IGNORED

Please bath your kids, Kelly!

aggythenostic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

onomatopoeia, like nuri posted, try Chagrin Valley. Cannot say enough good things about them, seriously. I just ran out and bought a bar of soap at a farmers maket and it was OK, but no comparison.

Oh shit they're throwing out the Leviticus quotes.

Ok, now it is scary if it's Kelly that is the voice of reason. :shock: I'm scared. :(

Gracious, I’ve actually taught my 5yr and 4yr old little girls how to change our 3month old little boy’s daiper and they’re a great help in introducing our 2yr old little boy in potty training. Is that a bad thing?

Yes. But not for the reason you think it is.

Heh! Love Titus! Please post more, Titus!

I go by what the Bible says! Here is scripture clearly stating not to show your child’s nakedness!

9The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.

10The nakedness of thy son’s daughter, or of thy daughter’s daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness.

Leviticus 18:9-10

I'm trying to figure out how Titus bathes her daughters.....in sheets? Wearing pjs? How does she avoid nekkid?

I responded. I had to. I know I shouldn't take the bait.

I feel that children age 3 and under have no need for modesty. Of course that is an age traditionally used by my religion. I think for most children even at older ages, they just don't get it.

Of course as I said in another thread, I guess I underestimate children as sexual beings.

I use apple cider vinegar and baking soda on my hair every other day. I use an egg afterwards for conditioning, or something coconut oil. Its not terribly unusual, at least around here.

Bathing is important and little kids get dirty!

I, um, can also testify to the necessity of a good, long scrub after my papers were done. During Hell Week, my poor partner spent our evenings together making sure I ate, never mind bathed. And this was me not procrastinating! The night I turned them all in, though, I went upstairs and scrubbed every inch I could reach.

The "outfit" I wore and my level of uncleanliness while finishing my master's thesis is still a family joke. (I lived at home when I was in grad school.) I was writing 12+ hours a day and was so tired I was nearly hallucinating. Hygiene seemed beside the point, somehow.

I didn't bathe daily as a kid. Every other day seemed to be enough. But I wasn't the sort of kid who enjoyed playing in dirt. If I had, I probably would have been made to take baths more often.

Sorry I dropped the ball with the link :( Thanks to those who cleared up the confusion! :banana-dance:

And I agree, Titus needs to post more! I have half a mind to go back through the old comments and see if there is some old crazy we missed!

Bathing every other day is best, provided you're not dirty or sweaty. In that sort of heat & humidity without AC though, definitely baths would be in order every night.

Generally hair only needs to be washed once or twice a week. This is assuming it's not dirty or filled with hairspray, gel, etc.

I only shower every other day and wash my hair every other shower. There's no need to do it more often than that, and I have very sensitive skin. I don't even use soap; just the warm water is enough to get me clean. If I really need it though, I use very gentle body wash, since bar soap is that horrible. I used to have horrible acne; it mostly went away after I turned 18 and then went on birth control, but I notice if I shower every day I break out when I go back to my usual routine. It works for me, since even in crazy hot and humid North Carolina when I admit I only shower every 2-3 days people are shocked that I don't smell bad- even if they're actually sniffing me!

Americans are crazy about cleanliness, I tells ya.

I have to wash my hair everyday. One day without washing and my hair is a greasy mess.

I give my 9 month old son a bath everyday. I scrub him down with baby soap/shampoo at every bath. He's currently in orthotic equipment which makes him stink because he sweats underneath it. The smell is pretty bad. Almost gag worthy. In deference to others that need to be in his proximity, I make sure his butt gets in a bathtub everyday.

I remember working as a day camp counselor in high school and college and I remember being blown away by kid stink! I would be bathing my kid daily in the summer if I had one. Maybe not in the winter.

Count me as a daily bather. I have to at least stand under the shower every AM because I have very curly hair that is so messed up in the AM I need to wet it down so I can do anything with it. I also need to shave my pits because they sweat up something awful if I don't.

I work out most days and go horseback riding on weekends, so really there is no way out of daily showering for that. Also, because I"m such a hairy beast, in the summer I need to shave at least the bottom half of my legs daily.

Once I am out of my current stuff, I'm switching to chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/shambar.htm

They seem to get rave reviews. However, people keep giving me shampoo and free (particularly when it's LUSH shampoo bars) wins out over organic and natural every time.

that's what I use... their bars are HUGE, it's true. I love that they have soaps without olive oil in it, because it makes my skin dry.

Can we all please stop treating chemicals like a four-letter word? Water is a chemical. All matter is chemicals.

THAT. Really. The majority of people who throw that word around have no idea.

CH3COOH is a "chemical", too.

I have to wash my hair everyday. One day without washing and my hair is a greasy mess.

Mine was that way too. Then my SiL chastised me for it (She's a cosmetologist) and challenged me to only wash every other day unless I did something horrible to my hair that day. It's working out pretty well, but there was an adjustment period. I timed it so that I wasn't working when I switched, or styled my hair up .

Bathing every other day is best. . .

That's a rather declarative statement, as if it's fact. Actually, it's just your opinion. Some Americans may be hygiene "crazy", but some people from everywhere in the world, including America, smell bad despite appearing to be clean. That's my opinion.

Mine was that way too. Then my SiL chastised me for it (She's a cosmetologist) and challenged me to only wash every other day unless I did something horrible to my hair that day. It's working out pretty well, but there was an adjustment period. I timed it so that I wasn't working when I switched, or styled my hair up .

I did not dare saying it. My hairdressers always told me every other day is better, changing your shampoo helps a lot.

Of course I had the opposite problem in that my mom did not want me to wash my hair more than every 5 days. I got pimples in the head for having such greasy hair - and of course more than one comment on my disgusting state from my very nice peers.

But yeah I try every other day and it works well for me. Sometimes also people may not be able to see your hair is greasy, seriously. Better never use the shampoo for oily hair, only a regular shampoo not moisturizing and try it out.

I have fine hair that looks awful and greezy if I don't wash it every day. My husband, who is half Asian, has that sort of super thick Asian hair that gets dried out if he washes it daily. Hey, I don't judge :)

What got me about Kelly's post was that she urged less bathing to save money. There's something disturbing about the way she continually insists that Americans need to much of this and that, and having seven billion babies is actually affordable with less soap / food / medical care / clothing. First - who is she fooling? Saving $1 on soap is going to make it possible to pop out another three 'blessings' in the next three years? That's idiocy. She lives on her parent's property and she pays little for housing. She may as well be honest about that. Second, she's been known to tout using a SINGLE CHICKEN BREAST with a vat of pasta to feed her family of twelve. I mean, where's the end with this? The insistence that people are just wasteful, and nothing should cost anything? Squirting a little shampoo in the water and letting your kids splash around is not an economy move. It's just....ugh.

uhhh...I used baking soda and water, and apple cider vinegar on my hair for almost a year and my hair did NOT look like a 'meth head.' In fact...it was actually pretty good for it.

We wash our kids in harsh chemicals TOO much, and it dries their skin out really badly. Dipping in water, with just a little soap to soak is a heck of a lot better for your skin than scrubbing the hell out of it.

I get the 'snark' part of this but I'm not a fundie and damnit my hair looks good!

Second, she's been known to tout using a SINGLE CHICKEN BREAST with a vat of pasta to feed her family of twelve. I mean, where's the end with this? The insistence that people are just wasteful, and nothing should cost anything?

I have missed that part. A chicken breast is food for one person... not twelve. Perhaps there was a lot of pasta and veggies?

Well, her children are skinny.

Yes. But not for the reason you think it is.

Heh! Love Titus! Please post more, Titus!

I'm trying to figure out how Titus bathes her daughters.....in sheets? Wearing pjs? How does she avoid nekkid?

Um... I'm pretty sure those versus are about who you're allowed to sleep with, not about literally being naked.

My hair also gets greasy reaaaallly easily but if I make a habit of washing it every other day instead of every day, after a short transition, it can last that long between washes. If I wash every day even for 2 or 3 days though, it's back to greasy until I've been washing it every other day for a week or two again. Happily, I've recently discovered the baby powder trick - if your hair is lighter (light brown/blonde/lighter ginger), you can sprinkle a bit of baby powder on it and shake/brush it out and it absorbs the oil, yippee! It does dry it out if you use too much or do it too frequently though....it's like using dry shampoo. Really great if you sleep through your alarm clock and don't have time to shower before you need to leave though!

Archived