IGNORED

40 K Moms Targeting ABC Family Pilot About A Lesbian Couple

lilwriter85

ABC Family announced they will film a pilot called "The Fosters" which is about a lesbian couple raising a family of biological and adopted kids. The pilot is being produced by a company owned by Jennifer Lopez. The 40 K Moms are targeting ABC Family. They already have issues with ABC Family because of the lesbian characters on Pretty Little Liars. Here is the 40 k moms bitch fest on "The Fosters"

onemillionmoms.com/issues/abc-continues-to-produce-anti-family-programs/

Obviously, ABC has lost their minds. They haven't let up so neither will we. ABC's Family Channel has several anti-family programs, and they are planning on adding to that growing list. ABC Family has approved a series pilot from Jennifer Lopez's production company, Nuyorican, about a lesbian couple and their diverse family. Many families have already discovered that ABC Family Channel is anything but family-friendly. But because of family being part of the network's name, we thought a warning should still be sent out for anyone who continues to watch the channel. A premiere date has not been set, but One Million Moms wanted to sound the alarm about this new series. It will be airing on the network soon unless we do something about it. They are in the beginning stages.

ABC Family reported the comedy-drama pilot, working with the title "The Fosters," is about two women raising a "21st century," multi-ethnic mix of foster and biological kids. While foster care and adoption is a wonderful thing and the Bible does teach us to help orphans, this program is attempting to redefine marriage and family by having two moms raise these children together. One Million Moms is not sure how the explanation will be given on how the biological children were conceived. None of this material is acceptable content for a family show.

Hollywood is continuing to push an agenda that homosexuality is acceptable when scripture states clearly it is a sin. As Christians, the Bible also says that we must speak up against sin. If we remain silent then we are guilty of sin also.

Lopez will be an executive producer for the hour-long project. Casting has not been announced. It's still in the pilot stage and hasn't been picked up for a series yet. Let's stop this dead in it its tracks.

Take Action

Please send your email to oppose ABC Family Channel's pilot "The Fosters" and strongly encourage ABC to drop all plans to air the program.

Let ABC know you and your family will not be watching "The Fosters" if it is in fact picked up for a series.

Let them also know you are prepared to join thousands of other voices in urging advertisers to place it on their "do not advertise" list and consider pulling all ads from the ABC network in protest.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny, that sounds like exactly the kind of show I'd like to watch with my family! But we all know that any family that doesn't fit OMM Family doesn't count.

Scripture also teach it is okay to own slaves. Should we stop schools from teaching about Uncle Tom's cabin', since it is going against the Christian right to own slaves

No. It's you have lost your minds and you have no sense of reality. The types of families in this country are changing and getting more diverse. Get over it and move on. You are fighting a losing battle.

They should just resign themselves to the fact that soon the only show they will deem acceptable on TV is American Bible Challenge on GSN--though apparently not the commercials. They have already complained about a bra commercial and an ad for Ultimate Fighting during the "family friendly" show.

Why does the show have to explain how the biological children were conceived? We all know already! Sperm + Egg = eventual baby mostly sometimes. Geez. Even my little one knows that!

OMM gives me a headache.

Guest Anonymous

I really need the family in this show not to be called the Fosters. A family that fosters kids whose surname is Foster? Lame. But I have a sneaking suspicion that that's exactly what this is. That would be my only problem with this new show.

That the OMM hate it is not exactly surprising. I think they sit in front of their computers all day googling 'Gay, lesbian, media' just to get angry about stuff.

I have a simple solution for OMM. Pick up the tv remote, push the power button. There, problem solved.

This never seems to occur to them. :roll:

nothing much worse then a christian who thinks they are the worlds moral compass. Like the whole world should bow to these hateful woman's opinions.

They need to be more honest.

Obviously, ABC has lost their minds paid attention to what people want to watch. They haven't let up so neither will we because we are sex-obsessed, immature busybodies, and that's how we roll..

ABC's Family Channel has several anti-familyprograms that reflect real life, and they are planning on adding to that growing list. ABC Family has approved a series pilot from Jennifer Lopez's production company, Nuyorican, about a lesbian couple and their diverse family.

Many self-righteous obnoxious families have already discovered that ABC Family Channel is anything but family-friendly does not fit their narrow worldview. But because of family being part of the network's name, and, as we mentioned above, our being sex-obsessed, immature busybodies, we thought a warning should still be sent out for anyone who continues to watch the channel.

A premiere date has not been set, but One Million Moms wanted to sound the alarm about this new series get brownie points from other rigid right-wingers by trying to be first to whine about it -- SCOOP! It will be airing on the network soon unless we do something about it insert scary music here. They are in the beginning stages.

ABC Family reported the comedy-drama pilot, working with the title "The Fosters," is about two women raising a "21st century," (we had to put that in quotes because we are trying so hard to deny that we are living in it)multi-ethnic mix of foster and biological kids.

While foster care and adoption is a wonderful thing and the Bible does teach us to help orphans, the way we interpret it, as long as we are allowed to whip them into submission, this program is attempting to redefine marriage and family by having two moms raise these children together. As we all know, Biblically it should be a show about a man, his many wives and concubines (some captured from a nearby land!) and their children

One Million Moms is not sure how the explanation will be given on creepily obsessing about how the biological children were conceived. None of this material is acceptable content for afamily show bigots like us.

Hollywood is continuing to push an agenda that homosexuality is acceptable when scripture states clearly it is a sin we have decided it is icky -- very, very icky. As Christians, the Bible also says that we must speak up against sin. If we remain silent then we are guilty of sin also being decent people who let others live their lives in freedom -- wouldn't want to do that, would we?

Lopez will be an executive producer for the hour-long project. Casting has not been announced. It's still in the pilot stage and hasn't been picked up for a series yet. Let's stop this dead in it its tracks. Let's be filled with dread and rage, way early -- it's never too early to start!

Take Action

Please send your email to oppose ABC Family Channel's pilot "The Fosters" and strongly encourage ABC to drop all plans to air the program.

Let ABC know you and your family will not be watching "The Fosters" if it is in fact picked up for a series. If possible, pout and stamp your foot a lot.

Let them also know you are prepared to join thousands . . .ehhh, dozens, at the outside of other voices of sex-obsessed, immature busybodies,in urging advertisers to place it on their "do not advertise" list and consider pulling all ads from the ABC network in protest.

Fixed. :D

I really need the family in this show not to be called the Fosters. A family that fosters kids whose surname is Foster? Lame. But I have a sneaking suspicion that that's exactly what this is. That would be my only problem with this new show.

That the OMM hate it is not exactly surprising. I think they sit in front of their computers all day googling 'Gay, lesbian, media' just to get angry about stuff.

I agree with the title is lame and I also think the family will be Foster. Maybe the producers will change the title or the character surnames around. I also think the 40 k moms and AFA do that type of googling. They probably should check out entertainment sites. If this show does picked up for series orders, the 40 k moms will probably target the advertisers of the show. 40 k moms bitched quite a bit last year and they managed to get Chuck E. Cheese to pull their ads from Pretty Little Liars. But that really didn't matter, because ABC Family just found another advertiser for PLL. The 40 k moms have backed down when it comes to bitching about PLL. They finally realized that PLL despite not being a high ratings show has a lot of popularity because it is based on a book series. Companies who continue to advertise during PLL are targeting female consumers and at the end of the day they aren't going to give a shit about 40 k moms

The 40 k moms likely don't realize the difficulties they are going to face when they go up against a production company owned by an A lister. I bet some of the 40 k moms don't even have cable and the ones that do likely never watch anything on ABC Family except for the 700 club airings.

Glad you liked it. :D

Wish they'd own it. :(

Brava!

Does anyone really kowtow to these bored soccer moms? Modern Family is still on, ladies. What, you couldn't convince a channel to get rid of one of the highest rated sitcoms, simply because you do not like the diversity of the families?

I used to not believe there were a million of them. Then the election brought out the underbelly of idiocy in this country, and IT BURNS!

A few advertisers have kowtowed to the 40 k moms. The Pretty Little Liars incident is an example. I think they did get advertisers to pull out of GCB. They also got Target to pull their ads from Teen Nick's airings of Degrassi. 40 k moms will never be able to take down a few of the shows that feature the ebil gays and they know it. Last TV season, they didn't bitch about Glee and last season the lesbian characters kissed a couple of times and the gay couple had sex off screen. I think they will probably give up on targeting Modern Family. That show has pretty good ratings and critical acclaim. They are now gunning for The New Normal because it is new and they are hoping they can take it down. If The New Normal gets at least 5 or 6 million viewers during the first few episodes, it will last at least one season.

This obsession with forcing media to pretend that the world is different than it actually is never ceases to amaze me. It's like they think that if there are no ads, television shows, or media representations of gay citizens, they will successfully be able to pretend they don't exist.

I also think it has to do with the fact that if gay people are on tv being normal, the people who have thus far felt the gay community is alien and weird might say "hey, these gay people are....really pretty much as boring as me. Huh." and stop worrying about Teh Ebil Gayz getting married and worry more about why the Republicans are blocking jobs bills every time they come up.

My cousin is a lesbian, and her partner of thirteen years is pregnant. My aunt and uncle (both 80, former nun and former priest) and my dad (83, former priest, look, it's a weird family, okay?) are all goddamned thrilled. "YAY A BABY!" is the general feeling around here. The fact that this baby will not be actually genetically related to any of them? Who the fuck cares? BABY. The kid will have two moms? Big deal. BABY. My aunt has been waiting for thirteen years for this.

And the more this happens - the more people have gay relatives and gay friends and see gay people in ads and on tv shows being pretty much exactly the same as straight people - the less likely it is that people are going to vote to take away or refuse civil rights to their gay friends, neighbors, and families. And that's what the 40K moms are afraid of.

Ghees glad the werent around in my day. "Soap", "All in the Family","The Jeffersons" or "Three's Company' would have never made it on air

Don't forget about Maude. She had an abortion because she didn't want to have to raise a new baby in her late forties.

When you consider that only about 10-15% of Americans live in stereotypical family arrangements (one dad, one mom plus kids) I think it really embraces family values to show a family that reflects how many people live.

In my very own town, for many years, a female couple (I'm 90% sure they were lesbians, but they never came out) fostered and adopted many children with disabilities and special needs. One of the partners passed away several years ago. They were both revered as selfless and loving.

Fuck you, 40K Moms.

This obsession with forcing media to pretend that the world is different than it actually is never ceases to amaze me. It's like they think that if there are no ads, television shows, or media representations of gay citizens, they will successfully be able to pretend they don't exist.

I also think it has to do with the fact that if gay people are on tv being normal, the people who have thus far felt the gay community is alien and weird might say "hey, these gay people are....really pretty much as boring as me. Huh." and stop worrying about Teh Ebil Gayz getting married and worry more about why the Republicans are blocking jobs bills every time they come up.

My cousin is a lesbian, and her partner of thirteen years is pregnant. My aunt and uncle (both 80, former nun and former priest) and my dad (83, former priest, look, it's a weird family, okay?) are all goddamned thrilled. "YAY A BABY!" is the general feeling around here. The fact that this baby will not be actually genetically related to any of them? Who the fuck cares? BABY. The kid will have two moms? Big deal. BABY. My aunt has been waiting for thirteen years for this.

And the more this happens - the more people have gay relatives and gay friends and see gay people in ads and on tv shows being pretty much exactly the same as straight people - the less likely it is that people are going to vote to take away or refuse civil rights to their gay friends, neighbors, and families. And that's what the 40K moms are afraid of.

I've read studies that pretty much prove this. The simple act of thinking about Ellen or the guys from Will and Grace made people much more accepting and open minded. Let alone having a truly diverse cast of characters on television (and in literature, and in real life!) Once we've got a generation of kids brought up this way, this whole debate will seem like a weird relic of the past to most people. The 40K moms are going to become the 40K embarrassing homophobic grandparents whether they like it or not.

PREACH.

I also was someone who had to reevaluate her attitudes towards gay people when I started to get to know them and suddenly gay people weren't some abstraction but my friends at summer camp, or the couple who threw a pool party for the temple youth group. I am glad that I had this happen when I was 15.

I really do think that the bigots are scared because they are losing the war. Outside the fundie/evangelical subcultures much of the antigay bigotry is generational and most people under 35-40 think gay marriage is a total non issue. Seing gay characters, even teenage characters is normal. I don't follow Glee but I'm aware that the teen gay couple (Kurt and Blaine) are one of the most popular couples.

A few advertisers have kowtowed to the 40 k moms. The Pretty Little Liars incident is an example. I think they did get advertisers to pull out of GCB. They also got Target to pull their ads from Teen Nick's airings of Degrassi. 40 k moms will never be able to take down a few of the shows that feature the ebil gays and they know it. Last TV season, they didn't bitch about Glee and last season the lesbian characters kissed a couple of times and the gay couple had sex off screen. I think they will probably give up on targeting Modern Family. That show has pretty good ratings and critical acclaim. They are now gunning for The New Normal because it is new and they are hoping they can take it down. If The New Normal gets at least 5 or 6 million viewers during the first few episodes, it will last at least one season.

LOL they've obviously never watched Degrassi if they think a Target ad could be corrupting the minds of a Degrassi viewer...

Archived