IGNORED

True Blood: Oh Those Defrauding Vampires!

Bozoette

I've been a True Blood fan since Season 1, but I must admit that last week's episode hit 11 on the defraud-o-meter, when Alcide (almost naked) and Eric (also almost naked) were glaring, growling, and baring their respective fangs at each other!

But be that as it may, I'm quite enjoying this season and looking forward to seeing how the witch/vampire fight turns out. Sookie seems much less annoying this season, and Bill seems to have grown a pair (and I don't mean fangs).

Any other fans out there? Who's your favorite character and how badly does he/she defraud you?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to add this now..

The books are better!

I totally hate the whole "Bill is king" line going. Or what they have done to the werepanthers.

I've been a True Blood fan since Season 1, but I must admit that last week's episode hit 11 on the defraud-o-meter, when Alcide (almost naked) and Eric (also almost naked) were glaring, growling, and baring their respective fangs at each other!

But be that as it may, I'm quite enjoying this season and looking forward to seeing how the witch/vampire fight turns out. Sookie seems much less annoying this season, and Bill seems to have grown a pair (and I don't mean fangs).

Any other fans out there? Who's your favorite character and how badly does he/she defraud you?

My favorite character is Sookie, and goodness, does she sure defraud me. All the parts where she's not wearing clothes = best parts for me. I got into it like 3 weeks ago, and I've just caught up now. I love Lafayette too, but not in a defraudy kind of way:) I don't find any vampires too defrauding, just because blood and biting really gross me out. Though that part with Pam and that Estonian chick where she's like "Lie back sweethart and think of Estonia." That was hot. I really want to read the books, but i'm afraid they'll spoil the show for me.

Now to share, because I'm soooo excited...I get to meet the guy who plays Sam! :D He's going to the Fan Expo in my city, and I will meet him and get his autograph, and it will be so exciting! And I will possibly tell him I love him. :D My 2 friends and I are going to buy Merlotte's shirts from Hot Topic, because they have them and they look just like the uniform on the show, and we're going to wear them to meet Sam so we can be his Merlotte's girls :romance-heartsthree:

I read all the books years ago and I have only rented season 1 as I don't have cable. Most of the characters are alot like I pictured, with Eric being freakin hot as can be! I saw the preview for the new season of Alcide stripping and was thinking I REALLY need to get season 2...

I have to add this now..

The books are better!

I totally hate the whole "Bill is king" line going. Or what they have done to the werepanthers.

I agree, I don't where they're taking it now, so many lines have been done so differently (Debbie, Tara, Lafayette/the witches, the were, BILL).

And I also think Eric is hot. In the third episode I was nearly fainting. Not when he was naked but just how he looks at sookie... aaah ahum, back to work.

One big plus of the show over the books - Lafayette.

Yeah, but I miss J.D. and I am wondering if we'll get an Amelia. Especially since the plot in the book is several years behind, so that would make Amelia's plot in Bon Temps hard to write.

Also, Bon Temps is in NORTH Louisiana, where it's not cyprus tress, moss and swamps. They call NoLA "The Piney Woods" for a reason.

Yeah, but I miss J.D. and I am wondering if we'll get an Amelia. Especially since the plot in the book is several years behind, so that would make Amelia's plot in Bon Temps hard to write.

Also, Bon Temps is in NORTH Louisiana, where it's not cyprus tress, moss and swamps. They call NoLA "The Piney Woods" for a reason.

and yet Claudine is already gone... I did not get that part though...

I'm a huge fan of the books, I watch the show for fun. I take it "as is". Yeah, Lafayette is a good addition, and the fleshing out of Tara's character is nice. They do seem to be straying farther and farther from the books though, which kind of worries me. They killed off the Queen, so that means no conference in Rhodes I guess (and all the storyline that followed that). Then they veered off track with the fairies and Claudine, which is really odd considering Claudine still has a presence all the way through book 11.

I really hope they put Quinn in next season. :dance: Wasn't that about when he was introduced in the books? I re-read them all once a year before May when the next new one comes out, but I need to refresh my memory again.

I have to add this now..

The books are better!

I hate what they've done with Calvin Norris, in particular. He was a respectable man in the books and they've made a mockery out of all of Hotshot. :(

I have only read two of the books. I do like that Lafayatte wasn't killed off in the show. True Blood is definitely defrauding entertainment and I love it.

I've watched the show on and off since it started, but now I'm finally all caught up. I'm so glad there are witches now, even if they may or may not be evil. I don't know what it is about witches, but they really capture my imagination...I'll watch anything with witches in it, even if it's really bad. So, for a show that I do like, the addition of witches is a dream. :)

Anyway, off of the witch tangent, my defrauding vampire is Jessica. And then I feel guilty, because I think Hoyt's a nice guy. But then she defrauds me again. Haha!

I must say that I'm a little disappointed with how cheesy the fairy world looks. It's almost like a four-year-old girl's fantasy fairy world, instead of a legit alternate dimension. Anyone else feel that way?

I agree that Lafayette is an amazing character. Is he not in the books? I'm so glad that he gets a good storyline/love interest this and last season, that's beyond "I'm being tortured."

Add me to the "wouldn't mind being defrauded by Eric" camp. He is hot

I'm just a few episodes into season 3 now, because we watch it on Netflix, but True Blood is about the only tv show I watch.

I was putting off reading the books because I didn't want spoilers for the show, but I may add them to my wish list if they are different, that was I can get my fix in between seasons.

I've watched the show on and off since it started, but now I'm finally all caught up. I'm so glad there are witches now, even if they may or may not be evil. I don't know what it is about witches, but they really capture my imagination...I'll watch anything with witches in it, even if it's really bad. So, for a show that I do like, the addition of witches is a dream. :)

Anyway, off of the witch tangent, my defrauding vampire is Jessica. And then I feel guilty, because I think Hoyt's a nice guy. But then she defrauds me again. Haha!

I must say that I'm a little disappointed with how cheesy the fairy world looks. It's almost like a four-year-old girl's fantasy fairy world, instead of a legit alternate dimension. Anyone else feel that way?

I agree that Lafayette is an amazing character. Is he not in the books? I'm so glad that he gets a good storyline/love interest this and last season, that's beyond "I'm being tortured."

Lafayette gets killed at the end of the first book. It's not the voodo woman that they find dead but him.

The books always revolve around Sookie's perspective, so many things that happen in the series just can't happen in a book following only one character.

I just rented seasons 2 and 3 until Monday at midnight so I will be busy for the next few days! I think I already saw season 2, but couldn;t remember and my video store is only $1 a night so I took the chance and got it just in case...

This was really NIKE :D and exactly the scene I hoped for since the first episode Alcide was shown. I really really love the show because it's not so soft and teenie-like like Vampire Diaries or Twilight. No, vampires don't sparkle when they hit the sunlight and no they don't want until marriage to have sex... :naughty:

I am going to rant a bit about True Blood, because I really hate how it portrays NoLA (North Louisiana). I almost feel like the show runners have never been to North Louisiana, and don't understand the culture or geography. They are preying on every single bad stereotype of southerners. The subtle jab at inbreeding with Bill dating his Great-Great-Great Granddaughter. The treatment of the Hotshot werepanthers, as I said earlier, especially makes me angry, because in the books Hot Shot was seen as odd, but otherwise hard working people.

North Louisiana is not a bastion of culture, but it's not as backward as they want to portray it either. I know they want to show this "homophobia/vamp-phobia" link, but I feel that they are missing so many intricate and incredible things about NoLA. In the books, the people in Bon Temps were never really that judgmental save for a few souls. The welcomed "Vampire Bill" into their community fairly quickly. I guess I just feel like Alan Ball is trying to push a certain POV, and it's betraying the spirit of the whole series.

well I loved the ending of last night's episode :D was waiting for that one for alooong time. However, seeing that Bill is coming I wonder how it's going to play out afterwards....

Alecto, yeah they managed to make them look more hillybilly than in the books.

I just finished my marathon of seasons 1 and 2(yes, that is all I did yesterday)and I want to know what happened with season 4 so far.

Alcide is adorable, lucky Sookie gets all these hot supernaturals!

I have to add that I love the books as well as the show. I like that they are different because it keeps me guessing.

I have to admit I could have done without the whole Tommy tangent on the show though.

I am sad that there will only be two more books.

On a fashion note, I LOVE the Queen's wardrobe. Its totally my style if I had thousands to spend on one outfit.

well she is french :roll:

ehehehe

I am just devastated at poor Pam's plight. I hope somehow her face gets back to normal so she can get back to being her wonderful, icy, bitchy self. (Pam defrauds me!)

Archived