IGNORED

New NGJ

phoenissadido

Does anyone find the latest Pearl magazine issue to be a little...innnocuous? Beyond a snide remark about homeschool v. public school, I'm not irritated about much.

Tired of the media attention or just mellowing out in their old age?

http://nogreaterjoy.org/magazine/archiv ... ober-2012/

(Although I did find the story about being respectful to his grandkids vis à vis their fear of water ironic, since he did try and drown one of his own kids... :roll: )

Yeah, the story about being respectful & how HE treated his own kids is just a big fat lie - par for the course:

[Watching my grandchildren learn to swim] brought to mind how I related to my kids when they were learning to swim. I was careful to never betray their trust, to never be the source of consternation or fear. If they wanted to “swim†the two feet from shore to my hands, I always provided that certainty of safety, never allowing them to become desperate. They always felt I was safe and trusted me to protect them.

I guess the Michael & Debi Pearl cult members are too stupid to read & understand TTUAC or back issues of NGJ.

In general, the latest issue of NGJ is not so much innocuous as perhaps more subtle. The shite and poison are in there all right. Consider Mike Pearl's article "A Generation Later":

You may remember the story of the little wrench-whacker whom my wife struck back and taught a lesson. He, too, is now grown and married with a child. He stopped by the house to chat not more than 20 minutes ago. He no longer whacks people with anything and is a most peaceable father.

I have thought about making an updated edition of To Train Up a Child and including pictures and testimonies of all the ornery little kids spoken of in the book. They are all grown and everyone of them is a great human being today. I see most of them regularly. I am now watching them train their children just as they were trained.

Everyone of them is a great human being? What about your oldest daughter, Mike?

Obama budget Michael Pearl child abuse Ryan medicare

[Need to get this moved up from 4th place to 1st in the Google search.]

Yeah, the story about being respectful & how HE treated his own kids is just a big fat lie - par for the course:

:shock: How dare he? Motherfucker.

For those who have never read it, here's what he did to "train" his children around water:

SINKING FEELING

When our children were coming along, we lived in a house with a pond in the immediate yard. As they grew to be toddlers wandering around outside, we always watched them closely. Yet, knowing the possibility of one getting out of sight, we cranked up the training. On a warm spring day I followed the first set of wobbly legs to the inviting water. She played around the edge until she found a way to get down the bank to the water. I stood close by as she bent over reaching into the mirror of shining color. Splash! In she went.

Girl, it was cold. I restrained my anxiety long enough for her to right herself in the water and show some recognition of her inability to breathe. When panic set in (mine as well as hers--not to mention her mother's), I pulled her out and scolded her for getting close to the pond. She didn't swallow any water, and there was no need for resuscitation--except on my wife who took several hours to begin breathing normally. We repeated the same process with all the children. It took only one time for each of them to learn respect for the water. And it got easier on us.

We did have trouble with one of them. She is the one who became mobile early, crawling at four months and walking at seven. She always had marvelous coordination. She just wouldn't fall in. I got weary taking walks to the pond. So, to bring the class to graduation, I pushed. Oh, she didn't know it. As she was balanced over the water, I just nudged her with my foot. To this day, I still believe that if I had left her alone she would have swum out. But, it distressed her enough to make her not want to play around the pond.

I guess the Michael & Debi Pearl cult members are too stupid to read & understand TTUAC or back issues of NGJ.

In general, the latest issue of NGJ is not so much innocuous as perhaps more subtle. The shite and poison are in there all right. Consider Mike Pearl's article "A Generation Later":

Everyone of them is a great human being? What about your oldest daughter, Mike?

Well, Michael, if none of them "whack" anybody, they are not taking your advice, are they.

Honestly, if they all turned out to be Pearl's idea of great human beings, I suspect I would not be too thrilled with most of them.

He is slime.

Archived