IGNORED

A mere conference cannot contain Scott Brown's ego

meda

A gathering of pontificating Patriarchs, now with added pomposity (Or why I enjoy NCFIC's emails)

So I have posted about the newest venture, The White Unto Harvest Mega-Conference (Mega-conference everyone! Not just a regular conference, not a mere food conference, not an flimsey excuse for an ersatz Edwardian tea party.....A real gathering to discuss Important! Biblical! Stuffs!), and I am really enjoying what seems to be a ploy by Scotty at NCFIC to grab the serious biblical thinker mantle from the VF crowd.

So today they emailed the "message titles" for the conference. I am blown away by the delusions of grandeur. Who the hell do they think is attending this thing, heads of state?

Message Titles

The Sower Went out to Sow — Matthew 13

What Is the Great Commission? — Matthew 28

The Use of Your Home as a Picture of the Kingdom of God. (or, make sure your wife is smiling and children obey. Always)

Great Missionary Stories from the Early Church to the Reformation

Contextualization. (Of what? Try some context in your titles)

Raising up Boys and Girls Who Can Be Missionaries

The Power of the Holy Spirit

Today's Evangelism or Biblical Evangelism

The Place of Literature Distribution in the Great Commission

Missions and Evangelism in Calvin's Geneva

Great Missionary Stories from the Reformation to the Present

Muslim Evangelism

Give Me Scotland Or I Die — the Life and Ministry of John Knox

Revival and Revivalism — Expalining Ian Murray's Book

How to Have a Vision for Raising Capital for Foreign Mission Projects or Becoming a Self-Supported Missionary

How to Disciple a Nation. (like any of these clowns would have the oportunity)

Integrating Broken Families and Single Moms into Family-Integrated Churches

Preaching the Gospel in the Battle Zone of the Abortion Clinic. (WTF? :hand: )

Profile of the Evangelistic Church

Evangelism and the Power of the Family Table

Church Programming and Evangelism

Evangelizing the Next Generation in Your Own Home

How Family Discipleship Creates Love for the Lost

How to Pray for Missions — Colossians 4:2

Arrows in the Hands of a Warrior: the Gospel and Your Family

You Shall Be My Witnesses — Acts 1:8

Culture Shock, Making a Kingdom Impact on Your Culture — Acts 19:18-41

Open-Air Preaching — Taking the Gospel to the Streets

Evangelizing Addicts

Street Preaching Practice and Theology

Reaching the Nations as a Family

Justification and Sanctification

True and False Conversion — Evangelism Within the Local Church

What Is True Conversion? — Fruit

Teaching Them to Obey

What Is True Conversion? — Faith

Let the Nations Be Glad — Psalm 67

Mission Field — Main Street

Finding Your Family's Usefulness in Fulfilling the Great Commission

The Puritans and Their Evangelistic Methods

Profile of the Evangelistic Home

What Is the Gospel?

Love for the Lost

Marketplace Evangelism

Reaching the Nations in Our Own Backyard

How Will They Hear Without a Preacher? — Romans 10:5-17

Crisis-Based Evangelism

Evangelizing Mormons

Contextualization/Family/Short Term Missions

What Happened in the Twentieth Century That Gave Us Lifeless Professors? ( Go earn a fucking Doctorate from an accredited college before you attempt to lecture on this topic, you ignorant twits)

My head explodes from the stupid of it all.

The speakers list is a who's who of crazy. They even dragged Botkin out of semi retirement. I'll bet he's doing the discipline nations speech. http://www.ncfic.org/harvest-speakers

What is going on with Botkin, anyway? Why is he so quiet lately? It's just not like him. There's no health problem, is there?

What is going on with Botkin, anyway? Why is he so quiet lately? It's just not like him. There's no health problem, is there?

IIRC, several months ago, our friend KnightInShiningAmore mentioned something about Botkin Pere's health being problematic.

IIRC, several months ago, our friend KnightInShiningAmore mentioned something about Botkin Pere's health being problematic.

Ah, that's right-- he did. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Exactly how long is this mega-conference supposed to go on? I was getting bored just reading the "message titles" :sleeping-yellow:

I wonder if there's real competition between NCFIC and VF, or if they work in tandem? Obviously BRADRICK is a connection between them, but do they generally support each other?

There must be some connection Doug the Tool is listed as one of the speakers I think.

Agreed - the list of speakers is a veritable "Who's Who in Fundie-Land."

BUT - Scott (or his interns!) needs to pay a bit more attention to biographical details. Marcus Serven's blurb says he has one grandchild. I believe daughter Beth now has two children, and Rebecca just had her long-awaited first. Where's all that full-quiver excitement???

White unto Harvest? I know its from a Biblical passage but I can't help wonder if they couldn't have found a better title that didn't sound oddly racist.

A gathering of pontificating Patriarchs, now with added pomposity (Or why I enjoy NCFIC's emails)

So I have posted about the newest venture, The White Unto Harvest Mega-Conference (snip)

Did anyone else read that as The White Uterus Harvest Mega-Conference? Please say yes.

I noticed that their main speaker is Paul Washer, who happens to be a really, really annoying Baptist preacher of the hellfire and brimstone school.

I also noticed this:

Taylor Tsantles is a member of Sovereign Redeemer Church under the eldership of Jason Dohm. As a member of Sovereign Redeemer, Taylor has been involved in grassroots-level outreach, by participating in evangelism in his local city of Youngsville and in preaching the gospel at an abortion clinic. Taylor currently runs his own graphics design company - Steadfast Design Firm. Near the end of last year, he celebrated his first anniversary with Blair, following the birth of their firstborn child - Aedan Chase Tsantles.

Remember Taylor? He was a whopping 17 years old when he married Blair (who I think was something like 24). I don't even think he's 20 years old. And yet he "preaches at an abortion clinic" (read: makes himself out to be an obnoxious asshole to women arriving for health services, not all of which include abortions).

Of course, note, not a single woman is listed as a speaker. I don't see very much difference between these NCFIC guys and Saudi religious leaders who insist on women never speaking in public.

Exactly how long is this mega-conference supposed to go on? I was getting bored just reading the "message titles" :sleeping-yellow:

This. SO boring. I would love to know how much $$ these conferences generate. The $$ HAS to be a big part in getting Sr. Botkin to participate.

And honestly, after awhile, aren't the messages just repetitive!?

I'm sure the Sanders will go. They go to ALL of these dumb conferences.

[quote="Karsaroni

This. SO boring. I would love to know how much $$ these conferences generate. The $$ HAS to be a big part in getting Sr. Botkin to participate.

And honestly, after awhile, aren't the messages just repetitive!?

I'm sure the Sanders will go. They go to ALL of these dumb conferences.

Of course, note, not a single woman is listed as a speaker. I don't see very much difference between these NCFIC guys and Saudi religious leaders who insist on women never speaking in public.

You also have to be a man (or man-child) to participate in an NCFIC internship. I used to live near Wake Forest, and I was HIGHLY disappointed, believe you me :lol:

The bright side - one of my branches goes all the way back (with verifiable docs) to the Bible.

Srsly? How? - presumably Jewish records? I'm always totally awed when people say this sort of thing as we can't get further back than the 17th century before getting lost in a spelling mistake or something. (Small shopkeeper was the posh one in my ancestry.)

Agreed - the list of speakers is a veritable "Who's Who in Fundie-Land."

BUT - Scott (or his interns!) needs to pay a bit more attention to biographical details. Marcus Serven's blurb says he has one grandchild. I believe daughter Beth now has two children, and Rebecca just had her long-awaited first. Where's all that full-quiver excitement???

Four, actually: recall that Peter & Meredith had a little-heralded babe about the time Nemmers Loomis came along.

I wonder if Marcus' star is waning. There was only one congratrulatory response to Nathan's engagement, last I visited the clan blog. Of course maybe the bride-to-be's nose ring puts people off. Or maybe people are chary after Nathan's earlier failed engagement.

Back on topic, yes, I forget the Bible verse, but "white unto harvest" refers to the fact of certain crop fields looking white when it's time to get out the ole sickle. One mission hymn begins:

"Hark, the voice of Jesus, crying, 'Who will go and work today?

Fields are white, and harvest waiting. Who will bear the sheaves away?'..."

At least Brown hasn't used that pedantic gerund device:

Waiting for harvest: the mission field

or

Raising boys and girls: the future missionaries

I get tired of that convention. It's too ... I dunno, simplistic and snobby all at the same time.

As to the VF/NCFIC connection. IIRC, VF birthed NCFIC, and yes, the 2 uber-patriarchs, Phillips & Brown, are in cahoots. I'm pretty sure it's detailed on the NCFIC history page, but I'd rather check up on the RHONY blogs just now. Anybody else?

What can teenage father Taylor have to speak about? They must be desperate for speakers. Why no Bradrick? I am sure lots of young single,fundie men would pay to see him speak on how to get their own "sturdy" woman. :?

What can teenage father Taylor have to speak about? They must be desperate for speakers. Why no Bradrick? I am sure lots of young single,fundie men would pay to see him speak on how to get their own "sturdy" woman. :?

Who else is gonna book Taylor?

The faithful don't think about him being one of Scott's children (nearly literally, heh), they just see him getting conference cred by being on the dais. Look for a lot more of him.

As for Bradrick not being there, well, it *is* hurricane season! :rolleyes

Taylor Tsantles is a member of Sovereign Redeemer Church under the eldership of Jason Dohm. As a member of Sovereign Redeemer, Taylor has been involved in grassroots-level outreach, by participating in evangelism in his local city of Youngsville and in preaching the gospel at an abortion clinic standing around in public, annoying people. Taylor currently runs his own graphics design company - Steadfast Design Firm fake fundy crap "business." Near the end of last year, he celebrated his first anniversary with Blair whisker, following the birth of their firstborn child unpronounceably named offspring - Aedan Chase Tsantles.

There. I fixed it.

Two observations

BRADRICK!'s older brother Andy will be speaking at the conference. It looks like he also possesses the infamous ears and the red hair gene. I'm not making fun of their appearance, however, just observing. If we were going off of ear size/shape and hair color, I'd more than pass as a Bradrick.

Also, did anyone else notice that Scott and Taylor do not attend the same church even though they live in the same area? I wonder why, it's curious. It seems like Scott would/does keep those sons-in-law under his thumb, so why don't they worship together?

*EDIT because I answered my own question- Taylor attends the planted church, while Scott is at the original. Makes sense, I guess.*

Archived