IGNORED

Behold...here are the child preachers!!

fakepigtails73

Good article from the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19377143

I think that I've seen the little blond boy on one of the pics from a documentary I've seen last year or so. If it's the same wee lad, on the wacky fundie-meter he's akin to a Steve Anderson (the PP). His "sermons", which I call "fundie temper tantrums", are full of anti-gay hate, hellfire and brimstone + cursing passerbys to the fires of hell if they don't repent tout de suite. :o

I wondered in his case where is CPS??

I posted about that documentary before the rapture. That kid was definitely a mini-PP, it was incredibly disturbing.

Yup he sure is!!

There's no way a 10-yr old can be so hateful and fanatic on his own; his parents likely started the brainwashing when he was still in diapers. I wonder if Solomon and the other Anderson kids believe as "fervently" in the hate as this one...

Now I really wanna see the film again. Will check on youtube and post it on this thread if I find it.

Is this the one?

I saw part of this on NGC the other night. I didn't watch the whole thing, I found it incredibly boring.

here's a clip of Sam the baby preacher in action:

His voice is so annoying, it's like nails on chalkboard. Yikes. :twisted: Some of the comments on that youtube page are as disturbing as the clip itself. I would've hoped that even devout evangelicals would find him seriously fucked up, but no. "God bless you", "you're amazing", "keep it up God's little warrior!" and so on. Sigh.

I rarely hate children even if I don't consider myself a "child person", although I'm starting to really dislike this Samuel...Most of my hate goes to his parents though. The kid knows that he can get into passerbys' faces, call them heathens and there's pretty much nothing they'll do short of walkaway. He learned his lessons in "manipulating people 101" well. I wonder if he'll keep it up in adulthood or if he'll do a complete 180 turn.

eta: thanks for the clip, will check it out to see if it's the one on my upcoming break.

SWL: can't watch the clip in my country for copyright reasons. Oh well.

SWL: can't watch the clip in my country for copyright reasons. Oh well.

There are VPN services you can use to access stuff like that when you are in another country. I believe there are some free ones, and others are paid. I have used one called hidemyass vpn (pay service) and it worked fine. I've never tried any of the free ones. Basically it just hide your IP address and makes it look like you are in the US. I used it to access my netflix account while I was in Europe.

Those videos are too creepy. I couldn't last with either of them. That is just wrong to me to even think of teaching little kids to do that.

I wonder how these children view what they are doing...it must seem the most natural thing in the world to them. As children they are beyond reproach and a much better vessel to promote this message of madness and misunderstanding. Its a shame that it is done so at the expense of their own childhood. Ezekiel Stoddard and his siblings reminded me of the Jackson Five, and I feel that this kind of exploitation of children to whatever end is very wrong.

here's a clip of Sam the baby preacher in action:

This child is a victim, and it breaks my heart to see him being exploited this way. He will grow up thinking that this is love.

This child is a victim, and it breaks my heart to see him being exploited this way. He will grow up thinking that this is love.

That kid belongs in acting classes, not suffering this kind of abuse.

Was this one a documentary on Nat Geo? I remember a little, little boy, maybe 3, getting all fired up and mumbling and such. His dad might have been a preacher. Somewhere in Florida, I think

Is this the one?

I saw part of this on NGC the other night. I didn't watch the whole thing, I found it incredibly boring.

THIS. Watch it!

I think it's very telling that the majority of these children are preaching in a Charismatic/Pentecostal setting. Most of these churches are very obsessed with emotional experiences: "feeling the Holy Spirit," "being touched by God," etc. It's not too hard to get a Pentecostal church worked up: start by addressing a problem (keep it generic, like "weakness," never something heavy like lust), blame all their problems on Satan, tell them God will make their lives perfect and they will never struggle again (lots of repetition here), hit the Bible, and/or jump up and down, yell, throw in a little speaking in tongues, and say "Jesus" and/or "Holy Ghost" every third or fourth word.

You'd never find something like this in a liturgical church. The people there aren't there for a show, and they usually don't take too kindly to their theology being reduced to a lot of acting.

I couldn't watch more than thirty seconds; watching those kids perform what is an obvious act is creepy. They are totally being used, but seem to be very good actors. I fear there's Pearl-style parenting behind the scenes, because that sort of act takes serious rehearsal and I can't imagine a four-year-old putting in all that time willingly. The only things four-year-olds should be doing in front of a church is singing a song or doing a skit or something.

I'll stick with my liturgical church. I am way too introverted, and also way too liberal, to go charismatic/Pentacostal. Just...no.

I couldn't watch more than thirty seconds; watching those kids perform what is an obvious act is creepy. They are totally being used, but seem to be very good actors. I fear there's Pearl-style parenting behind the scenes, because that sort of act takes serious rehearsal and I can't imagine a four-year-old putting in all that time willingly.

No doubt -- Marjoe Gortner's descriptions of how he was rehearsed were pretty bad.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0699935619

Back in the days of the tent revivals, kid preachers and blond haired ladies were the biggest draws, and no child at that age does something without parental encouragement. Sorry. I know the Power of the Holy Spirit does wonderous things, but this is more like child abuse. (that was snark, btw, RE: Holy Spirit) It makes me think of Flannery O'Connor's WiseBlood.

*sidenote, I love Flannery. She was a little nutty and would make ballgowns for her chickens.

Watching this documentary, all I keep thinking is like, Judy Garland and all the child stars of the early Hollywood years. These children are so so so exploited; Terry Durham's situation, especially, makes me feel icky inside.

It reminds me of the child singing duo Prussian Blue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_Blue), who used to sing about white supremacy and touted Holocaust denial. Surprise surprise, their mom made them do it, and when they were 14, they renounced it.

I remember reading about them and seeing a pic of them in Adolf Hitler smiley t-shirts. Gah. :snooty: :hand:

Archived