IGNORED

Jack Schaap Video

slh12280

I'm sure he is of Dutch descent. His surname is Dutch and means 'sheep'.

Poor Americans..... :( :(

The younger guy on the left keeps looking out at the audience, "Shit this is bad, we are so getting hate letters about this sermon."

Guest Anonymous

What in the actual fuck? :shock:

That was mega cringe worthy. The shrieking is annoying, too.

**ETA: Someone over at SFL made a gif. It's not for the faint of heart, be warned. Also, this apparently took place at the 2010 Hyles Youth Conference. This pervetastic display was put on for teenagers.

Guest Anonymous

I wasn't very familiar with Jack Schaap so I've been reading up on the situation over at SFL. Basically there's not enough :shock: :shock: :shock: in the world to cover it.

For example, this sermon:

01:20 Let me ask your daughter something. You date him? Have you

kissed him? Ya’ sleeping with him? Multiple times?

04:04 And I’ll look at the person and say, who ya sleeping with? Your

kid’s problem(s) isn’t, the, did you see how short her skirt is, no,

the problem is, she takes her skirt, and everything else off. Your

kids are coming to me and telling me they have sexual experiences in

the hundreds; hundreds; hundreds.

05:04 Is she good in bed? How many times have you slept with her? Are

you uncomfortable?

05:46 You know, the most common question I ask our teenagers: are you

safe in how you act? Mom and dad, you understand the language? That’s

my most common question. In Baptist Church, in Hammond, Indiana, are

you practicing safe sex?

09:10 I want to say to my fellow brethren cremate me over this. Absolutely destroy me on the blog pages. Massacre. We’ve lost lost

scores of HAC students because pastors get furious when I talk about this. But who wrote the book on sexuality folks?

09:47 Nobody wants to be more intimate with you than God does. The language that Jesus Christ used when he talked to his Father about what he wanted for his people. Read John 17 mom and daddy and tell me how intimate he wanted your kids to be with him. Read John 15 and ask me if Jesus Christ just wanted to shake hands. [whispering] If you abide in me, and my words abide in you. I in you. You in Me. We in the Father, the Father in us. Don’t try to reach some ambiguous theological nonsense in that. Jesus was saying, can I put it in language that everybody understands. He says “I want be the most intimate of intimates with you.â€

10:50 But if we don’t get it figured out that we’re connected with God. And when your teenager goes through adolescence and they start changing, and daddy, you don’t want to touch her anymore, you know you don’t want to hug her anymore; trust me, she’s got a boyfriend lined up who’ll be happy to touch her.

11:50 Mom, dad, listen to me. I don’t need more business, but when your children reach that age, and they start going through that 13, 14, 15 year stage, send them to me, I’ll talk to them. Please don’t look at me like I’m stupid, why are you talking this way? Because I don’t want to lose your kids, that’s why. Because you don’t want to find out about it do you mom and daddy. And I’ll tell you three reasons why. Number one, because you’re dirty yourself.

12:42 I was one of those little kids that went to a public school. You’ve heard me say it, I watched sex take place in the Junior High hallway, but I was a virgin when I got married.

13:09 You know what grieves my heart. I’m looking around and see some of you men sleeping and I want to walk up to you. I can tell you how many girls your son has slept with; I know. He lives at home with you right now. You’re sleeping. You’re sound asleep. I want to walk up to you and say wake up dad, your son is whoring around.

15:03 Do you know how many times your daughter sneaks out in the wee hours of the morning to have sex with her boyfriend? Well, not my

daughter. I’ll take pictures for ya’.

http://www.stufffundieslike.com/2012/07/lasts-gasps/

Who sits and listens to that from their pastor? I'm gobsmacked.

• 1 month later...

Bumping...

Jack Schaap is supposedly going to enter into a federal plea deal to taking a minor over state lines for purposes of sexual activity.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1523 ... r-old.html

I hope they throw the book at this scoundrel.

ETA link to plea deal (pdf): https://s3.amazonaws.com/brevia/Schaap-plea.pdf

Good God...how did the other higher ups (in white) not jump out of their seats and tackle him? Oh yeah, he was lead pastor and married to the founder's daughter...

It's so obvious...I wonder how many teens in the audience were holding back tears trying not to fall to the floor laughing.

I'm sure he is of Dutch descent. His surname is Dutch and means 'sheep'.

Poor Americans..... :( :(

I'm so ashamed right now :oops: .... and slightly sick :puke-front:

Why??

Ashamed for being Dutch. Although I'm sure there are no Schaap's in my family tree.

The slightly sick speaks for itself, I think. ;) That video.... wow....

I didn't watch the whole video. Is that gif lifted directly from the video? or is the "at a medium pace, at a faster pace, at a slower pace" done with an edit?

I didn't watch the whole video. Is that gif lifted directly from the video? or is the "at a medium pace, at a faster pace, at a slower pace" done with an edit?

Oh, no. There's no editing. It came straight from the youtube clip.

So can someone do a quick summary of that sermon (or even just that part) so I can know what the hell I just watched?

Well, he got the "inspiration" from Isaiah 49:1-3

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name. And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me; And said unto me, Thou [art] my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

It's one of several "sermons" that are all about him (even though most Christians see that text as a prophecy concerning Christ) . His dad wanted him to take over his business (a trailer park) or go to a real college, while preachers were encouraging him to go to Bible college and go into ministry. He still wants to go into business because he's so awesome at it, but listens to a few sermons by Hyles, RG Lee, etc and ends up in school at Hyles-Anderson. Finally daddy tells him to go be a preacher. He gets back to the "polished shaft" reference briefly, talking about how one part of a quiver has ordinary arrows and the other part has the excellent arrows and the polished shaft is one of the excellent arrows. Compares himself and other preachers to Isaiah and then talks about how God finds the best men, without the flaws of ordinary men and calls them into ministry. Talks about searching for men who are "polished shafts", but most people don't want to be; those who are willing and yielding, god will work them over and build them up and polish them. He talks a lot about how the polished shaft (character) is made in secret and your hidden life is the real you, talks about how hard it is for men spending so much time in ministry they barely see their families but holds it up as a good thing. HAC is big on glorifying suffering and claiming it builds character and makes a man fit for ministry. Ends by calling men to be willing to yield/suffer (ie spend tons of time and money on bus work and other HAC projects) so they can be the "polish shafts" needed to go into ministry.

And here's the "transcript" from the clip where he's polishing his shaft:

Of course it hurts, of course there’s fire, of course there’s pain – course there’s ah uh ah uh ah that’s hot – that’s hot. Just shut up – I can handle it, I know what I’m doing. I know what I’m doing. Oh god that hurts oh oh god I’m sorry oh god I didn’t wanna lose ( ) oh god I didn’t want to have that pain. Oh god no no no! Oh oh. God you love me so much don’t you. Yes. Oh god, thank you for what your making me. You’re welcome. Oh god, I see an opportunity here. Oh ya, so do I. Oh god, I see a beautiful wife. Ya. I’ve never dreamed of her. A lot of thing you’ve never dreamed of son. Lots of things you’ve never dreamed of. Oh oh oh – you think I could marry her? She’s very very polished. You better get it more polished son. Hey, god, the children are holding my arms, oh it’s finishing the whole [ ] I so wanted to be the daddy. Ya, you remember who owns them. Make sure they serve me. That’s why I gave them to you, son. Oh – oh oh god. I see a pulpit – I see a pulpit – God say: Ah huh. Ah-huh. That don’t work on you, son. You think – you think I stand before you tonight sorry that I yielded to god. ...You – you think I stand here tonight, with these my trusted men, sorry that I yielded, you think I – I’m regretting that I yielded to god – you think I’m sorry when I see this crowd here tonight – no no no no oh oh God – keep polishing – keep polishing- keep polishing – keep polishing.

So much of it seems ironic now. Also, he didn't just preach it in 2010. He preached it at least as early as 2007 and it was one of his most well-known sermons.

About the only thing I agree with the Pissing Preacher and ZsuZsu on is that Jack Schaap is one skeevy kind of guy. You know stopped clock, twice a day, etc.

Raine, that is seriously the most effed up transcript of a sermon I have ever read, and I have read some doozies from all sorts of Christian denominations, including my own. The man is just not...........right. :?

Not that I couldn't tell simply from the gif file that the man flies his freak flag high and often. :shock:

Archived