IGNORED

Any fundie men wage-slaves?

YPestis

Do we know of any fundie men who work for corporations or secular organizations that pays a salary (aka wage-slave in fundie parlance)? Most of the fundies we read about seem to showcase their ministry which typically include selling homeschooling and Christian lifestyle material. I know Steve Maxwell used to work for Boeing but has since "come home". The Muncks own their doggie care facility (which is pretty cute). Then we get the Botkins, the VF people, Maxwells etc.

I know fundie men prefer being self-employed since they can avoid taking orders from women and working with gays. However, given that so many small businesses fall apart and fundie men are partial to large families and nonworking spouses, where to most end up doing for a living? IT? Engineering? Construction? I can't imagine any of them doing "feminine" professions such as nursing. Maybe teaching. One of the Botkin sons married a girl whose father is a physician (although unsure the level of fundie-ness of her family). I'm often curious where most fundie men end up doing given their long list of things they want to avoid...

I knew a fundie Catholic family where the dad was a nurse, actually.

DH's last job had an IT person who was Fundie. We had a friend who was an IT guy for the local government. There's a fundie in DH's current factory that asked him about adoption, apparently they lost the ability to have more kids after 9 and want more so feel they must adopt. I think he's just a floor supervisor, irrc. I've known an HR trainer for a corporation. I've known engineers and guys on the production line.

Yes. The Girotti men (girottifamily.typepad.com) are all employed: Dad works for the power company, older son is a medical resident, younger son is a technician at an airport. They are total VF bootlickers, so it's kind of surprising that they all have careers in--shudder--secular industries.

Does Vision Forum count? Perry Coghlan is a Ware house manager for them.

This! If anyone is a wage slave, Perry is. Also, isn't Doug and Be-All's slave nanny's father making just a small amount of money which is why he pimps his wife and daughter out to Dougie? I thought we have mentioned this when talking about Return of the Daughters.

The Coghlan girls are knockouts and a couple are of marriageable age.I wonder if ever goes though Perrys mind to marry up as it were.

It's probably fundy but not Gothard/ATI type. The fundy church near me doesn't frown on salaried employment for men. They are more liberal than Gothard on what women can do also although the preferred model is SAHMs but I don't think they push SAHDs. I should ask.

It's not being a wage slave, it's being a provider!

I think there are some but I forget who. Now you mention it most are self-employed or in a family/church business. Dan Beasley has a job I think

Archived