clearly thinks he is superior to everyone who doesn't do it his way. What would he have done if he and his wife were sexually incompatible? Although he probably wouldn't be able to tell if that did happen.

I was a virgin when I got married, back in the early '70s. Some of my friends were, too--some weren't. And we weren't all "Marie is a slut-like WHORE because she did the nasty with her boyfriend when he visited her at college!" or "Hane is a sparkly snow-white SAINT because she didn't let her fiance come knockin' on heaven's door before the wedding!" We figured that our own business was OUR OWN BUSINESS.

Meanwhile, Marie has been married to the boyfriend in question for 38 years, and Hane has been divorced twice. Two Nice Catholic girls of similar upbringing--two completely different results.

Be a virgin until you get married. Talk about it if you like. Seriously, I don't care, it's your body. But an attitude like this guy's is totally uncalled for and really disgusting. I feel sorry for his wife, who basically went from being a walking hymen to a walking uterus.

Dude, off the pedistal! I can use it to stand on to hang pictures on my wall.

As long as both parties agree and no one's getting hurt it's nobody's business what goes on or doesn't go on before the wedding! An aunt of mine had a "shot gun" wedding so to speak and twenty-eight years later she's still very happy with her husband.

Guest Anonymous
He prayed as a young virgin for sticky hands? Somehow I think his prayers were answered...

"In the comic books, Spiderman's only power was having sticky hands. Plenty of teenage boys had that superpower."

My first joke, 2005. (I was a nerd!)

My dad posted that article and was genuinely baffled by people's negative reaction! It took me just a minute before these verses popped into my head:

Luke 18:9-14

New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.â€

in other words...ick.

I had premarital sex, but my husband doesn't drink at all, so we toasted with sparkling grape juice and were completely sober all night.

And there's no rule I've ever heard of that says you can't be a drunk virgin.

We did the long distance thing for a while, and I think having premarital sex preserved our relationship. We wouldn't have considered each other important enough to keep dating despite being 2,000 miles away from each other if we hadn't already had sex, I don't think. And although we were hedonistic floozies, or something, we both went months without seeing each other and managed to remain faithful. (I mean, I did, and although I didn't attach secret cameras on all his shirts I trust that he did too.) I thought the wedding was special and meant something, but one thing that didn't change was how important our relationship was, because it was already such a priority. We've spent almost a decade together finding a balance between encouraging the other's career and seeking out our own--and if, yes, a party isn't the main thing that holds us together, that's why.

If he has NO prior experience at all to compare it to, how could he know his wedding night was so great? And how would he have any clue if she was enjoying it either?

Everything about this article/author pisses me off. :evil: I second just about every comment made here.

But, this pisses me off the most:

I write this on a plane heading into a tropical paradise with the most beautiful woman to have walked the planet earth. I know everybody says that their bride was the “most beautiful in the world.†They’re wrong. I win.

THIS is the attitude that turned me off of men from church many years ago. Women are objects whose worth is in her virginity AND her beauty. In my experience, Christian men are the most judgmental of all God's creatures. God wants the best for them, and the best is defined by the very "worldly" ideals (body shape, beauty) that they claim to otherwise disparage. (I hope I am saying that right -- in their minds "worldly" values are bad when it comes to many things, but when it comes to women's beauty they parrot very narrow Western beauty ideals, further devaluing women.)

I know I am generalizing, but I married at 35 and between 18-35 I never once met a Christian man who wasn't a shallow jack-wagon. I swore off them long ago and ended up married to a man that swore off church long ago (he grew up Fundie Catholic.) I am more than just a testimony that God loves him best or that God does not care for him, punishing him with a sub par wife. I get to be a whole human being in this relationship.

I am also pretty damn sure that my hubs thinks he hit a jackpot when he met me (I know that's how I feel about him), but he would never, ever proclaim himself life's marriage "winner" and belittle other peoples' relationships. Yes, he won. So did millions of other happy people. Some winners even had (gasp) sex before they were married. You know who lost? This guy's wife. God help her.

Edited because even someone with a couple of English degrees makes basic grammar errors when pissed.

If he has NO prior experience at all to compare it to, how could he know his wedding night was so great? And how would he have any clue if she was enjoying it either?

Its hyped up as being even better if you wait. The problem is that the first time with any partner can be awkward. You have to learn about each other. Find out what what brings pleasure to both of you. Its a learning process and sometimes you have to practice before you get it right.

My fiance sent me this, hed seen it on facebok. I couldn't get over the objectification of his wife. I'm so grateful my fiancé is marrying me for my brain, and to hymnal status. I really felt for his wife though - imagine thinking sex is shameful for the better part of your life, then having your sex life written about for all the world to see.

Did anyone else notice he's a "comedian and fox news columnist"? I initially thought that the two were mutually exclusive, but obviously they mean he's a 'conservative Christian' comedian, which just calls for judgmental observations about the heathens, no humour necessary.

Typical fundie. They claim to be living the way God intended, but see no issue with being proud and boastful, or with making sweeping judgments about their brothers and sisters. The more fundie they are, the less godly.

So he's recently married and he thinks his marriage is great? Wow, he must be the first in the world. That couple is just so super special and unique. :roll:

Hahahaha...yes and people always find particular reasons...oh! It must be because we stayed celibate! Nobody else in love loves each other really, especially not if they had sex. Or something.

Archived